Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I know Liam and many of the other players too. What people on here fail to understand is that every single football player in every club has constant interest from other clubs some in higher leagues and some lower (depending on the quality of the player obviously). Therefore behind the scenes there is constant speculation about all players not just the better ones.

I would not betray the confidences in shouting off on here all the time. Why do people find it strange that someone on NSC actually knows some players. They are only human beings and through my previous career I have some access to them. Nothing glamorous and nothing exciting.

I'm not doubting at all that you know him and other players. What I'm saying, though, is that he would probably keep it a secret if he was moving clubs. He'd be far more likely to fob you off with a 'I'm injured' story.

For what it's worth, my gut instinct says he's going.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The telling thing for me, is, Scotland FA still haven't said he has dropped out injured. So Bridcutt will be expected to meet up with the team today. Lets see what happens.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't understand the reactions in promoting the injury as a club lie just to make a connection with him leaving.

It doesn't make any difference whether he is injured or not.

Can someone tell me what is there to gain for the club to lie about his injury, whether he is going or not?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't understand the reactions in promoting the injury as a club lie just to make a connection with him leaving.

It doesn't make any difference whether he is injured or not.

Can someone tell me what is there to gain for the club to lie about his injury, whether he is going or not?

Does seem a bit daft. Why not play him while he's ours, rather than pretending he's injured while the sale goes through? What's the point? Who does it gain for?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have thought that he could be sold to enable more players coming in under the FFP and wonder whether or not Andrews and Agustein have been brought in to complement or supplement him, obviously he is out injured at the moment but I am not 100% convinced either way and am getting impatient to find out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I have thought that he could be sold to enable more players coming in under the FFP and wonder whether or not Andrews and Agustein have been brought in to complement or supplement him, obviously he is out injured at the moment but I am not 100% convinced either way and am getting impatient to find out.

He's staying, signing Andrews was a little odd but I'm sure it wasn't to allow Bridcutt to go otherwise he'd be gone now, despite the Hernia op.

I don't fully believe all the price hikes and lack of activity is purely down to FFP. Bloom will not have a bottomless pit and quite likely has instructed that the club run at break even or as near as makes no difference. FFP is just a convenient smoke screen to disguise what I believe is fairly sensible business practice which many at this level of football (Championship specifically) have ignored

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Isn't Andrews a Hammond like for likey who can also, handily, cover the Bridcutt role when he's crocked?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone else wonder if Liam will look as good in an Oscar team as he did in Poyet's? He has never struck me as a creative player more of a destroyer, I'd hate to lose him but with the signing of Augustien and Andrews and the emergence of Ince, who shows great potential, I don't feel he'd be as big a loss as I thought in pre-season. If the right offer comes in I too think he may be on his way to provide funds.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does anyone else wonder if Liam will look as good in an Oscar team as he did in Poyet's? He has never struck me as a creative player more of a destroyer, I'd hate to lose him but with the signing of Augustien and Andrews and the emergence of Ince, who shows great potential, I don't feel he'd be as big a loss as I thought in pre-season. If the right offer comes in I too think he may be on his way to provide funds.

It's crossed my mind. As a shielding midfielder, he's very special. Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the team moving the ball quicker. He's talented so I think he'll still be good but maybe won't stand out quite as much any more.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is he injured???mmmm,,,,anyone know this for sure 100% or just what they have heard from club???,,,I think he is off,no doubt about it and the fact he is not playing is so he doesn't get injured not because he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is he injured???mmmm,,,,anyone know this for sure 100% or just what they have heard from club???,,,I think he is off,no doubt about it and the fact he is not playing is so he doesn't get injured not because he is.

So he and the club are lying about the hernia op? I somehow doubt it myself. That doesn't mean I don't think he may be off but I'm not sure being that underhand is likely.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is a very cynical view. I think that he could well have had an operation for hernia but that doesnt mean that he wont he back again during the loan window and thus go out on loan with a view to a purchase in January. I hope not as I believe that he will be as good for this team as last season and that would free up Agustein and more so Andrews to get forward more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's crossed my mind. As a shielding midfielder, he's very special. Will be interesting to see how he adapts to the team moving the ball quicker. He's talented so I think he'll still be good but maybe won't stand out quite as much any more.
Liam is now too good to be a one manager pony.
He's our best player, just beating Ulloa and Tommy K, Oscar is a very very lucky man to be taking over a team with one of the best spines. The other 8 players are all interchangable and hang off those 3.

Irrespective of our change of style the defence wouldn't have looked so shaky with LB playing.

I don't believe we would have lost to Derby with LB playing.
I can't comment on Birmingham, but they certainly wouldn't have hit the bar twice from LB's position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here