Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt pictures taken down from Albion Shop

Hmmm, I find it weird that they would be that desperate to quickly take down a very popular player who (if he does leave) would go with everyone's best wishes and would command our largest ever transfer fee received, but are happy to leave up a player who officially doesn't even play for us and has been talking to other clubs (El-Abd).

Think we may be reading too much into it - unless the news is that Bridcutt leaves and El Abd signs!

He's been brilliant, but times move on...remember Mr Bennett, similar elk. I agree with all you've written tbh. Although not sure about AEA, I think The OG may have a plan!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Maybe Oscar isn't looking to play 5 in the middle with a holding midfielder???..I have always said Bridcutt was a superstar in Poyet's formation, 9 times out of 10 the stand out player on the park. But I don't believe he would be as effective in a four man midfield, as he doesn't move the ball fast enough.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Bruno looks like a sex panther........grrrrrrrr

010.jpg

That shirt is the pits--should have been blue where it is white & white lettering centred up-----ho-de-hum:wozza:

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I wish they had put the EXPRESS central to under AMERICAN

Hear hear!!
Both kits are googling awful!! Yellow kits are minging and if this is topped off by Bridders leaving, I'll be mildly annoyed. C'mon Oscar, don't believe them if they have told you that you can't sign anyone until there is an hour left of the transfer window or you have to wait for the loan window to open!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully this Bridcutt speculation is unfounded.

However I'm sure there will be enquiries about him and it would be too easy to just cash in on him. But replacing him with a similar quality player will surely cost just as much, unless we can get really silly money for him or maybe OG has a cheaper but s**t hot replacement lined up who isn't currently on our radar.

I suppose it is possible that Liam's agent is putting his name about especially during the recent managerial uncertainties, but I hope he hasn't had his head turned.

Personally I hope OG is focused on quality replacements for our known vacancies rather than create extra ones. I fear that OG won't have seen Bridders training at full fitness yet so won't appreciate what an asset he is. It would be disappointing if OG makes a decision without seeing more of him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hopefully this Bridcutt speculation is unfounded.

However I'm sure there will be enquiries about him and it would be too easy to just cash in on him. But replacing him with a similar quality player will surely cost just as much, unless we can get really silly money for him or maybe OG has a cheaper but s**t hot replacement lined up who isn't currently on our radar.

I suppose it is possible that Liam's agent is putting his name about especially during the recent managerial uncertainties, but I hope he hasn't had his head turned.

Personally I hope OG is focused on quality replacements for our known vacancies rather than create extra ones. I fear that OG won't have seen Bridders training at full fitness yet so won't appreciate what an asset he is. It would be disappointing if OG makes a decision without seeing more of him.

I would be amazed if Oscar hasn't watched the tapes of at least 20 of last year's games.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Maybe we are not going to play with a holding midfielder next season? Anyone know what Bridders is like as a bog standard midfielder?

I'm also looking forward to seeing Crofts used properly under OG.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe Oscar isn't looking to play 5 in the middle with a holding midfielder???..I have always said Bridcutt was a superstar in Poyet's formation, 9 times out of 10 the stand out player on the park. But I don't believe he would be as effective in a four man midfield, as he doesn't move the ball fast enough.

Lucky that he will play 4-3-3 (as is the Barca way, where he learnt his stuff) and a defensive midfielder is essential in that set up

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
In the original photos with the sample kit, they forgot to iron the kit so it was all creased.

They planned to get new photos once the kit arrived. Perhaps Bridcutt was unavailable for the new photos?

That doesn't mean he definitely saying but I'm pretty sure the photos haven't been removed because he's leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here