Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Watching Putin versus the West on BBC2 now - geez! - what a sPineless, pathetic, self-serving bunch of rubbish tHe EU was! Glad to be out of it - it even made Cameron look like he had a back bone! Sanctions? - yes, but not if they get in the way of us making money, or of they upset Putin - and no way if there are economic consequences to us and our paymasters! PATHETIC!
We’ll be back in it within ten years. Sorry to disappoint you.

And as for your claims about EU and Russian sanctions, do some reading on the lack of action of Boris’s government around sanctions. While you’re there, have a look at the ties with Russia and the Tory government and the lack of sanctions regarding Russian Tory donors and other Tory interests.

You ain’t seen nothing yet!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watching Putin versus the West on BBC2 now - geez! - what a sPineless, pathetic, self-serving bunch of rubbish tHe EU was! Glad to be out of it - it even made Cameron look like he had a back bone! Sanctions? - yes, but not if they get in the way of us making money, or of they upset Putin - and no way if there are economic consequences to us and our paymasters! PATHETIC!
What a Brexit win that is.

I'd lap up these massive victories if I were you - we'll be back where we belong in the EU within a decade or so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have read a review of this program…it doesn’t mention anything like this as a takeaway. I’m of the opinion your mind was made up before you watched it. I will watch it myself though.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012

And as for your claims about EU and Russian sanctions, do some reading on the lack of action of Boris’s government around sanctions. While you’re there, have a look at the ties with Russia and the Tory government and the lack of sanctions regarding Russian Tory donors and other Tory interests.

Come on, don’t spoil it, he really thought he’d found a positive there.
The search for a Brexit benefit continues.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you say so! :ROFLMAO:
I’d say we will be well on our way in four years.
With all due respect, your predictions of a successful Brexit are rather floundering so I won’t take your opinion on all this with a huge degree of gravitas.

Who knows. We may not return. It’s a very unpredictable world and getting more so. We may all be nought but the last howling memory of a vaporised species within the year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Can we have a Government to fix this, please :

We'll need to get a Switzerland deal ( EU not keen ) or a Norway deal ( my pick ) to replace the current rancid deal so let's get it DONE.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

The 10 year Brexit review built into the agreement with the EU is in 2026. Anything is possible when that happens. Personally, I'd rather have Starmer doing our negotiating at that than some ERG Headbanger.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What a Brexit win that is.

I'd lap up these massive victories if I were you - we'll be back where we belong in the EU within a decade or so.
Exactly this, thank god! The younger UK demographic are massively in favour of a return to the EU - its just the dewy eyed old farts, fascists and shires idiots who still want out in spite of the ever growing body of evidence that describes the disaster for what it is.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The massive advantage staying out of the EU has and the Tory party enjoys is that their supporters are either greedy profiteers who benefit from such things or they are pig ignorant and swallow all the lies.

As much as a return to the EU make sense and there is a an appetite for it, the supporters for the other side are undeniably a huge hurdle to clear.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The search for a Brexit benefit continues.
I'd much rather be in the EU than out of it.

However, as I've said on here before, my Company exports 100% of our products - the collapse of the £ against both the $ and € in June 2016 made our products become more competitive to our Customers.

We sold more, made more money, paid more Corp. tax and employed more people.

That was our Brexit benefit.

Of course, there's a lot more paperwork involved now - and I repeat I'd rather be in than out.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Now that we're in not in the EU presumably were showing some spine and morals when dealing with murderous regimes now?
Oh

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We
I'd much rather be in the EU than out of it.

However, as I've said on here before, my Company exports 100% of our products - the collapse of the £ against both the $ and € in June 2016 made our products become more competitive to our Customers.

We sold more, made more money, paid more Corp. tax and employed more people.

That was our Brexit benefit.

Of course, there's a lot more paperwork involved now - and I repeat I'd rather be in than out.
Well that is indeed a benefit for your company. But a double edged one for anyone who wants to travel or holiday overseas.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now that we're in not in the EU presumably were showing some spine and morals when dealing with murderous regimes now?
Oh

Whataboutery of the first order. The dealings with Russia were the point. :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whataboutery of the first order. The dealings with Russia were the point. :shrug:

GT49er: THE EU is so WEAK. Look at the way they pander to Russia because of their own economic interests.
keaton: Er, we do the same thing. Here's some proof.
GT49er: BAH THAT'S WHATABOUTERY

<everyone else>: The search for a Brexit benefit continues...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here