Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
brexit3.jpeg

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
l'm going to Paris and booking tickets for the Palace of Versailles, it says 18-25 year olds from EU Countries can get in free, everyone else pays full whack, so have to shell out for my 21 year old daughter. These Brexit benefits keep rolling in....

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Got EU passports for the dogs whilst in Spain 2 weeks ago.
Bloody £350 to get them over on the health certificate defra rubbish.
No more of that.
Brexit 0 - our dogs 1

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1565099591116230658[/tweet]

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
so.... simple maths, Brexit already squandered around 200bn of lost GDP in the transition period, we will continue to lose 100bn every year now and hence forth and the balancer is the supposition that exports could be boosted by 18bn in around 10 years or so from now?

[tweet]1565753336443412481[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
so.... simple maths, Brexit already squandered around 200bn of lost GDP in the transition period, we will continue to lose 100bn every year now and hence forth and the balancer is the supposition that exports could be boosted by 18bn in around 10 years or so from now?

[tweet]1565753336443412481[/tweet]

It seems, from people who know far more about this than me, that the 100Bn of lost GDP in the last 12 months equates to a reduction in tax intake of £31Bn which, coincidently is exactly equal to the cost the cost of subsidising energy costs in the UK and keeping them at the same level for the next 18 months.

Who would've thunk it :shootself

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

But let's get back to the important stuff of lightbulb wattage, sleeping bags, mittens, and batch cooking on the Main Board.

It seems that some people are always happy to have the conversation steered by others and follow loyally. I have a great millet and root vegetable stew recipe for when things get really hard :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"Smug, self satisfied prick" .....word :lolol:

Some things never change as you manage yet another sterling contribution to the Brexit debate. Having a problem with your other accounts ? :lolol:

And, back on topic

Government's £120,000,000 'Festival of Brexit' attracts just 238,000 people

Organisers of Unboxed, a government-funded, post-Brexit arts festival, intended to ‘showcase the best of British creativity’ and had initially set a ‘stretch target’ of 66 million attendees.Yet, a recent investigation revealed that after six months, four of the events had managed to attract just 238,000 visitors in total.

Both punters and organisers have shunned the notion of a Brexit-themed festival since it was first announced by Theresa May in 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/government-s-120-000-000-festival-of-brexit-attracts-just-238-000-people/ar-AA11mL2J?ocid=EMMX&cvid=7a7ac1baa3374d9098cc2bc7cba51ea8

So it has cost the taxpayer £500 per visitor during a cost of living crises. Those Brexit benefits keep rolling in :facepalm:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And so it continues - death by a thousand cuts :shootself

It was a Brexit ‘export champion’. Now Kent brewery has one EU customer left

A Kent brewery chosen to help champion export opportunities for the government after Brexit has revealed that burdensome customs checks and paperwork have left it with just one remaining customer in the EU. The Old Dairy Brewery in Kent – a Department for International Trade export champion for the south-east – appeared in a government video last year promoting the potential to boost Brexit export sales.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/it-was-a-brexit-export-champion-now-kent-brewery-has-one-eu-customer-left/ar-AA11rKHA?cvid=8bf78d43026d44aab5ec9967543239c5

They've now finally realised, but to be frank it stuns me the number of people who didn't understand how their own businesses operated :dunce:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Meanwhile, as inflation soars and GDP crashes

EU and UK could ‘have another go’ at Brexit talks, says NI minister

Hopes that Brexit talks between the EU and the UK could restart after nine months of paralysis were raised over the weekend after Northern Ireland minister Conor Burns held talks with the European Commission vice-president Maroš Šefčovič.

The protracted row over the Northern Ireland protocol has ruptured relations with the EU and has led to the near collapse of the Stormont assembly, with the Democratic Unionist party refusing to re-enter the executive government until the Brexit arrangements for the country change.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eu-and-uk-could-have-another-go-at-brexit-talks-says-ni-minister/ar-AA11qrRO?cvid=299c51c6525c4783b80b7e90fc1642a3

Who voted to 'Get Brexit Done' ?

You really couldn't make it up :lolol:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Meanwhile, as inflation soars and GDP crashes

EU and UK could ‘have another go’ at Brexit talks, says NI minister

Hopes that Brexit talks between the EU and the UK could restart after nine months of paralysis were raised over the weekend after Northern Ireland minister Conor Burns held talks with the European Commission vice-president Maroš Šefčovič.

The protracted row over the Northern Ireland protocol has ruptured relations with the EU and has led to the near collapse of the Stormont assembly, with the Democratic Unionist party refusing to re-enter the executive government until the Brexit arrangements for the country change.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/eu-and-uk-could-have-another-go-at-brexit-talks-says-ni-minister/ar-AA11qrRO?cvid=299c51c6525c4783b80b7e90fc1642a3

Who voted to 'Get Brexit Done' ?

You really couldn't make it up :lolol:

Boris leaves number 10 with a fanfare for getting Brexit done, it's an extremely loose term.

I might incorporate Borisims into my every day life, it can be very useful. If I get the shopping I can say I got Dinner done or if I drive to work and sit at my desk I can say I got my work done, then just go home. Take any task you like, add some input even if you just thought about it for a second, then translate that as "done", add some incoherent waffle inbetween as some kind of reasoning, then congratulate yourself

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
l'm going to Paris and booking tickets for the Palace of Versailles, it says 18-25 year olds from EU Countries can get in free, everyone else pays full whack, so have to shell out for my 21 year old daughter. These Brexit benefits keep rolling in....

Is there a competition to find the most trivial reason to stay in the EU? If only the people had been told that Miss McNob would have had to pay to go to Versailles (or rather let her parents pay for her) then would it have made the difference?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is there a competition to find the most trivial reason to stay in the EU? If only the people had been told that Miss McNob would have had to pay to go to Versailles (or rather let her parents pay for her) then would it have made the difference?

Jacob Rees-Mogg was appointed Minister for Brexit Benefits. He even appealed to readers of the Sun to email him with their newly discovered benefits.
They found none, not one.
That ministerial post is now defunct.

Promises like removing VAT from energy bills totally ignored and many others like ‘Nobody is talking about leaving the Single Market’ proven to be outright lies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You've gone a couple of pages back to find that post and yet you totally ignore the £31B per year lost as a direct result of Brexit a couple of posts above yours :dunce:

It seems, from people who know far more about this than me, that the 100Bn of lost GDP in the last 12 months equates to a reduction in tax intake of £31Bn which, coincidently is exactly equal to the cost the cost of subsidising energy costs in the UK and keeping them at the same level for the next 18 months.

Who would've thunk it :shootself

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

But let's get back to the important stuff of lightbulb wattage, sleeping bags, mittens, and batch cooking on the Main Board.

It seems that some people are always happy to have the conversation steered by others and follow loyally. I have a great millet and root vegetable stew recipe for when things get really hard :lolol:

It's as if this post was written specifically for you :lolol:

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You've gone a couple of pages back to find that post and yet you totally ignore the £31B per year lost as a direct result of Brexit a couple of posts above yours :dunce:

It's as if this post was written specifically for you :lolol:

It's hard to argue with a post that says GDP is down by £100bn per year and links a report saying that the total economy is down by £31bn. I lose track of which particular guess I'm supposed to be commenting on.

What I would like to see challenged is these people who are having to pay so much extra for paperwork. Some fish exporter on there says that he is having to pay over £100,000 per year extra admin to fill in forms. Bearing in mind that all EU exports had forms to fill in anyway (though the report does imply that within the EU, there was no paperwork at all and the idea of filling in forms is new), why the extra expense? I used to work for a company that exported to over 100 countries and the same computer worked for form-filling for both, and the non-EU wasn't noticeably more expensive than the EU. Why is the EU form filling so vastly more expensive than non-EU?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here