Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What a total and utter load of cr@p. He stated as a FACT that the greater proportion of Leave voters were not net controbutors. There was 17.4 million Leave voters. That means there was 8,700,001 or more (hence "greater proportion") of those 17.4 million who were are not net contributors to this society.

No, he said a larger proportion of leave voters were not net contributors, meaning a larger number of leave voters than remain voters, were not net contributors.
If he had said the greater proportion, you would have a point, but he didn't, so you are wrong, sorry.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
look at the polling breakdown from said experts with data and computer (probably some flaws in the data gathering but this is the best we probably have). look at AB, thats "higher" and "intermediate" managment and professional, these are likely to be high earners - 43% are leavers. look at C1, "junior" managers, professionals, most likely degree educated these days and many will be high earners in some industries - 51% leavers. So what we have is a substantial minority of higher rate tax payers voting to leave. so if you dont know any high earning leave voters, you dont know many.

Yes, I agree with you that the percentage of ABs voting Leave was almost ten per cent below the national norm and that the percentage of C1s was also slightly lower. In turn you may agree that higher percentages of retired people (ie those more likely not to be net tax contributors) voted Leave than Remain. I have never claimed that all (or even most) Leave voters are not net tax contributors and to be honest I can't see that you have disagreed with anything I said in the post you were replying to.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well. I came across 6 out of the 7 university graduates that I had a reunion with 2 weeks ago.

Did you ask if all their wives were 40% payers? Christ, why don't people read the thread..

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
well you would have got the vote if it was :dunce:
regards
DR

Or we could look at the demographic suggesting that you were more likely to vote leave if you didn't hold a qualification higher than a GCSE...

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Or we could look at the demographic suggesting that you were more likely to vote leave if you didn't hold a qualification higher than a GCSE...

Careful. Very soon you'll see one of Nigel's warriors on here claiming that you just said that NO Leave voters possessed anything above O-level Geography and as they know five Leavers with three or more GCSEs they can prove that you are a lying tw@t of very limited intelligence.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I have always found many of the most intelligent people in the country whilst having a razor sharp intellect astonishingly quite often seem to lack common sense.
The demographic you are referring to would suggest that common sense won the day.

we should all be grateful for that.
you are welcome!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I have always found many of the most intelligent people in the country whilst having a razor sharp intellect astonishingly quite often seem to lack common sense.
The demographic you are referring to would suggest that common sense won the day.

you are welcome!

Pray tell how leaving the EU was "common sense"

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

you are welcome!

somebody has to empty the bins,sweep the streets and clean the sewers you know..i'd rather some of the young of this country did it and not some Eastern European only for them a couple of years later bring half their family over here.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pray tell how leaving the EU was "common sense"

what would be the point
its a matter of opinion and its obvious we wouldnt agree. It would end up pointlessly arguing over topics that have been debated to death pre referendum,that sort of discussion wont change the result.......time to look forward to what the future holds.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
what would be the point
its a matter of opinion and its obvious we wouldnt agree. It would end up pointlessly arguing over topics that have been debated to death pre referendum,that sort of discussion wont change the result.......time to look forward to what the future holds.

Very true. As soon I posted that I started having flashbacks to a few months ago and the prospect of discussing it again made me feel rather ill.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Oh fer fecks sake...is this thing never going to end? It's happened, just like s*it. We'll have to live with it, although there are some that will never admit it was stupid. There are loads who do admit they were mislead. We'll survive. :down:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It'll never be at an end. Reality. Arguments for and against on here or in the media will be here for 18mths. Brexit prevailed. 17 mill plus joyous. 16.5 mill mightily pissed off. Perfect storm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here