[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
far from it, get a grip a be a bit more positive about this country:angry:
regards
DR

How are hashtags saying "still sulking" in any way useful? Belittling the arguments of those of us who voted to remain is incredibly immature. Whether you like it or not leaving the EU could and probably will have long lasting ramifications and not all of them will be positive. Just this week The Times reported we are now to borrow an additional 60bn because of leaving the EU. Not exactly positive is it?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whether you like it or not leaving the EU could and probably will have long lasting ramifications and not all of them will be positive.

Of course, nobody is going t vote for something that makes no difference in a referendum, Damn on second thoughts looking at Greece and French referendums maybe they are not supposed to make any difference?

Anyway, that arguments for or against depend on the long term ramifications, arguments I believe will be redundant in a few years.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How are hashtags saying "still sulking" in any way useful? Belittling the arguments of those of us who voted to remain is incredibly immature. Whether you like it or not leaving the EU could and probably will have long lasting ramifications and not all of them will be positive. Just this week The Times reported we are now to borrow an additional 60bn because of leaving the EU. Not exactly positive is it?

How does the Times know we wouldn't have borrowed that money anyway?The financial media are being incredibly unsupportive of GB because they have been shown up as not knowing what they're talking about.Trying to propagandise a recession, just to try and prove you were right, is a very immature way to carry on .Here's a typical example from the BBC:

bbcbolox.jpg

Headline shouting about the fall in the FTSE-bunch of clowns!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How does the Times know we wouldn't have borrowed that money anyway?The financial media are being incredibly unsupportive of GB because they have been shown up as not knowing what they're talking about.Trying to propagandise a recession, just to try and prove you were right, is a very immature way to carry on .Here's a typical example from the BBC:

View attachment 77096

On the flip side, what makes you qualified to disprove the media propaganda if it is indeed false?

Jan 30, 2008
#still sulking
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
On the flip side, what makes you qualified to disprove the media propaganda if it is indeed false?

Since I gave up smoking,I can smell bulls**t from a mile away.What makes you qualified to say I can't disprove it?A headline about a 0.02% drop in the FTSE index certainly smells like sulky bulls**t to me!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I'm not sure The Times made the story up. It is a matter of record that Philip Hammond has abandoned Osborne's timetable to remove the current account deficit and most people agree that he will pour money into the economy in an effort to counter the effect of Brexit. No one denies that borrowing will have to increase as a result of June 23. If you feel that the £60bn figure - which wasn't The Times's - is wrong, what figure do you suggest?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Since I gave up smoking,I can smell bulls**t from a mile away.What makes you qualified to say I can't disprove it?A headline about a 0.02% drop in the FTSE index certainly smells like sulky bulls**t to me!

You must have been laid out by the Express's claim that good data for the quarter up to June 30 was proof that 'Brexit Britain is booming!"!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seems to me it's the vote Leave gang that don't seem too sure of the result, constantly posting on this thread, defending their decision. One would imagine if they were truly happy with the outcome they would have departed this thread in confident satisfaction weeks ago rather than continually "backing up" their decision to leave.
I also factor in that at least four of them are known trolls who wouldn't be able to resist this thread if their lives depended on it but still, get a grip guys. If you were truly happy in your decision, you'd have left well alone.

I've definitely posted less Nibble, have not posted in the daytime for over a week, I've got a grip.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
All German's I know would also vote for the UK to leave.
Well they are not at all impressed by Merkel or the direction the EU has taken. And before you lay the race card down, they have German, Korean, Turkish, Spanish and Icelandic family apart from the English branch of the family. They would like a democratic vote as well.

Edit: just seen your later response, so fair enough!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I'm not qualified to say either way. I'm not one for simply reading the news and taking it as gospel but unless you have any evidence or anything more than a good sense of smell it's just conjecture. I'm also relatively sure if you could disprove it you would have.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not sure The Times made the story up. It is a matter of record that Philip Hammond has abandoned Osborne's timetable to remove the current account deficit and most people agree that he will pour money into the economy in an effort to counter the effect of Brexit. No one denies that borrowing will have to increase as a result of June 23. If you feel that the £60bn figure - which wasn't The Times's - is wrong, what figure do you suggest?

I didn't say that figure was wrong at all-think you need new specs.I queried if we might have borrowed it anyway,Brexit or no.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You must have been laid out by the Express's claim that good data for the quarter up to June 30 was proof that 'Brexit Britain is booming!"!

I don't read rubbish.You should realise by now that I read the quality press!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm not qualified to say either way. I'm not one for simply reading the news and taking it as gospel but unless you have any evidence or anything more than a good sense of smell it's just conjecture. I'm also relatively sure if you could disprove it you would have.

So you think the example I quoted from the BBC is good,responsible journalism?Are you an employee?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So you think the example I quoted from the BBC is good,responsible journalism?Are you an employee?

There has been little to no responsible journalism covering the EU debate for either side of the argument. But things will happen because of Brexit (cause and effect and all that). It would be equally irresponsible to pretend, or not consider, that these consequences don't exist because of, or have been exacerbated, by the decision to leave the EU. Assuming there is evidence to back this up of course.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
So so desperate for Britain to fail so you can be proved right. Ard you ashamed of your country?

You are talking offensive rubbish. My family's situation is such that for all our sakes I would just love the British economy to prosper. There's an awful lot more to making an economy successful than just saying it's successful though. Confidence is one thing, delusion is another and the Express's suggestion that the second quarter's manufacturing figures prove how triumphant Brexit has been when 12 of the 13 weeks involved were pre-referendum was utterly utterly delusional. (My comment about that paper were intended to be humorous however - check the post I was responding to.)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The Sunday Times are sorry to announce that due to elections in France and Germany Brexit is now delayed until late 2019 and article 50 will not be invoked until September of next year. Plus, according the 'city source' in the story, the 2 new Whitehall departments aren't up to speed yet either.

Reminds me of the old Grolsch advert on TV - Schtop! Brexit is not ready yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports