Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, no, no. This must be wrong. There have been loads of posts on here explaining how Leave voters incrementally arrived at nuanced decisions after carefully researching all the available literature on the subject. East Preston Gull read two objective books for example. Any suggestion that several million Brexiters thought Sod it, this is even better than the Xfactor must be denied immediately, as must the premise that the non-stop anti-immigration vitriol in the tabloids had any effect at all. People understood that "Turkey is set to join the EU" didn't mean that Turkey is set to join the EU and that the dusky-looking types in Nige's Leave poster weren't any sort of threat that they might rock up here, raping people.
There have also been, I believe, some posts actually suggesting that some remainers are a bit bitter. Can't see it myself, but .................................

No, no, no. This must be wrong. There have been loads of posts on here explaining how Leave voters incrementally arrived at nuanced decisions after carefully researching all the available literature on the subject. East Preston Gull read two objective books for example. Any suggestion that several million Brexiters thought Sod it, this is even better than the Xfactor must be denied immediately, as must the premise that the non-stop anti-immigration vitriol in the tabloids had any effect at all. People understood that "Turkey is set to join the EU" didn't mean that Turkey is set to join the EU and that the dusky-looking types in Nige's Leave poster weren't any sort of threat that they might rock up here, raping people.
Thanks for the name check. I actually read a total of 9 books and researched what i could. Unfortunately as a thick leaver I struggled to find the ladybird book of the" Brexiteer and the racist curmudgeon " or the episode of Jeremy Kyle and his splendid show about " I had sex with my wife's best friend and a xenophobic vote Leave working class slack jaw"

"Let them eat cake said the fascist remainers"☺

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There have also been, I believe, some posts actually suggesting that some remainers are a bit bitter. Can't see it myself, but .................................

You're right. I am irritated. But surely post-result bitterness is less damaging to the country than pre-vote vacuity?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Thanks for the name check. I actually read a total of 9 books and researched what i could. Unfortunately as a thick leaver I struggled to find the ladybird book of the" Brexiteer and the racist curmudgeon " or the episode of Jeremy Kyle and his splendid show about " I had sex with my wife's best friend and a xenophobic vote Leave working class slack jaw"

Good response!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're right. I am irritated. But surely post-result bitterness is less damaging to the country than pre-vote vacuity?

Sorry, but no. Post referendum bitterness is damaging all round - to the individual, and not a good way of moving the country forward. I hate to say it, being a life-long Labour supporter, but TM seems to have got the right idea.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sorry, but no. Post referendum bitterness is damaging all round - to the individual, and not a good way of moving the country forward. I hate to say it, being a life-long Labour supporter, but TM seems to have got the right idea.

Around half of the population didnt support the outcome. Of course they have a different view of how the conutry should move forward and why should thwt change. As a labour voter do you support the tories when they win an election. No, thought not

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All of Europe is burning in debt and it has little to do with the EU. Our net cost membership costs pale into insignificance compared to our £43B a year debt interest alone, financially we have bigger issues. With Brexit, and the immediate credit downgrade these issues have just got a whole lot bigger.

firstly are you suggesting the Euro, which is the reason many countries are in such debt, is nothing to do with the EU? an secondly, our cost of borrowing has lowered regardless of the ratings agencies view.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Nice one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What are the thoughts on Phillip Hammond as Chancellor and Amber Rudd as Home Secretary?
Good appointments for the 7th biggest economy on the world ..

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your quest to insult people who hold different opinions from you just went from tedious to pitiful.

I continue to believe that a proportion of those who voted Leave weren't thinking when they did so. You disagree. I understand that. But tell me why you think it pitiful. Or indeed insulting.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

lets face it there are some remainers on here who simply wont calm down until they have interrogated every single leave voter and found out specifically why it was that person voted.
this thread is becoming very dull with the remainers simply wanting to continue pre referendum debate subjects.

About time we moved forward like everyone else and had a brexit negotiations thread :O

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Belittling all Brexiters must be your sole aim in life now. You might just find a inner calmness if you just accept the result rather than picking at it like an open sore. You are sounding very poisonous so maybe you have picked too much.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Unsure how they will react to £ hitting parity with the euro.

2591879F00000578-2949069-Seven_year_high_The_last_time_the_pound_was_this_strong_against_-m-10_1.jpg is it a brexit thing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£ is weak because the Carney said he'd lower interest rates, which was his intent when he said so. he wants to import inflation and promote exports.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
lets face it there are some remainers on here who simply wont calm down until they have interrogated every single leave voter and found out specifically why it was that person voted.
this thread is becoming very dull with the remainers simply wanting to continue pre referendum debate subjects.

About time we moved forward like everyone else and had a brexit negotiations thread :O

The issues are still relevant. A Tory wouldn't suddenly support Labour if Labour happened to win the election. The public endorsing Brexit does not mean Brexit becomes a good idea overnight. It was, is and will remain an awful idea with zero practical benefits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here