Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge injury

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Smoke and mirrors from Gus? This is when we could do with a player like Vincelot who can play at left back comfortably. Unlike, Painter, El-Abd or Calderon.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although Painter has done well since coming back he can't cope with a pacey winger. Zaha would destroy him. So it's either Bridge back or we need to stop the supply to Zaha very very well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard that had we been playing an away game last night Bridge would have played but could not be risked on our home pitch which has synthetic particles in its construction. I hope that this is true as we desperately need him against Zaha as he will stop Zaha no trouble but I do not have the same confidence for any of our other possible left backs. This added to the high balls into our box is a worry that defeat is on the cards. I just hope that I am being too pessimistic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With cover against Zaha speed I would prefer Painter as the alternative option to Bridge, at least he is comfortable there which both EL Abd and Calderon are not. Neither fullback for the DS are anywhere near good enough to even be considered. Is Tarrico still registered as a player?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
From Bruno.

Bon dia a tots, buenos dias , good morning Seagulls! Very important 3 points , yesterday! Bristol jugo bastante bien pero fuimos superiores! Next game will be very very important! Yo tengo un problema en las costillas que se esta agudizando bastante y me tiene preocupado! I have a rib quite badly and i am worried! i hope recover me faster! Thanks Seagulls!!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Bridge would be a bigger loss than Bruno, only because Painter would get destroyed by Zaha and Bolasie, whereas I think Calderon would fair a little better if he had to play instead of Bruno.

Painter has done very well since his return (much better than I anticipated), but I don't think he's been up against a winger of any real pace or quality yet, and Palace have two of them. Worrying.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Has anyone suggested that Bridgey couldve been winding them up?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Exactly , after 2 hours of Chinese whispers , we will be fielding the youth team against Palace.

Not worried now are you Grimbo? Cause I was always under the impression that you thought Zaha was shite?

Wilfried Zaha > Marcus Painter :cool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not worried now are you Grimbo? Cause I was always under the impression that you thought Zaha was shite?

:cool:

Against Bridge he will be as he will prove to be too quick and experienced to worry about Zaha but against Painter it will be a different story as he will just race past him and be pulled down and Palace will get yet another penalty.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Wilfried Zaha > Marcus Painter :cool:

Bridge will be more than the equal of Winifred , Painter on the other hand will just hack him down without any finesse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here