Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Voted yes as a straight “it would be the best thing to do from an economic point of view “

while realising it’s not going to happen in a hurry.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I must admit, I can't see the point either.

I'm as pro EU as anyone but Watford Zero is fast becoming one of the dullest regulars on the board with this constant shite.

We get it. You're right, Brexit IS gash. But do us all a favour and stop fcking reminding us of it you boring prick.
This.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well don't bounce the thread then, let it die FFS :facepalm:

Brexit is dead, buried and nearly 8 years old. It's a very simple question on how Britain starts to build it's economy going forward that didn't really need to be bounced with any comment if it's beyond your abilities:shrug:

Or maybe you have a suggestion on how to grow the economy :lolol:
God you're a dullard. There is nothing here that couldn't have been on the Brexit thread, including your trademark inappropriate giggle rounding off another dreary self righteous post.

And I agree actually with your Brexit position. I can't imagine how boring you are for the other half.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
God you're a dullard. There is nothing here that couldn't have been on the Brexit thread, including your trademark inappropriate giggle rounding off another dreary self righteous post.

And I agree actually with your Brexit position. I can't imagine how boring you are for the other half.

Quite interesting how you get that annoyed with a post on a forum you agree with.

Quite interesting how moderators get that annoyed as well.

Has NSC entered the post post truth era, where the truth is more annoying than the post truth ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite interesting how you get that annoyed with a post on a forum you agree with.

Quite interesting how moderators get that annoyed as well.

Has NSC entered the post post truth era, where the truth is more annoying than the post truth ?
Maybe NSC has entered an era that is less tolerant of people starting more divisive threads than are necessary.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe NSC has entered an era that is less tolerant of people starting more divisive threads than are necessary.
Or perhaps an era where people are less tolerant of threads than highlight this country's descent into division ?

I'm completely comfortable with signs that say "do not walk off this cliff"

We have to be reminded of this every day.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or perhaps an era where people are less tolerant of threads than highlight this country's descent into division ?

I'm completely comfortable with signs that say "do not walk off this cliff"

We have to be reminded of this every day.
So am I. Just do it on the thread that is dedicated to that. Or if it's a wider issue caused by the Tories, do it on the "Tories are shit" thread.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So am I. Just do it on the thread that is dedicated to that. Or if it's a wider issue caused by the Tories, do it on the "Tories are shit" thread.

Surely there is more going on in your life than obsessing over "thread tidiness" on this place ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No, thread tidiness is all I think about 24/7.

Alternatively, what is the actual point of starting this thread?

My only response is you look at the concept of the vector space model run over the calculations of term frequency and inverse document frequency.

You are then deep into the micro similarities of documents relating to queries and ranking.

Personally I'd open a bottle and be rest assured that this thread will fall to the bottom if filled with other words.

My advice would be to fill this thread with the career of Chesney Hawkes post the release of The One and Only.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes there is. He bounces the Brexit thread with every miniscule incident highlighting how crap it is - all the time. That's depressing and boring enough, but it's fair enough as that's what that thread is for.

So what we don't need is ANOTHER F##KING THREAD on what is basically the same subject. It is demoralising for those of us who don't want to be reminded every 5 minutes of how disastrous Brexit is and how ignorant a large chunk of the population is.

If I want to see Twatford Zero posting uppity truths followed by tediously predictable put downs to stupid Brexit chump, Is it POTG, ended by his trademark inappropriately toe curling " :lolol: ", at least keep it on one thread.
U OK hun?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

Incredible that we threw it away eg freedom of movement to live elsewhere. Young Brits are now trapped in the ultra high property cost/rents UK. I know people who’d want to do just that. I was asked today whether Farage now sees these real world negatives and regrets Brexit. My answer, of course not …. he wanted to help billionaire friends who liked less reg.

It’s also incredible that so few serving English politicians (with clout) clammer for re-entry. Scared of the votes of the still very sizeable rump of voters who loath the EU in marginals away from leftie Brighton/London. Sad.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes.

Incredible that we threw it away eg freedom of movement to live elsewhere. Young Brits are now trapped in the ultra high property cost/rents UK. I know people who’d want to do just that. I was asked today whether Farage now sees these real world negatives and regrets Brexit. My answer, of course not …. he wanted to help billionaire friends who liked less reg.

It’s also incredible that so few serving English politicians (with clout) clammer for re-entry. Scared of the votes of the still very sizeable rump of voters who loath the EU in marginals away from leftie Brighton/London. Sad.
But what about Chesney Hawkes ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Alternatively, those that can’t be arsed to read endless posts on the Tories are Shit, Brexit or other similar long running threads or debate ad infinitum on the pros and cons of Brexit, can just take 5 seconds to vote on this thread …

Or ignore it …

It

Isn’t

Rocket

Science

It

is

a

Football

Chat

Forum

So

Let’s

Not

Take

Polls

Too

Seriously

(Sorry for the long post :lolol: )

I assume that significant numbers of NSC’ers have those threads on ignore.

For the simple reason that they come here for football, useful and happy stuff.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And your alternate suggestions to grow the economy ?
That wasn't the question you posed though was it ? You started a thread knowing the question / subject matter would most likely cause a binfest. Personally I think anyone making a thread or post for the obvious purpose to starting said binfest should get a ban.

@Frutos - please just merge with the Brexit thread now, don't wait.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That wasn't the question you posed though was it ? You started a thread knowing the question / subject matter would most likely cause a binfest. Personally I think anyone making a thread or post for the obvious purpose to starting said binfest should get a ban.

@Frutos - please just merge with the Brexit thread now, don't wait.

suarez.jpg

The question was simple. In 2024 would you join the EU Single market ? Nothing more, nothing less.

The overwhelming result of the poll will never be seen, it's been merged with the ignored thread so you can now go back to your echo chamber, completely untroubled by the effects you've had on millions of lives :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yes.

Its the Lib Dems that have me perplexed, why aren't they asking for customs unions as a starting point? I don't get get, would they lose a single existing vote if this policy was introduced?

As for young people, with Europe closed they moving to Australia in their droves largely on the back of Truss's terrible trade deal, that includes our increasingly jaded doctors and nurses.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its the Lib Dems that have me perplexed, why aren't they asking for customs unions as a starting point? I don't get get, would they lose a single existing vote if this policy was introduced?

As for young people, with Europe closed they moving to Australia in their droves largely on the back of Truss's terrible trade deal, that includes our increasingly jaded doctors and nurses.

The LibDems. Can only imagine that they’ve estimated the loss of hard core Brexiteeers in marginals eg in the SW would cost them a load of seats?

Only just noticed the merge of threads :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here