Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to Palace?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well I am from Brighton originally so yes, I think I know a fair bit about your squad. I know it's only one aspect of looking at it, but Ulloa cost more than our entire squad when you beat us 3-0. Add CMS, Orlandi, KLL, Buckley, Crofts and even the likes of Hoskins and Bergkamp who have rarely featured cost far more than ours and that's not even including your array of Spanish players, Premier League loans and free transfers.

The fact we got promoted when competing with the likes of you and Leicester (who have spent silly amounts) makes it even more astounding.

Orlandi & Crofts were free transfers.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Too small, not a goal scorer, £3million is about right

what a knob!! his job is to win the ball and give it to the playmakers and attacking players, which he does better than any player in the division. he also wins almost every tackle and header he challenges for so who gives a shit how tall he is. you really are ignorant.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Christ there are a lot of silly post on this thread.

Back on topic...I have also heard that Palace are intrested for about 2Mill + add ons, and this comes from a different source than the Daily Mirror.

He is a great player but IMO to small and light weight and does not score enough goals, he would struggle in the Prem. But Ive been so wrong about players in my time!!!

Back on topic...I have also heard that Palace are intrested for about 2Mill + add ons, and this comes from a different source than the Daily Mirror.

He is a great player but IMO to small and light weight and does not score enough goals, he would struggle in the Prem. But Ive been so wrong about players in my time!!!

Stop banging on about Zaha - he's gone , get over it.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Ffs I wish some of our fans wil just admit that over the 2 games when it really mattered we lost!!!!!! And all this crap that palace are already down just shows us to look childish .We all would swap places with them .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You say that as if it means something of any significance? The playoffs are part of the season. Indeed, in a division with no prize money they are perhaps the most vital part of the season. You don't get anything in the Champtionship for a higher placed finish. You either get relegated, get promoted, or stay where you are. That's it.

It is, if you'll forgive me for saying so, a rather desperate clutching at straws to say "you're still below us in the league table" because we aren't. We're a division above you. By all means, if our relative positions after 46 games gives you some crumbs of comfort, then knock yourselves out. But it's where we both were after 49 games that I care about.

And where you are is below us in the table for this season, take a look.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ffs I wish some of our fans wil just admit that over the 2 games when it really mattered we lost!!!!!! And all this crap that palace are already down just shows us to look childish .We all would swap places with them .

Have you bothered reading the posts. I don't recall seeing anyone stating they weren't better in the play-offs.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Who gives a shit if they were below us in the regular season (Americanism?), they beat us in the play-offs and we all know that is all that matters.

Get over it and stop clutching at straws.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Who gives a shit if they were below us in the regular season (Americanism?), they beat us in the play-offs and we all know that is all that matters.

Get over it and stop clutching at straws.

I'm over it, they are in the Prem next season, we aren't.
But I am a bit of a stickler for facts, and the fact is that the league table for the Championship 2012/13 shows Brighton in 4th and Palace in 5th, they do not suddenly jump to 3rd by winning the play offs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

:lolol:

Absolutely clueless.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
In the one-off playoff games, yes you were better. Over the course of the season, four teams finished higher than you (including us), suggesting 4 teams (including us) are better than you. We beat a full strength Chelsea side this season. You turned over United. Neither of our squads are better than theirs, we just won one-off games, as often happen.

Not detracting from your promotion which was deserved from the playoff performances, but your squad DOES need a revamp to stand a chance in the prem. Your squad depth is very thin, your attack hugely dependent on two key players (both now unavailable) and your defence woefully brittle. That's not bitterness or bias, it's observation.

You didn't win for god knows how long leading into the playoffs. If it was grim and difficult against Barnsley and Derby et all, imagine playing like that against utd, city, arsenal etc. The same would be true of us if we had gone up, don't get me wrong - but don't consider our criticism as rivalry-based bitterness - it's just the obvious truth.

From one Brighton rock to another not a bad post
Most palace fan know large improvements in the squad and stadium are needed to have any chance in the premiership there was always going to be a bit of willy waggling after beating Brighton at the Amex again and win over Watford , that's football that why we love it , the money will transform palace for ever .
I'm shock over the meltdown at Brighton at the moment after a season which I feel you can be proud of 4th was a exalant Finnish things need to be sorted quick before damage is done to the new season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here