Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't think he'll go for more than £4m plus add ons, but it won't be to us. So after you've paid Gus his £2.5m you'll still have enough to find a replacement for Bruno.

He is rubbish :D

Because he was injured for the second part of the season and just when he got back he wemt off injured at leeds away as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of Murray (free agent, got offered more money) and Dobbie (unwanted here, flogging him to sit in Palace's reserves at £16k a week for the whole of next season= great deal for us), I just cannot see Bridcutt going to Palace.

I try not to be as one-eyed about the Albion as many on here, and of course the Premier League is a pull, but it is very obvious that Palace are the least attractive club in the entire PL for any prospective signing. Their facilities are awful and they are nailed on certainties for relegation, so a player's only hope is that he'll somehow manage to shine amongst all the mediocrity and make sure he's got a relegation release clause in the contract.

It seems quite possible that offers will be made for Bridcutt, in which case it follows that every single one of them that comes from a PL club (and maybe even a couple of Championship clubs) will be a more attractive option to him than Palace.

Hence I would be genuinely amazed if he went there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think he'll go for more than £4m plus add ons, but it won't be to us. So after you've paid Gus his £2.5m you'll still have enough to find a replacement for Bruno.

He is rubbish :D

Unlike your Premier League standard full backs. I do hope you give Parr a chance :lol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Regardless of Murray (free agent, got offered more money) and Dobbie (unwanted here, flogging him to sit in Palace's reserves at £16k a week for the whole of next season= great deal for us), I just cannot see Bridcutt going to Palace.

I try not to be as one-eyed about the Albion as many on here, and of course the Premier League is a pull, but it is very obvious that Palace are the least attractive club in the entire PL for any prospective signing. Their facilities are awful and they are nailed on certainties for relegation, so a player's only hope is that he'll somehow manage to shine amongst all the mediocrity and make sure he's got a relegation release clause in the contract.

It seems quite possible that offers will be made for Bridcutt, in which case it follows that every single one of them that comes from a PL club (and maybe even a couple of Championship clubs) will be a more attractive option to him than Palace.

Hence I would be genuinely amazed if he went there.

Given that he's under contract, do you feel the Board would also risk the wrath of the fans by selling Bridcutt. Given that the Poyet affair will alienate some towards the Board, I think that Paul Barber and Tony Bloom will consider their options before agreeing another deal with Palace.

Or maybe I just have rose -tinted specs and we will be motivated by FFP.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's Bridcutt to Norwich obviously. Don't know why they don't just re-brand themselves from 'The Canaries' to 'The Cherry-Pickers' and be done with it.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Given that he's under contract, do you feel the Board would also risk the wrath of the fans by selling Bridcutt. Given that the Poyet affair will alienate some towards the Board, I think that Paul Barber and Tony Bloom will consider their options before agreeing another deal with Palace.

Or maybe I just have rose -tinted specs and we will be motivated by FFP.

Sadly, contracts don't count for much these days. If someone wants to go, they will. A long contract just helps you get a higher fee.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sadly, contracts don't count for much these days. If someone wants to go, they will. A long contract just helps you get a higher fee.

Yes, I do accept that. I just hope (no disrespect), that of all the teams he's sold to, its not your lot......

I do believe he'll end up at Norwich for £4.5m, plus a player (Elliott Bennett please.....).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Oh I have no doubt he will go if he wants to. It just won't be to Palace.

The entire rumour is just mischief-making started by somebody on the BBS or wherever in the light of Murray (gutted) and Dobbie (not remotely).

Bridcutt may well go, but it will probably be to a Norwich or Fulham type of club. Maybe better if he gets lucky. But not worse.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, I do accept that. I just hope (no disrespect), that of all the teams he's sold to, its not your lot......

I do believe he'll end up at Norwich for £4.5m, plus a player (Elliott Bennett please.....).

I really really dislike Brighton being Norwichs feeder club. It just seems so low rent.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Edna ran the Brighton Marathon raised something like £2,000.
Brighton vs Palace REMF football games raise?
Fans do things to raise money for REMF and get sponsored.

If someone does something for charity then I'll donate money, make them do it. I'm not just going to part with my hard earnt cash unless theirs an incentive for me to do so.

Understand?

Excellent, I'm doing the shithurst to Amex bike ride for remf in September, will you sponsor me £500?

Pm me and I'll give you the details.

Cheers

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Me too, but like it or not they're in the premier league, we aren't......

I used to hate it when Reading did it as well in the Withdean years.

Don't remind me. Every year I look forward to Norwich getting relegated. Leaves me feeling despondent every Other May when it doesn't happen.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
P-lease! Palace could spend the next two decades in the top flight and never be considered a 'PL team' as you call them. Arsenal, Man Utd or Liverpool maybe, but Palace!
:amex:

We've never even been there but even we've got more right/status to call ourselves a 'PL team'!

and that in a nut shell is what's wrong with your club - too many of you have that opinion and why failure to get promotion or build on what Bloom has given you will hurt even more than it already has this season - deluded beyond belief

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
and that in a nut shell is what's wrong with your club - too many of you have that opinion and why failure to get promotion or build on what Bloom has given you will hurt even more than it already has this season - deluded beyond belief

As I said earlier, I don't have an issue with most away fans coming on here but you are one who adds nothing to this site and just slags us off. At least some other Palace fans try to get involved in discussion rather than just slagging off Brighton fans.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The money from selling Bridcutt at a good price (4-5m) could well fund another serious challenge for the premier league next year, if spent well. I don't care where that money comes from to be honest. In fact I quite like the thought of Palace funding our transfer fund for next year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't remind me. Every year I look forward to Norwich getting relegated

So long as they don't take up one of the slots marked with the name "Crystal Palace". Presumably the bottom one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here