Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He was easily the weakest of our three midfield players today, and that's with Crofts being anonymous for large periods of the game. Definitely looked like a player whose head wasn't in the game

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Worst game ever for us after the captaincy was taken away. It seems pretty obvious that he's going somewhere. He should have been the first one to be subbed today in my opinion.

Agree the worst game I've seen him play in a long time. Thoughts elsewhere needs to be dropped

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I said this after the Huddersfield game and some people said it was just because he's coming back from injury. But it's not, it's because his head is already elsewhere. He simply doesn't want to play for Brighton and Hove Albion any longer. As good a player as he has been in previous seasons, his attitude in the last few matches has been utterly disgraceful. What's more, now we're no longer a team set up to ponce around in our own half racking up possession stats and knocking the ball sideways and backwards endlessly, he's starting to look like a very average player. He can't play a forward pass to save his life. He really is poor on the ball when he has to look up and pick out a man more than 20 yards away. On this form he does not deserve a place in our side as we have better players. The best thing for all concerned is that Sunderland up their bid and he goes.

I've always been a big fan of Bridders but I am inclined to agree with this view, after today; and provided that he is replaced by someone better.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He wasn't at his best today but quite clearly tired after playing all our christmas games and travelling from blackpool and playing on Charlton's "glue" pitch,the man is not a robot and was obviously knackered!!

Really?

If he was that knackered he should've communicated it and been subbed rather than Crofts. It's a team game and if he had shot his bolt and stayed on then he let the team down.

In reality, he was poor in both halves, missing tackles, not tracking back and letting opponents run past him in ways they'd never been allowed to last season.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Head is elsewhere. Their players were gliding past him in midfield and he was bottling 50:50s. Perhaps a medical is on his mind.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Really?

If he was that knackered he should've communicated it and been subbed rather than Crofts. It's a team game and if he had shot his bolt and stayed on then he let the team down.

In reality, he was poor in both halves, missing tackles, not tracking back and letting opponents run past him in ways they'd never been allowed to last season.
Yes Really,he's the only one of our midfielders to have played all three games over christmas on heavy pitches and it showed today.
Not he's call to sub himself,do you think any professional ask's to be subbed?

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Don't make excuses for him. Every player was in the same boat as him regarding the Christmas period. He's just had a couple of games where he hasn't performed well, but hopefully this isn't unrest from a player who wants to leave. Lets hope we keep him until the summer.

No,not every player was in he's position,liam was the only midfielder to play all three games over christmas,not making excuses just noticed he looked tired.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes Really,he's the only one of our midfielders to have played all three games over christmas on heavy pitches and it showed today.

Yes, I've seen players signal to the bench & been subbed soon after.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Of course not, it was irony! :facepalm:

The second statement remains true though -"he was poor in both halves, missing tackles, not tracking back and letting opponents run past him in ways they'd never been allowed to last season" and that was because his head wasn't in it; it was nothing to do with the state of his body.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I hope his performance today wasn't attitude related because he wants to leave. Let's hope it's just one of those off days

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If he was about to retire I'd tell him that he left it too late, and that the last few weeks have soured my memories of him. Truly, truly awful today. Bottling the 50/50s was the clearest sign that he's already planning on being as fit as he can be for a medical. I don't blame him... but I hold him responsible for his atrocious performance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm pig-sick of 'undosclosed fees' - why can't the FA man-up and say, 'Right, if you want to register this transfer, you'll have to declare the fee paid and we will publish it - otherwise we won't register the transfer'?

Why would the FA care?

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Sky seem to think Liam had a great game:

Liam Bridcutt, whose future at the Amex has been the subject of speculation following interest from Sunderland, offered another example of why his services are so sought after.

The 24-year-old was at his best, closing down opponents, spraying passes to the wings from the centre of midfield and providing energy and creativity to an otherwise lacklustre Brighton.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287944/report

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the reports that I've seen mark Bridcutt and Ince the same. Personally if Bridcutt deserved a 6 then surely Ince deserved a 12.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here