Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We have now spent nearly 8 years constantly destroying investment, our economy, our infrastructure, British businesses, the NHS, the Care Industry, Hospitality etc, widening the gap between rich and poor, and making it even more of a struggle for the poorest in society with body blow after body blow. And it's only going to get worse as we eventually implement the border controls (JRM's 'act of financial self harm') and other aspects that we have delayed and kicked into the long grass, adding still more to the cost of living as businesses continue to go to the wall.

And all as a result of a few racists, even fewer disaster capitalists and other financially well backed chancers and huge numbers of naive people being taken in by Johnson, Farage and co and told to do something stupid :dunce:

How many more years and we going to continue to punch ourselves in the face on a daily basis, destroying the fabric and infrastructure of our once great country before someone says 'enough' :shrug:
The country has a disease with no major UK political party prepared to put their hand up and admit its been a disaster with solutions how to address our ills.

In the meantime ordinary folk will continue to see declining living standards.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ask Kier

He has the chance to reverse this.

I certainly hope that he gets the chance, but don't expect to see the phrase 'joining the customs union' as that would upset too many of the electorate. He does have the 5 year review of the Brexit deal to renegotiate with the EU in 2025 and this will be a huge opportunity if he is careful how he goes about using it.

He could certainly negotiate a Brexit deal whereby the relationship has an awful lot of similarities to a Customs Union and as long as he doesn't write it on the side of a bloody bus, 52% of the electorate wouldn't realise.

In fact, as has already been proven, with the right bullshit he could probably get them claiming it was the Brexit deal that they voted for all along :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The country has a disease with no major UK political party prepared to put their hand up and admit its been a disaster with solutions how to address our ills.

In the meantime ordinary folk will continue to see declining living standards.
Ed Davey has declared the Lib Dems would back rejoining the Single Market.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Three times really - once to open the thread, once to click ‘ignore thread’ then once more to confirm the ignore :laugh:

There's always the third option :wink:

0OgPPb.gif

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'll give it 12 hours before I have to merge this with the Brexit thread because it's descended into the same tedious twats having the same tedious arguments they've been having for years.
I must admit, I can't see the point either.

I'm as pro EU as anyone but Watford Zero is fast becoming one of the dullest regulars on the board with this constant shite.

We get it. You're right, Brexit IS gash. But do us all a favour and stop fcking reminding us of it you boring prick.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm as pro EU as anyone but Watford Zero is fast becoming one of the dullest regulars on the board with this constant shite.

We get it. You're right, Brexit IS gash. But do us all a favour and stop fcking reminding us of it you boring prick.
Well don't bounce the thread then, let it die FFS :facepalm:

Brexit is dead, buried and nearly 8 years old. It's a very simple question on how Britain starts to build it's economy going forward that didn't really need to be bounced with any comment if it's beyond your abilities:shrug:

Or maybe you have a suggestion on how to grow the economy :lolol:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We are not ready as a country to apply to rejoin the single market, we would have to agree to reinstate freedom of movement, which we would have to get through parliament, and that's if they agree to let us rejoin. Aint gonna happen for at least 5-10 years min

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

There's no need for that

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blimey the idea of it is more popular than Putin!!! I'd like to rejoin but it would cause a shitstorm.

Lets be pragmatic and start with the customs union.

This would involve basically tearing up all these new crappy trade deals that damage us and get back to basics, ie trade with our neighbours with ease. Then build on it from there...

But no signs of it, instead we're a nation with our head in the sand while the country literally falls apart around us.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll give it 12 hours before I have to merge this with the Brexit thread because it's descended into the same tedious twats having the same tedious arguments they've been having for years.

And your alternate suggestions to grow the economy ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'd merge it with the hot cross bun thread because there is nothing that gets me going more than a mashup of seasonal food sadomasochistic sexualisation and UK politics.

Frankly, ask any Tory MP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's no need for that
Yes there is. He bounces the Brexit thread with every miniscule incident highlighting how crap it is - all the time. That's depressing and boring enough, but it's fair enough as that's what that thread is for.

So what we don't need is ANOTHER F##KING THREAD on what is basically the same subject. It is demoralising for those of us who don't want to be reminded every 5 minutes of how disastrous Brexit is and how ignorant a large chunk of the population is.

If I want to see Twatford Zero posting uppity truths followed by tediously predictable put downs to stupid Brexit chump, Is it POTG, ended by his trademark inappropriately toe curling " :lolol: ", at least keep it on one thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here