Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt SINGS for Leeds

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the same day he left he was replaced at the albion by Dale Stephens...

I know which player I'd rather have.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don't agree. As soon as a player effectively goes on strike 'because his head isn't right', refusing to play, he loses my respect completely.

He was always going to get his move and it was a step up for him, better standard, more money etc., but the bottom line is, he couldn't cut it in the prem and is nothing more than a good championship player.

Thanks to his actions I now also know he is an unscrupulous snake with few morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how I feel.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Northeners will tell you how good the countryside is North of Leeds but South of Sunderland in North Yorkshire and I wouldnt expect many Sunderland players to live in Sunderland as Newcastle players dont live in Newcastle. Probably Leeds players dont live in Leeds as it isnt like Brighton to live in.

Leeds player often lived in Linton near Weatherby. Lovely place, nice private golf club there and right next to Thorpe Arch their training complex.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Northeners will tell you how good the countryside is North of Leeds but South of Sunderland in North Yorkshire and I wouldnt expect many Sunderland players to live in Sunderland as Newcastle players dont live in Newcastle. Probably Leeds players dont live in Leeds as it isnt like Brighton to live in.

Why ? Leeds is a very popular city these days. Alan Bennett was most scathing about the bourgeoisesque make over of his home town. I'd have no gripe if I had to move there. Leeds is a gamma city.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can't think of many better players in a holding role as part of a midfield 5 in he Championship. Stephens & Kayal would be wasted in that position but not Bridcutt. Good luck to him but his 'strike' has left a bitter taste for many; a particularly stupid thing to do if you cared about the club and fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't think of many better players in a holding role as part of a midfield 5 in he Championship. Stephens & Kayal would be wasted in that position but not Bridcutt. Good luck to him but his 'strike' has left a bitter taste for many; a particularly stupid thing to do if you cared about the club and fans.

The majority of players don't care about clubs or fans. Players like Calde, Bobby or Rosenior are few and far between. We like to think they care, but in reality, they're just doing a job.

I worked for 50 years but there's only one job I became emotionally attached to.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Don't agree. As soon as a player effectively goes on strike 'because his head isn't right', refusing to play, he loses my respect completely.

He was always going to get his move and it was a step up for him, better standard, more money etc., but the bottom line is, he couldn't cut it in the prem and is nothing more than a good championship player.

Thanks to his actions I now also know he is an unscrupulous snake with few morals.

Yes. Thats the end for me, once a player ' downs tools ' Wednesday have got it right now with Forestieri. He is saying to the fans..." I don't want to play for you anymore " Bridcutt did the same, once his head had been turned by that paragon of virtue called Gus Poyet.
Chelsea told Bridcutt that in their opinion he would struggle to hold down a place in the PL. They said they felt he could carve out a good career at Championship level. They were right. I have no sympathy for players going on strike and Bridcutt should be ashamed of himself. Player of the year two seasons running, the fans loved him and how did he repay them. He was rightly booed when he returned to the Amex.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I cared for all the companies I worked for, I still do for the sake of my pension!

The majority of players don't care about clubs or fans. Players like Calde, Bobby or Rosenior are few and far between. We like to think they care, but in reality, they're just doing a job.

I worked for 50 years but there's only one job I became emotionally attached to.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I, for one, am proud that we have contributed significantly to a player that has ended up at the mighty CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE Leeds United.

I'd suggest we all should be.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I cared for all the companies I worked for, I still do for the sake of my pension!

Don't get me wrong, I worked hard, but if I'd been offered a lot more money to do the same job elsewhere, I would've jumped at the chance, without a backward glance. Pensions can be transferred nowadays.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Yes. Thats the end for me, once a player ' downs tools ' Wednesday have got it right now with Forestieri. He is saying to the fans..." I don't want to play for you anymore " Bridcutt did the same, once his head had been turned by that paragon of virtue called Gus Poyet.
Chelsea told Bridcutt that in their opinion he would struggle to hold down a place in the PL. They said they felt he could carve out a good career at Championship level. They were right. I have no sympathy for players going on strike and Bridcutt should be ashamed of himself. Player of the year two seasons running, the fans loved him and how did he repay them. He was rightly booed when he returned to the Amex.

Do you boo Lewis Dunk? He refused to play this time last year.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't have too much against him. I can understand his desire to leave and play in the Premier League, although he went about it totally wrong. But I don't know how you could say that he's filled his potential AND MORE. He's found his level and wasted two years of his career in exchange for a big payday is what he's done.

He played 19 games for Sunderland and only started 8 times. That's not fulfilling your potential. That's failing to make the step up.

That's 19 more games than Chelsea thought he would get.....they saw his limit as Championship.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Do you boo Lewis Dunk? He refused to play this time last year.

I never boo my own team.

Bit different for me. The match he missed was Southend as I recall, a meaningless cup match and I believe the club left him out 'as his head had been turned'. He was with the squad at Fulham but was left out.

Bridcutt effectively went on strike.

I do take your point though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never boo my own team.

Bit different for me. The match he missed was Southend as I recall, a meaningless cup match and I believe the club left him out 'as his head had been turned'. He was with the squad at Fulham but was left out.

Bridcutt effectively went on strike.

I do take your point though.

Just a small point, Bridcutt never said his head wasn't in the right place. Nathan Jones told Oscar, his head wasn't in the right place, when selecting the squad for a game.
There is a subtle difference.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Liam Bridcutt gets a lot of unfair criticism for leaving us. He was a good player who had a carrot dangled in front of him and it was human nature to take it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Liam Bridcutt gets a lot of unfair criticism for leaving us. He was a good player who had a carrot dangled in front of him and it was human nature to take it.
He gets a lot of unfair defence as well.

He decided to disrespect the club who gave him a chance, downed tools and went on strike.

Bad apple we are better off without.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He gets a lot of unfair defence as well.

He decided to disrespect the club who gave him a chance, downed tools and went on strike.

Bad apple we are better off without.

Did he actually refuse to play or are we the fans putting NJ words at LB doorstep and blaming him. Whichever, it is water under the bridge and he was and is still a capable midfielder for a Championship club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just a small point, Bridcutt never said his head wasn't in the right place. Nathan Jones told Oscar, his head wasn't in the right place, when selecting the squad for a game.
There is a subtle difference.

Thought his agent had been involved as well. Not quite as I recall it but you could be right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Of course, but there are ways of doing things, and Bridcutt tried to force a move through his actions.

Ulloa did things perfectly.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Bit of luck he'll be playing division one football next year. He'll be dwelling on where did it all go wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here