[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They knew what they were voting for! He's a former Tory candidate.

ONE of Scotland’s staunchest Brexiteers has blasted Boris Johnson’s post-Brexit immigration plans, warning they will be “catastrophic” for fishing industry.

Speaking on Radio 4’s Today programme, Jimmy Buchan, the CEO of the Scottish Seafood Association, warned that any “sea of opportunity” coming from Brexit would be lost if processing firms were forbidden from hiring workers from overseas

https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...igration-plans-catastrophic-fishing-industry/

Much the same view as the farmers, who were of course pro brexit.

O well.

04c811e2a5085aa6df2b179148252b52.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Speaking on Radio 4’s Today programme, Jimmy Buchan, the CEO of the Scottish Seafood Association, warned that any “sea of opportunity” coming from Brexit would be lost if processing firms were forbidden from hiring workers from overseas

It's amazing isn't it how there's all this supposed opportunity there to grab but it keeps miraculously vanishing every time something happens.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That dopey cow on QT finished me off - asking why the EU have stopped dredging our rivers, implying that it's their fault we've flooded :ffsparr:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That dopey cow on QT finished me off - asking why the EU have stopped dredging our rivers, implying that it's their fault we've flooded :ffsparr:

She was a plant the same as the one in pink next to her. I didn't watch the programme but the clips are all over social media.
Rivers in France are dredged and the Dutch know exactly how to deal with flooding. In fact, in 2014, the Dutch helped out on the Somerset Levels.

The problem is that people watch QT and then repeat the lie the next day.

[tweet]1230827992559079424[/tweet]

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Lets take another look at this Immigration bill, from another view - and taking purely the hospitality industry in the example.

If, and this is a massive if, we do have sufficient people in the UK to fill the employment demands after January 1st 2021, it most certainly won't be on the current wages. The industry, will, therefore, need to either reduce margins and/or increase prices.

Given the hugely competitive and over concentrated marketplace that exists across that industry in the UK we will see a large number of places disappear. We've already seen large numbers of restaurant/coffee shops/pub closures for some of the larger industry names, and this will not get any better. The places that will suffer first as a consequence will be smaller, more isolated communities (ironically those who voted Leave).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
She was a plant the same as the one in pink next to her. I didn't watch the programme but the clips are all over social media.
Rivers in France are dredged and the Dutch know exactly how to deal with flooding. In fact, in 2014, the Dutch helped out on the Somerset Levels.

If they're a plant, why do they make them so transparent and dim? Or is this the mentality we have to put up with now: We've left the EU, but it's still their fault?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If they're a plant, why do they make them so transparent and dim? Or is this the mentality we have to put up with now: We've left the EU, but it's still their fault?

Everything from now on will be the EU's fault. Brexiteers don't have thick enough skins to accept any responsibility

Magwitch Gull

Nov 19, 2011
Farmers, poor souls!!!

Much the same view as the farmers, who were of course pro brexit.

O well.

The Farmers are going to have to invest in mechanization instead of taking advantage of cheap foreign labour, there isn't much that can't be picked by machine. They've had a good run in their Range Rovers, time looked to the future!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Comedy gold as ever on this thread. After nearly four years telling us we always had control of EU immigration and voting Brexit wouldn't result in any real reduction anyway .. the gloomerati NOW complain about the new immigration system, which we couldn't introduce while in the EU, reducing immigration to such a level that we will have a shortage of workers. [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Comedy gold as ever on this thread. After nearly four years telling us we always had control of EU immigration and voting Brexit wouldn't result in any real reduction anyway .. the gloomerati NOW complain about the new immigration system, which we couldn't introduce while in the EU, reducing immigration to such a level that we will have a shortage of workers. [emoji38]

May some of them can cover the shortfall rather then spreading their gloom on here

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I see NSC's ardent Unionist is in for his daily post.

I was wondering what do you make of Sinn Féin's success in the Irish Elections following Johnson's announcement of the new customs procedures in the Irish Sea ? And all as a result of you finally getting the 'good deal' you wanted all along with the Irish Sea Border.

I think the name change from 'Conservative and Unionist Party' may be the least of you and your Unionist friends concerns now :shootself

:wave:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The woman is clearly stupid but why does that make her a plant ? Planted by whom ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Excellent. Can you give us an estimate - plus/minus one will be OK - of the actual number of posters who have been telling you that we always 'had control' of EU immigration?

If at the same time you could finally deal with Watford's repeated requests for you to say what you think of Johnson's new customs controls between different parts of the Union it would lovely.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I think this is the point; whether the duo were told to make a stupid comment or really are that daft, we've had quite enough of lies being spread and swallowed by the gullible.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Excellent. Can you give us an estimate - plus/minus one will be OK - of the actual number of posters who have been telling you that we always 'had control' of EU immigration?

If at the same time you could finally deal with Watford's repeated requests for you to say what you think of Johnson's new customs controls between different parts of the Union it would lovely.

He could be referring to me quoting Article 7 which requires EU migrants to get a job within three months of arrival, and having health insurance.
The problem is that the UK never implemented this because they didn’t do exit checks.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And again, in English :shrug:

PS. Managed to figure out whether 1.4% of $2.824 trillion is bigger than 1.2% of $18.292 trillion yet ?

Yes but you had to add them altogether I was talking singular not a great figure when you consider its 27 countries all added together. Hows the EU budget talks going not good by all accounts and poor old Varadkar out on his arse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports