Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt in Scotland Squad

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Great for him, It'll be good for him to mix with those Scottish internationals, that one who plays at the back who plays for that team..the name just escapes me and the one up front he's good isn't he?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Not a good move as i would have expected him to get an England calling in the next year or so. How did he qualify for Scotland?

his cousins friends dogs owners next door neighbour has a friend who once went on holiday to the highlands. He qualifies through once meeting him in mcdonalds whilst buying a sausage and egg mcmuffin

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bridcutt is about as Scottish as a Chicken Madras. Should suit their no scoring tactics though....I personally think Bridcutt is the best DM in the championship and one of the best holding midfielders we have ever had. However I do think his sideways, backwards and general lack of urgency one of the main reasons, we are so negative. We should play 4-1-4-1 to get the best out of our flair players and not detract from Bridcutts natural defencive game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which relative owns a kilt then?

Why is this good news?
He is no more Scottish than maggie .

Ah Liam McBridcutt from the clan McBridcutt!! Better learn the words to Flower of Scotland Bridders!!

How did he qualify for Scotland?

his cousins friends dogs owners next door neighbour has a friend who once went on holiday to the highlands. He qualifies through once meeting him in mcdonalds whilst buying a sausage and egg mcmuffin

Bridcutt is about as Scottish as a Chicken Madras. .

His Grandfather is Scottish. From Edinburgh

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
I can confirm I just saw Strachan talking about this on SSN.

Heard part of an interview with Strachan and out of the new players in the squad he was the main topic of the interview, great player for the Albion and probably the best in the league in that position

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Here's a possible small claim to fame for you ....

My boy does a day release type thing from his school, and works one day a week at a local employer.
Craig Strachan (one of Gordon's sons) works at the same place.

Football is an obvious topic of conversation most of the time.
A few weeks ago Craig asked my boy who his Dad supported.
"Brighton" ... says my boy.
"Don't know much about Brighton" says Craig, "Got any good players?"

"Liam Bridcutt is absolute quality every time I see him play" says my boy.........

7 or 8 weeks later .... Craig's father announces that Bridcutt is in the Squad!
Did Craig mention him to his dad?
Did my boy have a hand in Liam's selection?
Who knows ...... but my boy is convinced it is all down to him!!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i like these from that forum....

[bridcutt] sounds suspiciously english

More suspiciously they have Craig Mackail-Smith as English, despite having six caps for Scotland.

Has this Birdcup, Breadknife or whatever his name is actually stated he wants to play for Scotland? Has he explained the family link etc,.? If not then what are his motives for accepting a Scotland call up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here