Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brianna Ghey murder.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not just the Tories, but the whole house is a bunch of clowns. Keep this absurd trans debate out of politics, for f*** sake.

"Later, Mr Sunak ignored a call from Labour MP Liz Twist to "apologise to Brianna Ghey's mother""

Brianna Ghey's mother has a lot more to be concerned about rather than your pathetic political point scoring. Why involve her?? Absolute wankers the lot of them.

Politics is broken. The trans debate is bizarre and largely irrelevant. A teenager has been murdered - it has nothing to do with politics and their gender is irrelevant to all of it.

Definitely not voting Labour. Definitely not voting Tories. Wankers the lot of them.
How can you keep the trans debate out of politics when it’s politics and politicians that decides what can and can’t happen for trans people.

whether you like it or not, politics affects everything - education, health, transport, food prices, housing, energy prices, andso on and so on.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm sure that Blair Ii will be on a similar gravy train to the warmonger himself after his election and subsequent 'retirement'.
I don’t see that Blair is that relevant to today‘s politics. Starmer isn’t Blair, just as Sunak isn’t Thatcher, just as Davey isn’t Paddy Ashdown.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
How can you keep the trans debate out of politics when it’s politics and politicians that decides what can and can’t happen for trans people.

whether you like it or not, politics affects everything - education, health, transport, food prices, housing, energy prices, andso on and so on.

Like you say, everything is politics, and politics affects everything.

But the trans issue is incredibly divisive and that's exactly why so much time is being wasted with it in parliament. It's just vile point scoring from both sides, more than any intention to achieve anything.

Parliament should be spending more time discussing important issues that affect everyone - like your really good examples of "education, health, transport, food prices, housing, energy prices and so on" - rather than this incredibly divisive issue that doesn't affect many people at all.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This.

They're all the same

This.

They're all the same
I find this attitude bizarre, particularly when discussing an example where Starmer’s clearly quite genuine anger does him credit imho. He’s no inspirational leader, but I think he’s a decent bloke, and that puts him miles ahead of the ****s we’ve had as PM for the last 14 years.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
probably fair guess that many "red wall" voters are socially conservative, and not comfortable with some changes to society and culture that appear somewhat abruptly.
I think it's also fair say to that on a day to day basis most of those voters are completely unaffected by supposed changes, until the Government in power tells them they are.

That's the game the Government are playing. Tactically (and I'm talking tactics) it's a vote winner but also a vote loser too. All it's doing is cementing a smaller percentage of the vote.

When the deputy chairman says the next election will be fought on "trans issues" they've lost the plot. It's a really really odd subject for a socially conservative party to pick, aligning themselves with certain elements of radical feminism.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don’t agree with all the current arguments that surround gender by any means. What i do think is that no-one should be ridiculed or face discrimination for who they happen to be. In my view, it’s not about that in this instance. It’s about basic human decency. Making a crass political point as a joke in the most public forum possible would be opportunistic at best and reprehensible. In the presence of the bereaved mother of a bullied and murdered child, disgusting. I will give Sunak the benefit of the doubt and suggest it wasn’t meant in any malicious way, but it shows he has neither the intelligence, empathy or even political agility to lead the country.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not just the Tories, but the whole house is a bunch of clowns. Keep this absurd trans debate out of politics, for f*** sake.

"Later, Mr Sunak ignored a call from Labour MP Liz Twist to "apologise to Brianna Ghey's mother""

Brianna Ghey's mother has a lot more to be concerned about rather than your pathetic political point scoring. Why involve her?? Absolute wankers the lot of them.

Politics is broken. The trans debate is bizarre and largely irrelevant. A teenager has been murdered - it has nothing to do with politics and their gender is irrelevant to all of it.

Definitely not voting Labour. Definitely not voting Tories. Wankers the lot of them.
I do understand where you’re coming from. The problem in this country with first past the post is that voting for most other parties will have next to no impact. Perhaps that’s what some politicians are banking on. Please don’t waste your vote.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There was zero evidence this issue is going to win anyone an election. It's simply been invented as a tactic by young narcissistic advisers who spend far too much time on social media. Lee Anderson somewhat "admitted" as such in an interview.

The tragic events in Warrington cut through to people of all political and social persuasion. Sunak and his script writers arsed up big time today.

He made him look an idiot and it made him look nasty, something I personally wouldn't have accused him of.

If anything has come good of it, hopefully it's now dropped from the pantomime of PMQ.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don’t agree with all the current arguments that surround gender by any means. What i do think is that no-one should be ridiculed or face discrimination for who they happen to be. In my view, it’s not about that in this instance. It’s about basic human decency. Making a crass political point as a joke in the most public forum possible would be opportunistic at best and reprehensible. In the presence of the bereaved mother of a bullied and murdered child, disgusting. I will give Sunak the benefit of the doubt and suggest it wasn’t meant in any malicious way, but it shows he has neither the intelligence, empathy or even political agility to lead the country.
Exactly this - total lack of judgement, just to follow up to his demeaning of the office of Prime Minister with the Piers Morgan bet thing.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Very much this...except that I do not give the benefit of the doubt to Sunak. We know he is a nasty piece of work and the fact that he was doing that stupid smirk when he made that comment during Parliament's weekly "You smell", "Well you smell more" exchange with Starmer yesterday just ramped it up a level for me.

I just want to bang the pair of pillocks heads together and yell "FFS GROW UP!" at them. Childish, pathetic playground bickering has to stop. We need proper radical solutions to the numerous problems our country faces not a couple of spoiled brats sticking their tongues out at each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here