Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt To Forest

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
A big day for Bridcutt , finally getting his dream move to the mighty Wanderers. Aaaaaaaaanyway, he doesn't seem to have done much since he left Brighton which is probably why he's heading for the arse end of division one with a 50/50 chance of getting paid.

Will he be any good & is he a strong enough character to put the effort in for such a struggling team & club ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buckley's followed him. Again. (Unless it was the other way around when they both jumped ship to Sunderland – I can't remember).

Buckley has been at Bolton for 2 years or so (along with Noone, who recently moved to the A-League)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A big day for Bridcutt , finally getting his dream move to the mighty Wanderers. Aaaaaaaaanyway, he doesn't seem to have done much since he left Brighton which is probably why he's heading for the arse end of division one with a 50/50 chance of getting paid.

Will he be any good & is he a strong enough character to put the effort in for such a struggling team & club ?

Will he be any good!?

He'll be your best player by miles. His career hasn't bloomed as it should have, but the lad is a very, very good sitting midfielder. The most talented* in his defined position that the Albion have ever had, in my opinion.

* before everyone piles in, to list Stephens and McNabb and half a dozen others, there is a reason why I specifically wrote ' most talented' rather than 'best'. Players like Stephens are much better than only their raw talent - once you factor in focus / desire / work-rate / fitness and a load of other things.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looks a bit different from when he was here.

Liam.PNG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Buckley has been at Bolton for 2 years or so (along with Noone, who recently moved to the A-League)

Well BWFC on Twatter has him 'returning' to the club, so I guess he left at the end of June (end of his contract) and has now signed on again? :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will he be any good!?

He'll be your best player by miles. His career hasn't bloomed as it should have, but the lad is a very, very good sitting midfielder. The most talented* in his defined position that the Albion have ever had, in my opinion.

* before everyone piles in, to list Stephens and McNabb and half a dozen others, there is a reason why I specifically wrote ' most talented' rather than 'best'. Players like Stephens are much better than only their raw talent - once you factor in focus / desire / work-rate / fitness and a load of other things.

Yeah well they’d better hope is head is back in the right place, the dick

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Will he be any good!?

I'm not sure what you're saying.......that he's got great natural talent but not the application to translate it into performances on the pitch ?? ....in which case he won't be our "best player by miles " or even much use to us in a relegation fight.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Well BWFC on Twatter has him 'returning' to the club, so I guess he left at the end of June (end of his contract) and has now signed on again? :shrug:

While BWFC were in administration, we weren't allowed to sign players ( with a couple of odd exceptions ).Several players were lined up but as administration dragged on, most of them signed elsewhere but Buckley didn't get any other offers & has signed back on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure what you're saying.......that he's got great natural talent but not the application to translate it into performances on the pitch ?? ....in which case he won't be our "best player by miles " or even much use to us in a relegation fight.

Two consecutive player of the season awards in a talented squad. His head was turned by Poyet when he was sacked and rocked up at Sunderland and he decided his head was wrong until the club let him go. I believe he was voted Sunderland’s worst ever player (by the fans) after half a season there. Not sure he ever recovered to the form he showed at the Albion after that.

What has chocolate hamstrings Buckley’s injury record been at Bolton? Fit and on form he was unplayable on his day when at the Albion

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
While BWFC were in administration, we weren't allowed to sign players ( with a couple of odd exceptions ).Several players were lined up but as administration dragged on, most of them signed elsewhere but Buckley didn't get any other offers & has signed back on.

How’s he done for you? He was so good here at times - like top 6 prem good in my opinion. Bridcutt too. They both seem to have had really bad declines since moving to the prem (no disrespect of course).

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Two consecutive player of the season awards in a talented squad. His head was turned by Poyet when he was sacked and rocked up at Sunderland and he decided his head was wrong until the club let him go. I believe he was voted Sunderland’s worst ever player (by the fans) after half a season there. Not sure he ever recovered to the form he showed at the Albion after that.

What has chocolate hamstrings Buckley’s injury record been at Bolton? Fit and on form he was unplayable on his day when at the Albion

Bridcutt - at 30, he should be at about the peak of his career so pitching up at a desperate Bolton who are heading for a near certain relegation to division 2, shows how far he has fallen. At least he will get games so it's a ( possibly last ) chance to resurrect his career.

Buckley - his injury record at Bolton has been good but that's largely down to him avoiding any physical stuff, which in turn has made him quite unpopular. I'm in a minority who like him for the obvious but occasional signs of his ability & can put up with his lack of er physicality.

I'm losing track, but i think we've signed O'Grady now. Was he one of yours & if so, is he any good ?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
yep you have signed O'Grady

was superb for Burton when on loan there a few years back for six months - been crap rest of the time, League Two is sadly his level

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bridcutt - at 30, he should be at about the peak of his career so pitching up at a desperate Bolton who are heading for a near certain relegation to division 2, shows how far he has fallen. At least he will get games so it's a ( possibly last ) chance to resurrect his career.

Buckley - his injury record at Bolton has been good but that's largely down to him avoiding any physical stuff, which in turn has made him quite unpopular. I'm in a minority who like him for the obvious but occasional signs of his ability & can put up with his lack of er physicality.

I'm losing track, but i think we've signed O'Grady now. Was he one of yours & if so, is he any good ?
Chris O'Grady - very nice bloke. A very un-prolific striker though.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How’s he done for you? He was so good here at times - like top 6 prem good in my opinion. Bridcutt too. They both seem to have had really bad declines since moving to the prem (no disrespect of course).

...Buckley was good, but nowhere near Top 6 level for us, even at his best. I'm sure Harding has PTSD from Buckley's tormenting of him, but not even close to top 6.

I will admit however, I may be a victim of a classic Sheebo WHOOSH.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Weird to think that this lot nearly got us into the top flight. We really weren't Premier League ready.

Kuszczak; Calderón, Greer, Upson, Bridge; Bridcutt, David López, Hammond; Buckley, Orlandi, Ulloa. Subs: Brezovan, El-Abd, Crofts, Dicker, Painter, LuaLua, Barnes.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Great great memories of Buckley when fit. Excellent goal scorer. We were lucky to have him in a purple patch of fitness.
Bridcutt fully deserved his two Player of the Seasons but should have done an Oatway and followed Gus everywhere.
Shocked to see how often Albion favourites just disappear into obscurity when leaving us....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I couldn’t tell you what’s happened to Bridcutt. It is really strange though, as he was a fantastic professional here - the last you’d expect to have any attitude issues. :shrug:

Buckley was fantastic, until his hamstrings let him down one too many times, and when he lost faith in his body, he could no longer fly. Massive pity.

O’Grady won’t get a game for you, if Murphy is fit. Similar style of player but far, far superior.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Weird to think that this lot nearly got us into the top flight. We really weren't Premier League ready.

Kuszczak; Calderón, Greer, Upson, Bridge; Bridcutt, David López, Hammond; Buckley, Orlandi, Ulloa. Subs: Brezovan, El-Abd, Crofts, Dicker, Painter, LuaLua, Barnes.

Certainly not Ashley Barnes anyway, no wonder he was on the bench!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here