Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt SINGS for Leeds

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Sure he has a pile of cash, but a part of him must be wishing he'd played more football in the last few years and fulfilled his potential rather than take the quick buck and possibly sell himself short as a player.

That in my opinion is the right answer. I know we are all different, but I feel sorry for him if he feels happier having more in the bank, than he would being a key figure in CHs set up at the Amex. Yes, he was good for us, but spoilt it all when he announced his mental frailty. I did once miss him, but with the strength of our present squad ....not now.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
That in my opinion is the right answer. I know we are all different, but I feel sorry for him if he feels happier having more in the bank, than he would being a key figure in CHs set up at the Amex. Yes, he was good for us, but spoilt it all when he announced his mental frailty. I did once miss him, but with the strength of our present squad ....not now.

Its a relatively short career......

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

MASSIVE
club. Real CHAMPIONS of EUROPE donchano :flounce:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Northeners will tell you how good the countryside is North of Leeds but South of Sunderland in North Yorkshire and I wouldnt expect many Sunderland players to live in Sunderland as Newcastle players dont live in Newcastle. Probably Leeds players dont live in Leeds as it isnt like Brighton to live in.

Leeds players live in Collingham near Wetherby.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Seems Leeds know something about LB!

http://the72.co.uk/62698/leeds-united-fans-react-on-twitter-as-bridcutt-saga-ends/

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-15-20-43-33.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-20-43-33.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,157

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Arguable though that Bridutt would have been a key figure in CH's new revolution, or for that matter any sort of figure at all, as Hughton favours a totally diofferent system to that employed by Gus. Either way, I'm not sure that the Bridcutt we see today at Leeds, is the same player that we saw at the Albion a few years ago.

All speculation of course as we'll never know the answer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Yorkshire post is reporting he was on £26k a week at Sunderland, before they agreed a settlement.

They are wrong according to another site. Both Buckley and Bridcutt were on £16K basic, and no appearance bonuses after Poyet left.

I expect that was more than Forestieri was getting at Wednesday?

I don't like the idea of facing Buckley! On the rare occasions he puts the afterburners on he is almost impossible to stop.

Oliver Burke looks even more dangerous, not as fast as Buckley but he left Dunk (not a slouch) for dead and is big and strong and hard to dislodge of the ball and he is only 19. Who is going to sign him up?

Last edited:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
They are wrong according to another site. Both Buckley and Bridcutt were on £16K basic, and no appearance bonuses after Poyet left.

I expect that was more than Forestieri was getting at Wednesday?

No chance he was signed on £16k per week, given the timing would expect it to be double that at least

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No chance he was signed on £16k per week, given the timing would expect it to be double that at least

Bonuses were huge and they could have earned £23K a week with regular starts but they didn't. Fletcher was on a big whack at Sunderland, something like £45K a week, but his contract had run out.

It is still very expensive on the wages front buying PL players which is why we don't!

Boro (last year) and Wednesday are going a bit on the limb. They are gambling on going up. Norwich (with Pritchard) can afford it.

Burnley are reluctant to pay the required £25K a week. As they are expected to go down (with 40% relegation clauses) even a £25K basic is not enough? They can't buy players from England at peak ages 27 yo + & will have to buy from abroad or lower divisions like us.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Clearly Bridcutt has fulfilled his potential and more , he has played in the premier league and has earnt a lot more money in doing that. Most players would be happy with that. I wish people would stop slagging him off and just remember the 2 excellent years he gave us.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Has he? If he'd stayed with us, he'd be in the Championship. He's played in the Premier League and earned a fortune. I wouldn't call that going backwards. Maybe, sideways.

Depends if you are happy to dick your career up for the sake of a short term fix of cash. I would personally prefer to develop my career to the top without being a cock chasing the easy dollar.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Leeds yuck

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think being voted the worst Sunderland player ever is an accolade he may never shake off

Redundant Gigolo

Jan 19, 2016
Perhaps deep down he knew he may not be a premier league standard player. Perhaps he felt that he would only ever get one shot to have a go. And earn a ludicrous amount of money. And set himself for life.

Not sure he's really screwed it up that badly to be honest.

And now he's back at his level and probably on a really decent whack. With a few million in the bank.

Yeah. What a dick

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Clearly Bridcutt has fulfilled his potential and more , he has played in the premier league and has earnt a lot more money in doing that. Most players would be happy with that. I wish people would stop slagging him off and just remember the 2 excellent years he gave us.

I don't have too much against him. I can understand his desire to leave and play in the Premier League, although he went about it totally wrong. But I don't know how you could say that he's filled his potential AND MORE. He's found his level and wasted two years of his career in exchange for a big payday is what he's done.

He played 19 games for Sunderland and only started 8 times. That's not fulfilling your potential. That's failing to make the step up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don't agree. As soon as a player effectively goes on strike 'because his head isn't right', refusing to play, he loses my respect completely.

He was always going to get his move and it was a step up for him, better standard, more money etc., but the bottom line is, he couldn't cut it in the prem and is nothing more than a good championship player.

Thanks to his actions I now also know he is an unscrupulous snake with few morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't have too much against him. I can understand his desire to leave and play in the Premier League, although he went about it totally wrong. But I don't know how you could say that he's filled his potential AND MORE. He's found his level and wasted two years of his career in exchange for a big payday is what he's done.

He played 19 games for Sunderland and only started 8 times. That's not fulfilling your potential. That's failing to make the step up.

He started 19 times and made 11 appearances as sub in the Prem. 6 other apps in the cup. A decent stab. Effectively he stopped after change of manager when Gus left. Not unusual.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liam-bridcutt/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/40612/verein/289

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps deep down he knew he may not be a premier league standard player. Perhaps he felt that he would only ever get one shot to have a go. And earn a ludicrous amount of money. And set himself for life.

Not sure he's really screwed it up that badly to be honest.

And now he's back at his level and probably on a really decent whack. With a few million in the bank.

Yeah. What a dick

You said it for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here