Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If there is one good thing to take from this, it is that despite being a Championship club, we are still "competing" with Premier league clubs.

If we are doing that now, imagine how impressive we will seem to these kind of players if we ever DO get promoted. And our time will come.

Still, three clubs now in for him - our chances are probably only 30% or less I'd guess.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
How?!??! Bids are same as ours.

His agent is touting him to earn more dollar not the club. Cork city need as much dollar as possible, recently went bust, but this I'd NOT what they are doing.

Work with two cork city fanatics.

Cork City have fanatics - who knew?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our player identification really is excellent. Forget the mercenary ***** at Burnley: it's Hull I'm more concerned about. Only two bids accepted thus far and he's coming here first, so pole position for Uncle Tone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He just needs to see the Brighton women. So many beauties strutting around the city this time of year, his Irish heart will melt!

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
He just needs to see the Brighton women. So many beauties strutting around the city this time of year, his Irish heart will melt!

article_bb63eb08d2f9f712_1346520287_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

It's Kellie and her friend. Feisty bunch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If he is in the sunshine in Brighton today, goes to the training ground this morning, has a nice lunch on the seafront, goes to the match this afternoon, spends the evening in town and then chooses Burnley, he is obviously a moron and would therefor be unable to understand Sami's instructions.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I cannot believe that any player, ever, has signed for Brighton ahead of another club on the grounds that this is a nicer place. Footballers choose moves based on money, league status and how often they're likely to play in the first team. Not saying we don't have a chance, but the architecture/demographics/seaside views don't do it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I cannot believe that any player, ever, has signed for Brighton ahead of another club on the grounds that this is a nicer place. Footballers choose moves based on money, league status and how often they're likely to play in the first team. Not saying we don't have a chance, but the architecture/demographics/seaside views don't do it.

You've obviously not seen what the Burnley fan said about Ward then. Apparently, players sign for a club based on their history and status within the game!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not going to get too worked up about this. If he signs, that would be great but if we lose out to a Premier League team, then that's hardly an insult to us. He may develop quicker here but he will almost certainly be offered more money at Hull. Completely his decision.

As said elsewhere on this thread, it's encouraging that players we're after are wanted by other clubs in a way as it shows we're targeting the right ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here