Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You said 'we have ample replacements'. As there is only Keith Andrews, unless you know something I don't (?) as cover in that position, then this can be the only conclusion drawn. I didn't say that Bridcutt was better than Ince vs Bournemouth. I said 'if anyone thinks that Ince is a better player than LB, [comma very important here] today, [another comma] then they are seriously deluded. The importance of the commas is that they create a stress on the word 'today' giving the reader the implied notion that 'in the future this may not turn out to be the case and Ince may be better' and has no relation to the Bournemouth game. I hope this clears it up for you.

As to the 'speculation' what grounds do you have for this? As I pointed out he started the game very well, and two factors beyond his control conspired against him. Firstly the penalty gave Bournemouth the option of sitting back which creates a playing style that does not, yet, suit LB and secondly he got clattered. My thoughts are: stop spouting hot air - you don't know anything about his thoughts - and see things for what they are.

Your use of commas, and more pointedly your explanation thereof, is grammatically incorrect. [Full stop indicative of the end of a sentence. ]

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Your use of commas, and more pointedly your explanation thereof, is grammatically incorrect. [Full stop indicative of the end of a sentence. ]

Don't you hate pedants? And are you sure there should be a comma after commas?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

The use of pedantry in response to someone's preceeding pedantic statement is termed sarcasm and whilst often unappreciated its use in this instance makes much the same point that you make. And yes the use of commas to separate an explanatory sub-clause within a sentence is grammatically accurate.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

The use of pedantry in response to someone's preceeding pedantic statement is termed sarcasm and whilst often unappreciated its use in this instance makes much the same point that you make. And yes the use of commas to separate an explanatory sub-clause within a sentence is grammatically accurate.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield

I was going to use the term 'sub-clause' to explain my point, but I thought that may make me look like a tosser...[ellipsis giving pointed emphasis] :wink:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Liam Bridcutt didn't have the best of games maybe because we were pressing more in the first half and towards the end of the game. He stands out more when we are defending but as we were looking to score his role somewhat becomes superfluous. He could, however had made amends by scoring that fantastic opportunity at the end of the game. Now that would have increased his value!!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I'm not sure Bridcutt in a Garcia team is not as good as Bridcutt in a Poyet team. He is expected to get forward much more now and he's not very good at that.

If he goes now we'll miss him way less than had it happened this time last season.

That's my two penneth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure Bridcutt in a Garcia team is not as good as Bridcutt in a Poyet team. He is expected to get forward much more now and he's not very good at that.

If he goes now we'll miss him way less than had it happened this time last season.

That's my two penneth.

Agree, although we have to take into account the limited game time he has had this season. Looks a shadow of the last few seasons at the moment and seems very uncomfortable trying to be creative to me. Not sure that this is to do with his commitment or having his head turned, he didn't look all that in the early season games he played either

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You said 'we have ample replacements'. As there is only Keith Andrews, unless you know something I don't (?) as cover in that position, then this can be the only conclusion drawn. I didn't say that Bridcutt was better than Ince vs Bournemouth. I said 'if anyone thinks that Ince is a better player than LB, [comma very important here] today, [another comma] then they are seriously deluded. The importance of the commas is that they create a stress on the word 'today' giving the reader the implied notion that 'in the future this may not turn out to be the case and Ince may be better' and has no relation to the Bournemouth game. I hope this clears it up for you.

As to the 'speculation' what grounds do you have for this? As I pointed out he started the game very well, and two factors beyond his control conspired against him. Firstly the penalty gave Bournemouth the option of sitting back which creates a playing style that does not, yet, suit LB and secondly he got clattered. My thoughts are: stop spouting hot air - you don't know anything about his thoughts - and see things for what they are.

Maybe also relinquishing the captains armband is another thing that tells us he is not quite right

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

That's my two penneth.

Agree100% with that

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He's been poor for several games now. I wouldn't mind us selling him for the right price, but for goodness sake, just because he claps the fans (like he does at EVERY OTHER GAME) doesn't mean he's off. Christ.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here