Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince was comfortably better than Bridcutt yesterday.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He was nothing when he came here. He'll go back to being nothing when he leaves. Already, his ability is deserting him and being transferred to Rohan.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ince was comfortably better than Bridcutt yesterday.

By some distance. For me Ince or KLL (for his work rate alone - he was one of the best defenders as well as forwards!) were the two best options for MoM

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
By some distance. For me Ince or KLL (for his work rate alone - he was one of the best defenders as well as forwards!) were the two best options for MoM

I was glad Ward got it because he's been superb this season and it's gone unnoticed.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Sadly his mind is elsewhere, drop him until it is sorted one way or the other, we have ample replacements

I have read some rubbish on this thread, but this takes the biscuit!

Keith Andrews, are you serious?

And anyone who thinks that Rohan Ince is as good a player, today, as LB then you are seriously deluded. Ince made several bad errors yesterday, including two in the second half that very nearly cost us defeat. He is inexperienced at best. Neither he nor LB had a great game, sure, but some of the speculative commentary on here would shame a convention of conspiracy theorists.

Just before the penalty Naylor tweeted words to the effect that LB had started well, and he did, with two great tackles and ensuing passes that led to chances. He was then nearly chopped in two by their player, and this along with the fact that the penalty meant Bournemouth could sit-back for the rest of the game, meant that his normal play and standards were as frustrated as everyone else's.

Reading these comments frustrates me because LB is without question our best player overall, and if he were to read this opportunistic crap why would he stay at the club?

No, he hasn't reached the heights of last season or of the season prior to that, but if we consider that Oscar is playing a flat two in a 4231, rather than GP's favoured 4141 and add a fairly major injury to this style of play change, then the least he should get from us is a bit more respect than moronic twaddle like these comments.

A 4231 means that the DM position rotates during play and will encourage more attacking passing from LB, which will inevitably mean that the ball is lost more. But this can only lead to an improved player in the future when he gains the confidence to try different options.

Unfortunately, moaning minnies here and in the crowd will only hinder any improvement. The crowd were appalling yesterday, and I think we need to look at ourselves as well as the players.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You are cup tied if a player competes in the game in question, not simply selected in the cup squad!

Correct

15. PROVISIONS CONCERNING PLAYERS
(g) A substitute who does not play in a match is entitled to play for another Club in the Competition in the same season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was glad Ward got it because he's been superb this season and it's gone unnoticed.

He scored so, by some ridiculous unwritten rule, he got MoM.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yes, he's extremely consistent, if not as good as his predecessor in the team at bombing down that left flank. I'm also glad that Upson is beginning to get noticed for his quite brilliant and highly consistent performances. His reading of the game is excellent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's nonsense (in this particular case). The sponsors would have had to make their decision way earlier than the 88th minute.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

MoM is usually awarded about 5 minutes before being read out, so for once, the sponsor actually paid attention to the game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's nonsense (in this particular case). The sponsors would have had to make their decision way earlier than the 88th minute.

Not sure about timings, but you have to admit that MoM pretty consistently goes to whoever scores.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have read some rubbish on this thread, but this takes the biscuit!

Keith Andrews, are you serious?

And anyone who thinks that Rohan Ince is as good a player, today, as LB then you are seriously deluded. Ince made several bad errors yesterday, including two in the second half that very nearly cost us defeat. He is inexperienced at best. Neither he nor LB had a great game, sure, but some of the speculative commentary on here would shame a convention of conspiracy theorists.

Just before the penalty Naylor tweeted words to the effect that LB had started well, and he did, with two great tackles and ensuing passes that led to chances. He was then nearly chopped in two by their player, and this along with the fact that the penalty meant Bournemouth could sit-back for the rest of the game, meant that his normal play and standards were as frustrated as everyone else's.

Reading these comments frustrates me because LB is without question our best player overall, and if he were to read this opportunistic crap why would he stay at the club?

No, he hasn't reached the heights of last season or of the season prior to that, but if we consider that Oscar is playing a flat two in a 4231, rather than GP's favoured 4141 and add a fairly major injury to this style of play change, then the least he should get from us is a bit more respect than moronic twaddle like these comments.

A 4231 means that the DM position rotates during play and will encourage more attacking passing from LB, which will inevitably mean that the ball is lost more. But this can only lead to an improved player in the future when he gains the confidence to try different options.

Unfortunately, moaning minnies here and in the crowd will only hinder any improvement. The crowd were appalling yesterday, and I think we need to look at ourselves as well as the players.

You must be the only one who thought he was better than Ince yesterday. Where did I say Keith Andrews ???. LB's head has been turned by all the premier move speculation going on so better to have a player who at this moment gives a 100% to our cause

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
You must be the only one who thought he was better than Ince yesterday. Where did I say Keith Andrews ???. LB's head has been turned by all the premier move speculation going on so better to have a player who at this moment gives a 100% to our cause

You said 'we have ample replacements'. As there is only Keith Andrews, unless you know something I don't (?) as cover in that position, then this can be the only conclusion drawn. I didn't say that Bridcutt was better than Ince vs Bournemouth. I said 'if anyone thinks that Ince is a better player than LB, [comma very important here] today, [another comma] then they are seriously deluded. The importance of the commas is that they create a stress on the word 'today' giving the reader the implied notion that 'in the future this may not turn out to be the case and Ince may be better' and has no relation to the Bournemouth game. I hope this clears it up for you.

As to the 'speculation' what grounds do you have for this? As I pointed out he started the game very well, and two factors beyond his control conspired against him. Firstly the penalty gave Bournemouth the option of sitting back which creates a playing style that does not, yet, suit LB and secondly he got clattered. My thoughts are: stop spouting hot air - you don't know anything about his thoughts - and see things for what they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here