Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If (and it seems likely) we're looking at a GE pretty soon it will be interesting to see how many more MPs jump ship for the IG.

If Corbyn goes all in on a second referendum and the Tories elect some nutjob like Raab or Boris then it might be more conservative MPs who bail out for the centre ground.

Interesting anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sorry for the cheap shot [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] as like others have said you have carried yourself well through this thread.

But as you voted leave and they voted leave, is this the leave you voted for?:-

[tweet]1111675427859451904[/tweet]

[tweet]1111681328469237762[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
In favour of what?

Please please don't get me wrong.
I blame the Tories I blame Cameron, Eton, power, that Tory banker Farridge, Johnson even before I get onto Gove and Mogg.
As said I (and I hope we) can all rant about Tory incompetence for hours without even mentioning May.

A bunch of privileged spoiled rich kids.

But just like all their parents, at no point has the Labour Party said to them 'No'.

Apart from a few MPs Labour have offered nothing, they have no policy as the one they apparently do have they ignore.

JC has put no pressure on May, if she’s outed it will have nothing to do with him.

I don’t even think he wants an election as it will be the end of him as well.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm sorry for the cheap shot [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] as like others have said you have carried yourself well through this thread.

But as you voted leave and they voted leave, is this the leave you voted for?:-

[tweet]1111675427859451904[/tweet]

[tweet]1111681328469237762[/tweet]
Yaxley-Lemon and Farage. What a dream team of absolute *****.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If (and it seems likely) we're looking at a GE pretty soon it will be interesting to see how many more MPs jump ship for the IG.

If Corbyn goes all in on a second referendum and the Tories elect some nutjob like Raab or Boris then it might be more conservative MPs who bail out for the centre ground.

Interesting anyway.

Several political journalists predict that other Labour MP’s in marginals will join the Independent group when a GE is imminent. I assume this would include those getting deselected as their views are too moderate for Momentum. With Corbyn now getting 20% approval ratings of doing a good job, hopefully all the Independents will have an electoral chance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can someone explain to me at what point the Far Right became concerned with the EU ?

It's still completely incongruous to me. Up to a few years ago, I associated leaving Europe with people like Sir Jimmy Goldsmith and Tony Benn.

Now Tommy Robinson is one of their cheerleaders.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can someone explain to me at what point the Far Right became concerned with the EU ?

It's still completely incongruous to me. Up to a few years ago, I associated leaving Europe with people like Sir Jimmy Goldsmith and Tony Benn.

Now Tommy Robinson is one of their cheerleaders.

Similarly, why would a Far Right person in say Banbury or Bradford hate Jews? What’s it all about, they may never have met a Jewish person or been crossed by one? I can only think it’s because they’re thick as shit copycats, who idolise the KKK and Hitler.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Channel 4 news has just inferred that there are increasingly violent protests outside no.10 Downing Street after todays vote.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Several political journalists predict that other Labour MP’s in marginals will join the Independent group when a GE is imminent. I assume this would include those getting deselected as their views are too moderate for Momentum. With Corbyn now getting 20% approval ratings of doing a good job, hopefully all the Independents will have an electoral chance.
Hung parliament with about 20 IG MPs holding the balance. They agree to prop up a JC govt but only if Chukka is deputy PM....... LOLZ.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit betrayal demo in London reminds me of a visit to the Den in the 80’s, small angry white crowd and tonnes of police.

Contrast with last weekend 1m+ diverse crowd and hardly a copper in sight, no arrests

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
5F1DE004-8913-4F21-BB89-FABE6A952962.jpeg

Excuse the rude word. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brexit betrayal demo in London reminds me of a visit to the Den in the 80’s, small angry white crowd and tonnes of police.

Contrast with last weekend 1m+ diverse crowd and hardly a copper in sight, no arrests

Well I was there (observing) and I would hardly call it "diverse". To be honest, I thought this would have been a bloody good time to visit Waitrose.

I voted remain, but it had the feeling of "sponsored by the Guardian".

Sandi Toksvig ( I repeat Sandi Toksvig ) gave a speech.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Channel 4 news has just inferred that there are increasingly violent protests outside no.10 Downing Street after todays vote.

Being pedantic, it is at the end of Downing Street as there are wrought iron gates across the end so nobody can get anywhere near numbers 10 & 11. It's been like that since the IRA days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I was there (observing) and I would hardly call it "diverse". To be honest, I thought this would have been a bloody good time to visit Waitrose.

I voted remain, but it had the feeling of "sponsored by the Guardian".

Sandi Toksvig ( I repeat Sandi Toksvig ) gave a speech.

By chance I was there too on the train and by the march/gathering, and it was as you described. A sea of typically Brightonian types (which is a compliment), Velma from Scooby Do doppelgangers with their nippers in an expensive buggy or baby sling, with goatie bearded (wannabee) hipster hubbies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Being pedantic, it is at the end of Downing Street as there are wrought iron gates across the end so nobody can get anywhere near numbers 10 & 11. It's been like that since the IRA days.
Indeed it is, but it is close enough for the chimps to be annoying.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BBC and Sky have armies of crews in that area, with no coverage, just tediously churning out on repeat the same old tale of the day’s non-events. Poor.
Sky just had some interesting interviews with people outside Westminster though...... "Interesting" people anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here