Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brianna Ghey murder.

It seems to me that being a dishonest bigot might be worse than being honest about it. Tough moral high ground.
The issue is we have both the only two realistic parties of government turning into each other policy-wise because they are both targeting a small sliver of extremely rightwing voters who they think decides general elections.

The rest of us are just f***ed in wanting any kind of alternative to how the country is run currently as all that is left for us to do is useless protest votes for small parties that get annihilated under the first past the post system. It's a joke democracy, however you vote at the next General Election, the same set of policies running the country presently will win whatever happens and there is nothing the British people can do about it if the elites have stitched up both main parties

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
The issue is we have both the only two realistic parties of government turning into each other policy-wise because they are both targeting a small sliver of extremely rightwing voters who they think decides general elections.

The rest of us are just f***ed in wanting any kind of alternative to how the country is run currently as all that is left for us to do is useless protest votes for small parties that get annihilated under the first past the post system. It's a joke democracy, however you vote at the next General Election, the same set of policies running the country presently will win whatever happens and there is nothing the British people can do about it if the elites have stitched up both main parties
spot on, very happy i am in brighton pavilion where a vote for a third party can actually have an impact, don’t even particularly like the greens but certainly can’t vote for labour or conservative. two sides of the same coin

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not wanting to keep going on about it but I'm absolutely horrified by this.
It's shameful.
Yes he relies on scripts, but to not have the intelligence, the empathy or even the bloody awareness to drop that line is probably the clearest example yet that the guy is a total psychopath.
Someone's child was murdered. A young human being. That mother Is dealing with the unimaginable horrors of that, spread all over the papers and TV. And she's been an incredible voice.
Trans people are so vulnerable.
The guy is a total disgrace. How we've got to this point is so depressing.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Both parties don't support civil rights for trans people, in Labour's case because they are chasing Sunak's bigoted voters. That's a much bigger story then the Westminster Punch and Judy show involving two elitist nobs

The thing I don't understand is this, what civil rights do the transgender, transsexuals and transvestites not have that the rest of society does?

Everyone has the right not to be killed, and I'm glad to see the two kids who committed this, frankly, sickening crime are going to prison for it.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The thing I don't understand is this, what civil rights do transsexuals and transvestites not have that the rest of society does?

Everyone has the right not to be killed, and I'm glad to see the two kids who committed this, frankly, sickening crime are going to prison for it.
I think it's the right not to be ridiculed and singled out as a threat to society. And also be demonised in the press as a subverting evil sub-culture.

There are those in parliament who love stoking the flames. The prime minister seems to be on the act.

You can't do that to gay folk anymore, so there needs to be a new bogeyman to get folk onside with. Some people have no sense of purpose if there is no-one to hate.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
It's shameful.
Yes he relies on scripts, but to not have the intelligence, the empathy or even the bloody awareness to drop that line is probably the clearest example yet that the guy is a total psychopath.
Someone's child was murdered. A young human being. That mother Is dealing with the unimaginable horrors of that, spread all over the papers and TV. And she's been an incredible voice.
agree with all of the above, but i think there’s something to be said about that fact that trans people are the butt of these jokes from our elected officials in the first place. shouldn’t matter that Brianna’s mother was there. it isn’t acceptable to pontificate on and belittle the existence of an entire group of people. comes down to politicians (on both sides of the commons) being out of touch more than anything else. all very well participating in a culture war for a bit of political capital, but these are people’s lives, and their rhetoric has real consequences

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's shameful.
Reminiscent of that other Tory pillock, James Cleverly, a few weeks ago making a joke about date rape mere hours after the Home Office announced plans to try and combat spiking of drinks.

It's a mindset. It has to be. Quite why they think that making jokes like these is OK is just beyond me.

Children have more sense than these clowns.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think it's the right not to be ridiculed and singled out as a threat to society. And also be demonised in the press as a subverting evil sub-culture.

There are those in parliament who love stoking the flames. The prime minister seems to be on the act.

You can't do that to gay folk anymore, so there needs to be a new bogeyman to get folk onside with. Some people have no sense of purpose if there is no-one to hate.
Yes, this ^

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
It's a mindset. It has to be. Quite why they think that making jokes like these is OK is just beyond me.

Children have more sense than these clowns.

call it a sweeping generalisation if you like, but if you attended one of the private schools that produce this class of people, like i did briefly, it is absolutely no surprise that they subsequently behave like this as adults

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Only last week Labour announced they were in favour of segregating trans patients away from other patients in hospitals, a completely unworkable policy that would cost a fortune given available resources. They are just quieter "respectable" bigots. The only difference between them and the Tories is that they think it's a bit rude to announce their transphobia within 50 yards of Brianna's mother

Yep, those bloody awful transphobes wanting to protect single sex spaces for vulnerable women. :facepalm:

The hospital one is particularly disturbing seeing as the hospital denied that it had happened and called the rape victim a transphobe. That's despite there being CCTV evidence.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm so tired of these people being in charge of our country and their sympathisers being in charge of a good chunk of the press. What have we become? Why is it somehow now a "thing" to have lost so much empathy that politicians and journalists have to demonise a minority group of people who are already going through, or have gone through, one of the toughest situations a person will ever have to go through? Why are sneery morons like Piers Morgan trying to catch out people by asking them to define a woman? The way Brianna Ghey's mother has conducted herself at the worst possible time is an example to everyone. Of course there are issues to address in the transgender debate - nothing is ever black and white - but the sooner the electorate vote out these fatuous politicians who seek only to divide people for their own political gain the better.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The thing I don't understand is this, what civil rights do transsexuals and transvestites not have that the rest of society does?
If you want to understand more, have a read:

And also this from wiki:

• Transvestite should not be confused with transgender (see that term for more); transvestites are often happy with their gender and have no desire to change their sex, but simply enjoy being able to cross-dress from time to time. When speaking of to or about an individual who identifies as transgender, the term transvestite is typically seen as derogatory.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Yep, those bloody awful transphobes wanting to protect single sex spaces for vulnerable women. :facepalm:

The hospital one is particularly disturbing seeing as the hospital denied that it had happened and called the rape victim a transphobe. That's despite there being CCTV evidence.
you’ve posted three awful incidents above. obviously the perpetrators in these cases are vile individuals who need to be jailed.

if we are going to legislate on restricting bathroom access for trans people, however, the statistical evidence needs to show that trans people pose an inherent risk by being allowed to use the bathroom of their gender identity, for example. the evidence does not show this, in fact it shows the opposite.

even in any data which potentially demonstrates a higher than average offending rate from male-to-female transgender people, the question has to be asked about where female-to-male transgender people fit into the equation, if we are then going to legislate on this. or are they just collateral?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I don't quite agree with that, certainly we should always allow the ridiculous to be ridiculed.

In this case I'm not sure that the transgender, transvestites and transsexuals are being singled out as a threat to society, rather that some nebulous trans ideology, that seems to be coming from a particularly shouty minority of what are already minorities, is.

I absolutely agree that the press shouldn't be demonising sub-cultures without reason though.

Absolutely agree. Getting people unnecessarily angry about things in order to garner votes is an incredibly cynical, and potentially dangerous, strategy to take.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here