Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The problems you highlight are of our own creating, people have to wait in limbo for years for their applications to be processed, they live on a pittance and are not allowed to work, all the time they are made to feel unwelcome by right wing media when all they are doing is exercising their rights. Most of these people want to work and start a new life, and yet we have chronic shortages of labour which is crippling our industries. Is it any wonder they become dissilusioned and desperate? This country suffers economically because the people at the top don't pay their fair share, because they control the media narrative so you point the finger of blame at those at the bottom. How many people travel thousands of miles, making dangerous journeys risking their lives just to come here and be a nuisance and cause trouble?
i agree with that 100 % , there are however tens of thousands of migrants many of whom are 3rd 4th generation who have never worked a day in their life , they sponge from the system and they are encouraged to do so just as the current influx of largely young , fit men who are making the trip over are encouraged by the RNLI going out and picking them up and then putting them up in hotels .....i'm deeply disturbed by the plight that Britain and Ireland are in at the moment and frankly i don't see a way out of it , the country will change permanently in my view , wether its for better or worse is a moot point .......anyway at this point in time we are monitoring a bush fire that is taking houses on the edge of our town , watching the water choppers fly back and forth today i found myself wondering how the people of Gaza must be feeling having their homes reduced to ruble by Israeli bombs , the fire is about 4 km's from us at the moment but if the wind changes things could get pretty bad , 15 or 20 homes gone up so far. i was at the shops earlier and there was a japanese family who had been evacuated from their house , they were in the car park with suitcases in their car the woman and kids were all crying , i gave them my number and offered them a roof over their heads if they need it tonight........i'm not the massive bell end , bastard you think i am.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm afraid that once @sydney is off and ranting (which to be fair is 99% of his posts) the thread subject has very little, if any relevance to his rant whatsoever :shrug:

Between you and me, I don't think he wanted to go to the other side of the world, but was persuaded by his family and friends, that it was for the best, hence all his anger about a country that has absolutely no effect on him whatsoever. And his full stop button on his keyboard has been sticky for years :wink:
oh very funny twotty .....very funny , what a clever little git you are ....................hows your money doing now that you've moved it all off shore......it's more despair that anger

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
i agree with that 100 % , there are however tens of thousands of migrants many of whom are 3rd 4th generation who have never worked a day in their life , they sponge from the system and they are encouraged to do so just as the current influx of largely young , fit men who are making the trip over are encouraged by the RNLI going out and picking them up and then putting them up in hotels ....

No. Speaking as somebody who’s done work with homelessness, benefits and housing, I can promise you that this isn’t the case.

While some first generation immigrants don’t learn the language, most do. I can promise you that it’s the native families where unemployment tends to “stick” across generations.

If a family have migrated and includes grandparents, the grandparents are least likely to integrate and learn the language, however their children tend to be bright and enterprising, and learn quickly. They deal with the outside world on their grandparents behalf.

Any grandkids quickly turn pretty much native in terms of how they speak and their dealings with the outside world. The above is obviously not uniform, but I would describe it as typical.

I can remember being a guest at a community concern meeting, listening to a woman who (I was assured) had seven kids and had never worked a day complaining that the Polish had moved in and taken all the benefits, jobs and housing.

The local Jobcentre Manager leaned across and whispered in my ear that they had 450 native British claimants and one Polish man on their books for Jobseeker’s Allowance at that time.

Similarly, putting people up in hotels is what happens when you don’t have a coherent social housing policy. That is the fault of a government that has yet again failed to invest in Britain’s social infrastructure, not the fault of those who end up being put in hotels as a result.

You haven’t been here a while, things are bad, but you’re punching down at the wrong targets.

.i'm deeply disturbed by the plight that Britain and Ireland are in at the moment and frankly i don't see a way out of it , the country will change permanently in my view , wether its for better or worse is a moot point .......anyway at this point in time we are monitoring a bush fire that is taking houses on the edge of our town , watching the water choppers fly back and forth today i found myself wondering how the people of Gaza must be feeling having their homes reduced to ruble by Israeli bombs , the fire is about 4 km's from us at the moment but if the wind changes things could get pretty bad , 15 or 20 homes gone up so far. i was at the shops earlier and there was a japanese family who had been evacuated from their house , they were in the car park with suitcases in their car the woman and kids were all crying , i gave them my number and offered them a roof over their heads if they need it tonight........i'm not the massive bell end , bastard you think i am.

I hope you and yours are safe and well, and that the fire can be got under control without any further damage. Sadly I suspect it’s those living in places that were already on the edge of habitability that are going to feel the lasting effects of climate change first. I wish you and the families around you safety.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
No. Speaking as somebody who’s done work with homelessness, benefits and housing, I can promise you that this isn’t the case.

While some first generation immigrants don’t learn the language, most do. I can promise you that it’s the native families where unemployment tends to “stick” across generations.

If a family have migrated and includes grandparents, the grandparents are least likely to integrate and learn the language, however their children tend to be bright and enterprising, and learn quickly. They deal with the outside world on their grandparents behalf.

Any grandkids quickly turn pretty much native in terms of how they speak and their dealings with the outside world. The above is obviously not uniform, but I would describe it as typical.

I can remember being a guest at a community concern meeting, listening to a woman who (I was assured) had seven kids and had never worked a day complaining that the Polish had moved in and taken all the benefits, jobs and housing.

The local Jobcentre Manager leaned across and whispered in my ear that they had 450 native British claimants and one Polish man on their books for Jobseeker’s Allowance at that time.

Similarly, putting people up in hotels is what happens when you don’t have a coherent social housing policy. That is the fault of a government that has yet again failed to invest in Britain’s social infrastructure, not the fault of those who end up being put in hotels as a result.

You haven’t been here a while, things are bad, but you’re punching down at the wrong targets.

I hope you and yours are safe and well, and that the fire can be got under control without any further damage. Sadly I suspect it’s those living in places that were already on the edge of habitability that are going to feel the lasting effects of climate change first. I wish you and the families around you safety.
agreed and I have similar experiences in the benefits and homelessness sector

You can not simply arrive in the UK and start claiming benefits. For a start to claim a penny you have to pass the habitual residency test- and passing this is not a given, I've encountered loads of people who failed it and are therefore no recourse to public funds. The rules may have changed but up until fairly recently you needed to have been here for at least 3 months (with evidence of how and when you arrived in the country) to claim JSA (now rolled into UC), and even then it could only be claimed for 6 months and you'd be expected to be working by that point. To claim what was ESA (now rolled into UC) you probably wouldn't pass the habitual residency test if you rocked up into the UK and stuck in a claim saying you weren't fit for work. Realistically you'd need to have had a working history in the UK and paid National Insurance. Same goes for PIP really, it's unlikely that you'd pass the Habitual Residency Test and would realistically need medical evidence to support your claim- unlikely if you've just arrived in the country.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i agree with that 100 % , there are however tens of thousands of migrants many of whom are 3rd 4th generation who have never worked a day in their life , they sponge from the system and they are encouraged to do so just as the current influx of largely young , fit men who are making the trip over are encouraged by the RNLI going out and picking them up and then putting them up in hotels .....i'm deeply disturbed by the plight that Britain and Ireland are in at the moment and frankly i don't see a way out of it , the country will change permanently in my view , wether its for better or worse is a moot point .......anyway at this point in time we are monitoring a bush fire that is taking houses on the edge of our town , watching the water choppers fly back and forth today i found myself wondering how the people of Gaza must be feeling having their homes reduced to ruble by Israeli bombs , the fire is about 4 km's from us at the moment but if the wind changes things could get pretty bad , 15 or 20 homes gone up so far. i was at the shops earlier and there was a japanese family who had been evacuated from their house , they were in the car park with suitcases in their car the woman and kids were all crying , i gave them my number and offered them a roof over their heads if they need it tonight........i'm not the massive bell end , bastard you think i am.
is the percentage of migrants who don't work and receive benefits higher than Brits ? If not then it's not a migrant problem. Do Brits integrate well in other countries? You go to the Spanish costas and they want a full english, sunday roast and bingo, in between getting drunk and misbehaving. Do they speak the lingo? in fact, how many Brits learn a 2nd language compared to other nationalities? we're probably bottom of that list. Anyone who receives benefits and state support does so because they are entitled to, just like immigrants on boats have a right to claim asylum. You can beleive whatever nonsense you read but I refuse to believe hundreds or thousands of migrants come to the UK risking their lives just to procrastinate and cause trouble. why would they?

According to this migrants live off 45 quid a week. Again why would you risk your life to do nothing and live on the breadline?

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whenever I'm asked anything about economic immigrants, I always come on here to get it straight from the expert @sydney :wink:

Irony
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

Opposite:
    sincerity

a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.
    plural noun: ironies

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And to think, so many voted Brexit to keep net migration down. Lots of those people were very concerned with non-EU migration such as Turkish people or Muslims coming to our Country.

This is what Brexit and the Conservative Party have given them.

IMG_3812.jpeg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

thanks for that sir , thankfully the danger appears to have passed for the time being ......i think we both know im not talking about that lone polish man and i am not talking about the situation is Sussex , most of my mates here are northerners .....i have one mate from mile oak ,a couple from worthing , another from hailsham , a few around uxbridge , couple from dagenham and shadwell heath , thornton heath etc......those areas compared to leicester , nottingham , birmingham , bradford , blackburn , burnley from where i also have mates are totally different...i think you know where im coming from and having not slept much last night i cant be arsed arguing....thanks again mate, all the best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Whenever I'm asked anything about economic immigrants, I always come on here to get it straight from the expert @sydney :wink:

Irony
  1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "‘Don't go overboard with the gratitude,’ he rejoined with heavy irony"

Opposite:
    sincerity

a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.
    plural noun: ironies
like i said ...you're a smart arsed **** , i wouldn't be surprised if your hooter isn't 6 inches wide across your face , you sit there in your million pound house and let the working class take the slack son....you've earned it after all...
is the percentage of migrants who don't work and receive benefits higher than Brits ? If not then it's not a migrant problem. Do Brits integrate well in other countries? You go to the Spanish costas and they want a full english, sunday roast and bingo, in between getting drunk and misbehaving. Do they speak the lingo? in fact, how many Brits learn a 2nd language compared to other nationalities? we're probably bottom of that list. Anyone who receives benefits and state support does so because they are entitled to, just like immigrants on boats have a right to claim asylum. You can beleive whatever nonsense you read but I refuse to believe hundreds or thousands of migrants come to the UK risking their lives just to procrastinate and cause trouble. why would they?

According to this migrants live off 45 quid a week. Again why would you risk your life to do nothing and live on the breadline?

like i said a i agree " roast like mum used to make " in spain ...irish theme bars in Bali , Malaysia and Thailand ....cringeworthy , is it because the honkeys have all the money do you think ..??

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And to think, so many voted Brexit to keep net migration down. Lots of those people were very concerned with non-EU migration such as Turkish people or Muslims coming to our Country.

This is what Brexit and the Conservative Party have given them.

View attachment 170165
Vote Leave and now no can can friggin leave!!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Taking Back Control

Net migration into UK in 2022 revised up to record-breaking figure of 745,000​

Net migration hit a record-breaking 745,000 in 2022, according to revised figures from the Office for National Statistics, as its latest numbers showed 672,000 people came to the UK in the 12 months to June 2023.

https://news.sky.com/story/net-migr...migration hit a record,12 months to June 2023.

Those benefits are absolutely flooding in now :shootself

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not confused in the slightest.

I voted to Leave, and still do wish to do so. Can't see too much confusion there.

Johnson has been shown up for the incompetent idiot some of us always knew he was and is now running scared of the COVID enquiry, Nigel is desperately trying to earn a few quid on IACGMOOH and you're reduced to giving 'ironic' thumbs ups on NSC.

Everyone's a winner :facepalm:

:lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Johnson has been shown up for the idiot he is and is now running scared of the COVID enquiry, Nigel is desperately trying to earn a few quid on IACGMOOH and you're reduced to giving 'ironic' thumbs ups on NSC.

Everyone's a winner :facepalm:

:lolol:
How the mighty have fallen.

From a headhunted leader of business to playground vitriol.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

UK’s flagship post-Brexit trade deal worth even less than previously thought, OBR says​

The UK’s flagship transatlantic trade deal, which was presented as a cornerstone of post-Brexit “global Britain”, will deliver even less benefit to the economy than the tiny uplift that was previously predicted, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility. In a report accompanying last week’s autumn statement, the OBR said the UK’s entry into the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) would add just 0.04% to GDP in the “long run”, which it defines as after 15 years of membership.

The OBR said two separate bilateral deals between the UK and Australia and New Zealand, also hailed as landmark trade agreements post-Brexit, “might increase the level of real GDP by a combined 0.1% by 2035”. The tiny predicted benefits from these trade deals contrast with the OBR’s own calculation that the UK economy will be 4% smaller than if we had stayed in the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...1&cvid=4db86562273f43fca1248ca67289f946&ei=62

In other news, Bears defecate in woods, the Pope is Catholic, Dolly Parton sleeps on her back and a few more people have finally found out that Farage is a total **** :lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

UK’s flagship post-Brexit trade deal worth even less than previously thought, OBR says​

The UK’s flagship transatlantic trade deal, which was presented as a cornerstone of post-Brexit “global Britain”, will deliver even less benefit to the economy than the tiny uplift that was previously predicted, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility. In a report accompanying last week’s autumn statement, the OBR said the UK’s entry into the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) would add just 0.04% to GDP in the “long run”, which it defines as after 15 years of membership.

The OBR said two separate bilateral deals between the UK and Australia and New Zealand, also hailed as landmark trade agreements post-Brexit, “might increase the level of real GDP by a combined 0.1% by 2035”. The tiny predicted benefits from these trade deals contrast with the OBR’s own calculation that the UK economy will be 4% smaller than if we had stayed in the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...1&cvid=4db86562273f43fca1248ca67289f946&ei=62

In other news, Bears defecate in woods, the Pope is Catholic, Dolly Parton sleeps on her back and a few more people have finally found out that Farage is a total **** :lolol:

So, -4%, +0.14%

Still 3.86% more growth to find before we hit the point where we’re in the same place as if we’d just done nothing except carry on as we were in the EU.

Still, as I look around the high street of the towns I visit in England, I note that it’s a great time to gamble, vape, get your nails done (at least 50% of which must be money laundering operations for drug money) or be a charity.

Lots of shut up restaurants, clothes shops, and a fair few “everything must go” signs about though.

What a success.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, -4%, +0.14%

Still 3.86% more growth to find before we hit the point where we’re in the same place as if we’d just done nothing except carry on as we were in the EU.

Still, as I look around the high street of the towns I visit in England, I note that it’s a great time to gamble, vape, get your nails done (at least 50% of which must be money laundering operations for drug money) or be a charity.

Lots of shut up restaurants, clothes shops, and a fair few “everything must go” signs about though.

What a success.
At least we've got cOntRol oF OuR boRdeRS.

The populism is tiresome. Enough already. It's screamed by ReformUK and the crappy right wing press on the sidelines, and this Tory party then do their best to implement the cause of the grizzling (despite it rarely being a plausible option). It is a never-ending cycle of ignorance, anger at trivial issues, causing the breakage of things that work fine, leading to more screaming as more things don't work properly.

The next thing is this nonsense about leaving the ECHR. As if the only thing that matters are a few dinghies.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
At least we've got cOntRol oF OuR boRdeRS.

The populism is tiresome. Enough already. It's screamed by ReformUK and the crappy right wing press on the sidelines, and this Tory party then do their best to implement the cause of the grizzling (despite it rarely being a plausible option). It is a never-ending cycle of ignorance, anger at trivial issues, causing the breakage of things that work fine, leading to more screaming as more things don't work properly.

The next thing is this nonsense about leaving the ECHR. As if the only thing that matters are a few dinghies.

Tipical snowflake. You drone on and on about things such as having a 7 million waiting list for operations, economic growth, a cohesive transport and educashun strategy, dentists that take on NHS patience and free trade, but you ignore the FACT that this is all caused by people in big rubber rings who eat funny food. Everything will be fine once we all have blue pasports and then who will be eating humble pie (with no tofu in it obviesly) you wokie?

Regards

DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here