Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
you accuse of "spin", yet when has the % differences between 1st and 2nd place previosuly mattered? when Blair won a third term in 2005, returning a 30 odd seat majority, did anyone remark that the 2.8% margin over Conservatives somehow invalidated the result?

I'm not saying the result is invalid, only that the mandate for it is the difference not the number of votes.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Cl37Xq3XIAAJ3xY.jpg

Anyone seeking to circumvent/reverse the biggest electoral mandate in our history before it has been enacted is playing with fire .. we will leave the EU.

But lets not forget before you get too complacent.
The 17,410,742 that voted Brexit all voted because they saw a logo on a bus.

None of them voted for issues like immigration,control of borders,housing, jobs,access to services,none voted because they were concerned about democracy and accountability, none voted to return primacy of UK courts.

It was all about the logo on the bus.Or so we are led to believe.

When the dust finally settles and the remainers (like they are slowly doing) acknowledge Brexit means Brexit perhaps they will look at the regional figures of this country and realise we have actually voted to leave,and in some areas the vote leave is very striking.
This ridiculous gesturing from the pissed off of London because they somehow know better and are more enlightened and intelligent is perverse.What an odd bunch of self entitled out of touch wallies they have proven to the rest of the country they are.

eu.jpg

We will LEAVE the EU,its a certainty,no manner of dodgy petitions,ridiculous legal challenges based on on nothing or MP`s vowing to disregard democracy will change this.
Its time the remainers put the vote behind them and move forward. Lets crack on together and unite to make the best of our new opportunities.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't blame people based on what they voted. I blame people who cannot accept a defeat and will try to sabotage things for the selfish pursuit of proving to others (and perhaps themselves?) that they were right and others were wrong.

It's PATHETIC.

I do accept the result, where have I said otherwise? I'm far from happy about it because i think it's fundamentally a wrong decision for the country and I have every right to voice that opinion whether you like it or not. That's what this thread is for. But we are when we are. There can be no second referendum. But for those of you who voted Leave to blame the economic woes that have occurred since Breixt, and will occur in future, on those of us who voted the other way, is beyond contempt.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I voted leave but had already decided if the result went the other way then we should fully immerse ourselves in the European project. If we are to be in a club then we should all be fully committed. I don't sense that the remainers are taking the same stance as they appear to be holding on in the hope the decision is reversed. It will not be and we will leave the EU so there is little point in still trying to win the argument that is already lost. It's now time to look to the future and do what is necessary to make the new project a success rather than go over old ground and hinder any opportunities going forward

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Ideally, no. Why do you?

Oh so you would want to fast track Turkey followed closely by every other country in the world.

Why then would you want to vote to Remain when the EU beyond Turkey has absolutely no intention of delivering now or anytime in the future free movement throughout the world, you should really be looking for something more political extreme that represents your views, you have latched on to something quite irrelevant to you.

D

Deleted member 22389

I voted leave but had already decided if the result went the other way then we should fully immerse ourselves in the European project. If we are to be in a club then we should all be fully committed. I don't sense that the remainers are taking the same stance as they appear to be holding on in the hope the decision is reversed. It will not be and we will leave the EU so there is little point in still trying to win the argument that is already lost. It's now time to look to the future and do what is necessary to make the new project a success rather than go over old ground and hinder any opportunities going forward

I voted Leave too, but this is exactly what I said. We are not going to get any reform, so we should this idea to bed. However if it looks like we are staying IN with the same terms we have now, then this country might as well introduct the Euro and all the other EU rules that come with it. We can't keep messing around here, we are either OUT completely or IN fully, otherwise this issue will never stop.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Unfortunately the government may just be daft enough to follow through and leave, they were daft enough to hold a needless referendum in the first place, a political gamble that blew up in Cameron's face. However, the terms of exit are never going to meet the fervid expectations of the leave voters and we are going to have some pretty disappointed Brexiteers whether we leave or not.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Independence day in the US tomorrow, a national holiday. From next year we should have one .. 23rd June UK Independence day :thumbsup:

article-2166649-1376EEF8000005DC-339_468x313.jpg

Paaaaarrrtttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :rave:

What's coming first, the new public holiday or the £350M a week extra for The NHS?

D

Deleted member 22389

What's coming first, the new public holiday or the £350M a week extra for The NHS?

I should imagine a very large percentage of Leave voters, didn't vote because the NHS was going to get 350M a week. They voted like me because they didn't like the amount of money that was going to the EU in the first place, and they didn't like that fact that the EU doesn't seem to reform. Sooner Junker quits the better. The man doesn't understand democracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Unfortunately the government may just be daft enough to follow through and leave, they were daft enough to hold a needless referendum in the first place, a political gamble that blew up in Cameron's face. However, the terms of exit are never going to meet the fervid expectations of the leave voters and we are going to have some pretty disappointed Brexiteers whether we leave or not.
You are right about the fact the government are to blame. Governments are there to research and make the big decisions for the rest of us that don't have the time to do that. However in this instance they ducked their responsibility and that can be laid at Cameron's door.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I should imagine a very large percentage of Leave voters, didn't vote because the NHS was going to get 350M a week. They voted like me because they didn't like the amount of money that was going to the EU in the first place, and they didn't like that fact that the EU doesn't seem to reform.

How much money are we paying? How much support and funding are we receiving?

D

Deleted member 22389

How much money are we paying? How much support and funding are we receiving?

I don't have an exact figure, but it's enough to build a new hospital, school, improve this countries roads every week, and even create new jobs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I should imagine a very large percentage of Leave voters, didn't vote because the NHS was going to get 350M a week. They voted like me because they didn't like the amount of money that was going to the EU in the first place, and they didn't like that fact that the EU doesn't seem to reform.

I don't like the injustice and lack of democracy in the UK. We have an un-elected head of state, we have an un-elected upper chamber, and some of those are actually hereditary peers, and if you are republican, you can't take your seat without being a hypocrite. Where is the democracy in that? Even the current FPTP system seems to be geared around propping up the same old two party system.

So where is the 700 page thread full of people like you tirelessly campaigning to change things nationally?

As for the idea of leaving - we really are going to end up with a proper shìt deal. Nigel Farage, that public school educated, son of a stockbroker and former commodities trader, embarrassingly walking into European parliament and rudely announcing to qualified heart surgeons amongst others that they've never had a proper job and "you're not laughing now!" has poured petrol onto this bonfire that is the almost impossible negotiating position we find ourselves in.

I can't really see how this analogy falls over:

NT: Hello, you're through to the National Trust.
Caller: Hello. Yes, I’d like to withdraw my membership please.
NT: I’m sorry to hear that, may I ask why?
Caller: We’re fed up with it. The houses are too full. There’s queues at the cafes and not enough tables. Plus we’ve noticed there are plenty of stately homes and attractions not part of the National Trust. And we have to pay a that ridiculous fee that we could use for anything we like…
NT: OK, so shall I cancel your direct debit?
Caller: Just wait a minute. I have promised my family that even if we leave, we can still have full access to all of your country houses, historic landscapes and nature reserves.
NT: Yes, you can do that. You just have to pay an entry fee each time you visit one of our attractions.
Caller: But won’t that be hugely more expensive?
NT: Yes.
Caller: And won’t that mean I’ll have to queue up with all the non-members and pay each time?
NT: Yes. And for the car parks.
Caller: So, we can’t use them any more?
NT: You can. But you’ll have to pay. Sorry.
Caller: Will you still send me the magazine?
NT: Well, no. Why would we–?
Caller: How dare you be so unhelpful. Can’t we agree on a different arrangement?
NT: Such as?
Caller: One where we still have full access to all of your attractions and car parks. And the magazine.
NT: Yes. You can do that by being a member of the National Trust.
Caller: Oh, you people. Honestly.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I should imagine some of them wanted their wanted their country back too. I should imagine some of them wanted laws to be passed in the un-elected House of Lords by rich people too.

I am concerned that in the future, perhaps even on the new June 23rd Public holiday, there could be a UK Border agency official, of which there will need to be more off, like everything else in the future, will be sat there at Terminal 6 at Heathrow as a British & Irish Imperial Airways flight lands on the 3rd runway and an attractive blonde women hands over her Serbian/EU passport and the UK border Agency official, wearing his Rupert The Bear UK border agency uniform as introduced by Lord Farage of Sevenoaks,he asks this Johnny foreigner what's the purpose of her visit to The British Empire. She's probably just come here to bleed the NHS dry of the extra £350M a week like they all do, but she replies and flutters her eyelids while doing so, that she'll do 'anything' to enter The British Empire, 'anything you want baby'. This UK Border Agency official voted 'remain' and the whole thing falls apart, because love conquers all....................................(If Simon Bates was still on Radio 1, this could be a 'sad song' story)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

How much money are we paying? How much support and funding are we receiving? You know that the EU has funded over 22,000 projects in the the North of England alone since 2003? That they continually find and give grants to specific areas , funnily enough the areas that most voted leave in (doh!) with the specific purpose of closing wealth disparity in Europe, including the UK. That we will lose the 10.9 billion euros granted to us for the period 2014 to 2020 to make improvements in some of the poorest areas of the UK? You know all this yeah?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't have an exact figure, but it's enough to build a new hospital, school, improve this countries roads every week, and even create new jobs.

Really, cos we have just lost 10.9 billion euros that were granted to is to do exactly that. Come back with some exact figures and I'll consider taking your seriously.
Honestly you voted out because of the money you think we'll save but you don't know how much if any, we'll save.
Sorry but that is genuinely ridiculous. Do you understand now why remainers are somewhat miffed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here