Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You only really hear about immigration in the media because of the modern tendency to sensationalise everything.

Of the people I know who voted out, mostly my friends and people at work, immigration wasn't an issue for any of them. They all did their own research and weren't influenced by the campaign, these are intelligent people in their 30s and 40s. You can't just pigeonhole every leave voter into the anti immigration category or assume that it was the only issue. There's enough evidence of that just on this thread!
I really didn't intend to suggest that every leave voter was against free EU immigration. I have one Brexit friend who is passionately in favour of unlimited immigration. I have to say though that most of my Leaver friends are 'people from the council estates' (copyright IDS) and they are anti-immigrant almost to a man. Overall, it was a very big and emotive issue and that's why the Brexit spinners went for it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Latest news from the BBC -

"Siemens promises UK investment despite Brexit warning

Siemens's chief Joe Kaeser said the UK remained a "good place to do business"

German industrial giant Siemens has said it will continue to invest in the UK, despite earlier warnings that a vote to leave the EU could affect its future activities in the country
".

See the full article here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36771595

.................. so it was Project Fear all along then?

I repeat what i said about a week or so ago.........They know where their bread is buttered.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The debate could influence the new PM to ignore the result and push for a better deal for us in Europe.

Dreams, dreams, dreams. There is no deal other than NO freedom of movement. Our Sovereign decision is final and so is our supreme court. Everything else is negotiable.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
You just can't bear when good news happens to our country.

Meanwhile in the moribund economies of the eurozone:

Italy 'facing 20 years of economic woe' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36770311

Fail to see how weak Eurozone is less of our problem if we leave EU. We will still need access to single market we just have to adopt rules written by basket case economies rather than write them for said countries instead :facepalm:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't see why when we haven't left and remain still have all the arguments based on reality and fact. I'm not keen on pulling the trigger because many people swallowed a heap of lies and misinformation.

"swallowed a heap of lies and misinformation".[/QUOTE]

No swallowing, yes some lies and misinformation, but the information that mattered such as uncontrolled immigration, EU laws, millions put into the EU a day, bailouts for countries etc...were not lies or misinformation.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I really didn't intend to suggest that every leave voter was against free EU immigration. I have one Brexit friend who is passionately in favour of unlimited immigration. I have to say though that most of my Leaver friends are 'people from the council estates' (copyright IDS) and they are anti-immigrant almost to a man. Overall, it was a very big and emotive issue and that's why the Brexit spinners went for it.

You seem to have a skewed bunch of friends,well as far as my experience goes.
The leavers i know are against the idea of uncontrolled immigration but dont extend this further to being against immigrant people themselves like most of your leaver friends.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No swallowing, yes some lies and misinformation, but the information that mattered such as uncontrolled immigration, EU laws, millions put into the EU a day, bailouts for countries etc...were not lies or misinformation.

are you saying you didnt base your whole vote entirely on a bus logo?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Says it all, that represents those who vote for a UK based on 1970s ideals :facepalm:
Wow - your ability to interpret emoticons is remarkable. And wildly inaccurate.

And why on earth do you think I'd want to go back to a UK with 1970 ideals - where the people sadly voted by two to one to join the EEC? Well, I suppose you are a remainer - that probably explains it in your world.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't see why when we haven't left and remain still have all the arguments based on reality and fact. I'm not keen on pulling the trigger because many people swallowed a heap of lies and misinformation.

I am afraid for you and some others who are unwilling to accept the democratic will of the majority the reality still hasn't sunk in yet. We are leaving the EU. I heard as much ill informed drivel from the Remain side as you would claim came from the Brexiteers. But I'm not going to re fight the referendum campaign.

Feel free to argue the case for rejoining again at some point in the future (good luck with that) even indulge in a bit of I told you so if you must but any argument that the vote should be blocked/circumvented is inherently undemocratic. Which is why anyone with any respect for our democracy and country including many remainers accept the decision. As our new PM will be the one pulling the trigger I would rather listen to her expert opinion ... Brexit means Brexit.

Time for Europhiles to wave goodbye to the EU :wave:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I am afraid for you and some others who are unwilling to accept the democratic will of the majority the reality still hasn't sunk in yet. We are leaving the EU. I heard as much ill informed drivel from the Remain side as you would claim came from the Brexiteers. But I'm not going to re fight the referendum campaign.

Feel free to argue the case for rejoining again at some point in the future (good luck with that) even indulge in a bit of I told you so if you must but any argument that the vote should be blocked/circumvented is inherently undemocratic. Which is why anyone with any respect for our democracy and country including many remainers accept the decision. As our new PM will be the one pulling the trigger I would rather listen to her expert opinion ... Brexit means Brexit.

Time for Europhiles to wave goodbye to the EU :wave:

Respect for our democracy might include not telling people we spend £350m a week on the EU which can be diverted to the NHS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here