Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's scarcely more "overwhelmingly white" than Brighton, and I know that Brighton has a lot of semis and Victorian terraces. Maybe you don't allow people in council houses - is that the difference between Brighton and Ashford? I wouldn't know. I presume it's money that makes you better?

I do accept your assessment of your own likeability, though. Certainly people like you, if you're the same in real life as you are in person, would be very hard to get on with.

I understand that you appear to be in a Brexit-gammon seething fury over my post, but 'in person' and 'in real life' are one and the same thing are they not? :shrug:

My point was the demographic of Ashford is one that would benefit hugely from the town being a hub for engagement with the EU, and by voting leave and having the bloody trains all whizzing past, they are now about to be ****ed. Voting for that was an act of mass delusion.

As you correctly surmise, I'm not remotely sorry for them, either. I think they were fools and they are about to pay the price.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm willing to bet he is exactly the same in real life as he is in person.

:lolol:

As I sometimes write on badly written student essays: "You didn't poofread that, did you?"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I understand that you appear to be in a Brexit-gammon seething fury over my post, but 'in person' and 'in real life' are one and the same thing are they not? :shrug:

My point was the demographic of Ashford is one that would benefit hugely from the town being a hub for engagement with the EU, and by voting leave and having the bloody trains all whizzing past, they are now about to be ****ed. Voting for that was an act of mass delusion.

As you correctly surmise, I'm not remotely sorry for them, either. I think they were fools and they are about to pay the price.

Same here, **** 'em. It's the will of the people, this is what they wanted. I'm sure they'll get over it...after all they won.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

" I think they were fools and they are about to pay the price."

:laugh:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
No need. They still have millions of followers prepared to believe anything. Weird, but true. There are millions out there untouched by the energy crisis, more than ready to blame any issues on militant strikers. The Mail yesterday was attacking the lawyers who are striking. I wouldn't read the article, obviously - it was flashed on the telly - but one cannot doubt the inclusion of 'all pull together' and 'difficult global situation' and perhaps even 'fat cat'.....

We may feel that the current tory leadership and advisors are beneath contemplation, but here is Bernard Ingham, one of Thatcher's most cunning and dedicated supporters, demonstrating his ability to believe any old [deleted] for an opportunity to grandstand (and be paid a few quid):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ZqozoeOMw

Is this the same Bernard Ingham, member of the Fabian Society, Labour candidate for parliament, press secretary to Tony Benn?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this the same Bernard Ingham, member of the Fabian Society, Labour candidate for parliament, press secretary to Tony Benn?

It's where you end up that defines you, not where you start from.

Oswald Mosely also started out as a Labour man. As did David Steele, Reg Prentice, and Woodrow Wyatt. The direction of travel epitomises what a bunch of rotters they all were, to paraphrase Steve Jones ???

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It's where you end up that defines you, not where you start from.

Oswald Mosely also started out as a Labour man. As did David Steele, Reg Prentice, and Woodrow Wyatt. The direction of travel epitomises what a bunch of rotters they all were, to paraphrase Steve Jones ???

Fair enough. Even Viscount Stansgate turned into Anthony Wedgewood Benn and then Tony Benn before reverting to type and carefully arranging his will to avoid paying Inheritance Tax. So perhaps he ended up as Viscount Stansgate again!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
EU lovers are presumably going to ignore that with or without Brexit, the last few years would have been quite shite.

As someone who lives in a EU country, I can confirm that despite us being part of this cozy utopian union, most people around me haven't had the time of their life in the last few years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
EU lovers are presumably going to ignore that with or without Brexit, the last few years would have been quite shite.

As someone who lives in a EU country, I can confirm that despite us being part of this cozy utopian union, most people around me haven't had the time of their life in the last few years.

Yes, but did you vote for it to be a bit more shite?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, but did you vote for it to be a bit more shite?

Nope, I was too young to vote back in 1995. Joining the EU is the worst mistake Sweden did in the last 50 years apart from deregulating the financial markets in the 80s. Its a hyper-capitalistic right-wing dream and I really can't see why people would be part of the scam that is EU.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nope, still not improved. Life has turned to shite, in fact.

What a total waste of time and effort it was.

No increase in prosperity or standard of living for the man in the street. Absolutely pointless.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nope, still not improved. Life has turned to shite, in fact.

What a total waste of time and effort it was.

No increase in prosperity or standard of living for the man in the street. Absolutely pointless.

Would UK be the only country (because the pandemic has not been great for anyone in this regard) with increase in prosperity and standard of living if you didn't leave? Why?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would UK be the only country (because the pandemic has not been great for anyone in this regard) with increase in prosperity and standard of living if you didn't leave? Why?
It couldn't possibly be any worse if we'd stayed in the EU.

So it was a total waste of time to leave.

Zero improvements or benefits to the man in the street.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

1_ERarZ75RoWF8Vn-_AlEmaA.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A vote for Brexit was essentially a vote to put the UK into decline.

Who knows where the UK will be in a decade, if it still exists at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough. Even Viscount Stansgate turned into Anthony Wedgewood Benn and then Tony Benn before reverting to type and carefully arranging his will to avoid paying Inheritance Tax. So perhaps he ended up as Viscount Stansgate again!

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here