Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hey, I've found a Brexit benefit. After 7 years there had to be something...

THE BREXIT PUBS GUARANTEE

You deserve it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hey, I've found a Brexit benefit. After 7 years there had to be something...

THE BREXIT PUBS GUARANTEE

You deserve it

So now we have left the EU, from 1st August 2023, we can continue paying the same tax on beer in pubs as we did when we were in the EU ?

With benefits such as this, I can see how the decision was obviously a 'no brainer' :wink:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So now we have left the EU, from 1st August 2023, we can continue paying the same tax on beer in pubs as we did when we were in the EU ?

With benefits such as this, I can see how the decision was obviously a 'no brainer' :wink:
....or simply 'no brain'......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I tried

I failed

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And as I said before, my grandson's school in London was donated a dozen boxes of Brexit headed paper for the children to use for drawing is certainly a positive from Brexit. Thankful for small mercies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That is certainly the most informed, detailed and educated justification for Brexit that has been seen on this thread for some months.

From the way you have addressed the concerns on the Northern Ireland Protocol being replaced by the EU/May's first proposal, the Northern Ireland Backstop, now cleverly rebranded the 'Windsor Framework' (and still unimplementable), through the complete inability to implement any import controls to protect our borders (JRM's 'act of economic self harm'), to the raging inflation, diminishing GDP, export businesses, fishing and agriculture dying on it's arse, inability to recruit into the NHS, Care Sector, Logistics etc, it appears you have carefully considered all these issues and the numerous others caused by Brexit, and come to the answer 52/48 :dunce:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And as I said before, my grandson's school in London was donated a dozen boxes of Brexit headed paper for the children to use for drawing is certainly a positive from Brexit. Thankful for small mercies.
I’m glad people are now quoting the positives instead of sticking in the knife to Brexit. It’s unpatriotic.

I heard a chap on the wireless during the debate quoting a positive that involved something around washing machine standards legislation. I can’t remember the details but this chap seemed pretty pleased that at some point in the future in Brexit Britain, we’d be able to bin off this certain piece of legislation. He was pushed and pushed by the presenter (probably James O’Brien) for another positive but this was the one is was looking forward to as he could not think of another.

So that’s about 3 or 4 positives we’ve got now. I honestly believe there could be more and that we should be posting them on this thread for balance.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't imagine how bad it would be if Johnson hadn't 'Got Brexit Done' :dunce:

Shocking report shows Brexit deal will increase EU control 'across the whole of the UK'​

Tory MPs in the European Research Group (ERG) of Brexiteers have been told in a lengthy legal analysis today that the Brexit deal struck by Rishi Sunak on Northern Ireland fails on all its red lines and increases the power of the EU over Britain.

On sovereignty, they said: "Northern Ireland remains subject to the power and control of EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ) and EU administrative organs (such as the European Commission) in respect of goods and ancillary matters. "EU State aid law continues to apply across the whole of the UK in respect of aid which may affect Northern Ireland."

In a warning that the deal will not conclude the problems, they pointed out that any deregulation or implementation of Brexit freedoms are likely to provoke a fresh round of talks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...1&cvid=5c42ead692eb47a98c65736c7e59c706&ei=12

If only someone could have foreseen all this and highlighted it at the time ................. Oh

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I can't imagine how bad it would be if Johnson hadn't 'Got Brexit Done' :dunce:

Shocking report shows Brexit deal will increase EU control 'across the whole of the UK'​

Tory MPs in the European Research Group (ERG) of Brexiteers have been told in a lengthy legal analysis today that the Brexit deal struck by Rishi Sunak on Northern Ireland fails on all its red lines and increases the power of the EU over Britain.

On sovereignty, they said: "Northern Ireland remains subject to the power and control of EU law, the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ) and EU administrative organs (such as the European Commission) in respect of goods and ancillary matters. "EU State aid law continues to apply across the whole of the UK in respect of aid which may affect Northern Ireland."

In a warning that the deal will not conclude the problems, they pointed out that any deregulation or implementation of Brexit freedoms are likely to provoke a fresh round of talks.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/oth...1&cvid=5c42ead692eb47a98c65736c7e59c706&ei=12

If only someone could have foreseen all this and highlighted it at the time ................. Oh
Even Is it PotG? acknowledges the veracity of this post on Brexit and (for reasons that will remain forever a mystery.... probably even to him) he supported it!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even Is it PotG? acknowledges the veracity of this post on Brexit and (for reasons that will remain forever a mystery.... probably even to him) he supported it!
I am starting to wonder if @Is it PotG?'s altruistic intentions are misinterpreted. The latest budget's new Lifetime Pensions allowance has been, rather embarrassingly after all I've said about the current cabal, quite beneficial financially (although my views on this corrupt, lying cabal haven't changed one iota) :blush:

But there's @Is it PotG?, with no thought for himself personally, backing these policies from which I benefit all the way :shrug:

Maybe we've been wrong about him all along, because the only other explanation would be that he's a complete idiot and I'm sure that's not true :wink:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And yet another benefit

Commercial development of gene-edited food now legal in England​

Gene editing in England had been covered under the same tight regulation that has restricted the commercial development of GM crops under EU law. Brexit has enabled the Westminster government to relax the rules for the newer technology.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-64596453

English people can now be fed with gene edited animals. Obviously being banned elsewhere it won't do a lot for British exports, but I'm sure commercial interests won't override safety concerns. It's hardly BSE is it ? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
She really does sound as if she is telling us something we hadn't worked out for ourselves!
To be fair, it probably only has just dawned on her that being in a pan-European trading market might be a good thing. She's never struck me as someone who'd trouble Mensa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here