Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt in Scotland Squad

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just me that thinks this will DECREASE Liam's value? Who wants a Scottish international over someone who could potentially be good enough to play for England one day?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bridcutt is about as Scottish as a Chicken Madras. Should suit their no scoring tactics though....I personally think Bridcutt is the best DM in the championship and one of the best holding midfielders we have ever had. However I do think his sideways, backwards and general lack of urgency one of the main reasons, we are so negative. We should play 4-1-4-1 to get the best out of our flair players and not detract from Bridcutts natural defencive game.

By having 2 DMs our FBs really bomb on. If ONLY Bridcutt was held back in the centre BOTH FBs would be held back instead.

We essentially play 2-4-3-1 and it's all about counting all 4 of those 'transition players' as attackers with the ball (so we attack with 8 not the usual 6 in a 4-4-2) and defend with 6 not the usual 4 OR 4 plus 1 DM

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
By having 2 DMs our FBs really bomb on. If ONLY Bridcutt was held back in the centre BOTH FBs would be held back instead.

We essentially play 2-4-3-1 and it's all about counting all 4 of those 'transition players' as attackers with the ball (so we attack with 8 not the usual 6 in a 4-4-2) and defend with 6 not the usual 4 OR 4 plus 1 DM

What a complete load of shite...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I'm off for a lie down, iv'e not a clue what you are on about....... :)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
What a complete load of shite...

not saying ALL the time but as a general rule...... from seeing the other post too it looks like I can't explain what I mean after a 14 hour shift but anyway Gus has mentioned it in interviews

Look at Brazilian teams and how their FBs are different to virtually every European club. They are the core players in a team where-as in Europe they are usually 'the shit players who don't effect the game at all'.

We play that South American kind of style with 2 DMs. It doesn't work with only 1. Having a man alongside Bridcutt is what lets us get the more offense out of our FBs than any other British club probably.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
not saying ALL the time but as a general rule...... from seeing the other post too it looks like I can't explain what I mean after a 14 hour shift but anyway Gus has mentioned it in interviews

Look at Brazilian teams and how their FBs are different to virtually every European club. They are the core players in a team where-as in Europe they are usually 'the shit players who don't effect the game at all'.

We play that South American kind of style with 2 DMs. It doesn't work with only 1. Having a man alongside Bridcutt is what lets us get the more offense out of our FBs than any other British club probably.

It's still all a complete load of shite...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Just me that thinks this will DECREASE Liam's value? Who wants a Scottish international over someone who could potentially be good enough to play for England one day?

So by that theory you'd rather have Downing than Bale ?

I know Bale is welsh but they are as equally shit as the Scottish.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Attack with 8 pmsl...Well done you just made a grumpy old git chuckle....Attack with 8!!!!!!!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's still all a complete load of shite...

The attacking with 8 claim's highly questionable but the role of the holding midfielders in covering the full backs is vital. Bridcutt frequently slots in when Bridge or Bruno's attacking. I guess the other deep midfielder is needed to prevent a gaping hole in the middle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Er, what? :scratches head a few times:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here