Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I want what is materially best for the majority of people in this country; this particular form of Brexit does not provide that. Now..... what do you want?

You want to change a democratic referendum result because you believe it will be better for others?

I wish I could change a lot of things in others interests.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You want to change a democratic referendum result because you believe it will be better for others?

I wish I could change a lot of things in others interests.

No.... let's try again.
The referendum never stipulated which particular form of Brexit was on offer; it was just in/out. It is now clear that some Brexit terms are better than others.

We cannot turn back the clock even though there was a lot of disinformation in 2016 (on both sides); but within the Brexit options there are some more preferable than others and this one is very, very poor.

However dogma amongst the Brexit ultras refuses to allow any modifications.

If you want to change things in other people's interests you could acknowledge some basic changes to the arrangements need to be made. But I am not expecting the cult of Brexit will allow you to do that.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Struggling to find New Potatoes at the moment ? Is there something kind of problem ?

Usually it's the Egyptian spuds harvested first, then Cyprus , then Spanish/French and then Jersey Royals and finally Cornish... we should be at the Spanish stage by now surely ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Struggling to find New Potatoes at the moment ? Is there something kind of problem ?

Usually it's the Egyptian spuds harvested first, then Cyprus , then Spanish/French and then Jersey Royals and finally Cornish... we should be at the Spanish stage by now surely ?

Tried Rwanda? That would be my guess.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
David Davies claiming the reason Brexit has failed is because we got a 'remainers Brexit'.

These people are now beginning to sound insane. They negotiated for the hardest possible Brexit and told everyone it was a grest deal. And now they're blaming remainers? Utterly risible.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
David Davies claiming the reason Brexit has failed is because we got a 'remainers Brexit'.

These people are now beginning to sound insane. They negotiated for the hardest possible Brexit and told everyone it was a grest deal. And now they're blaming remainers? Utterly risible.
They have to somehow keep all the plates spinning and its getting harder and harder to do. The first small rumblings of discontent are slowly coming out.

Looking forward to the new NI Protocol policy and wondering if suddenly they have discovered some kind of Shrodinger's Cat solution that can possibly create a trade border without a physical border.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Blimey.

They've resorted to the *thick as mince* gambit already.

Lol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Carole Cadwalladr has won against Aaron Banks's effort to sue her for libel. It is a triumph for investigative journalism.

[tweet]1536279013450186752[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Carole Cadwalladr has won against Aaron Banks's effort to sue her for libel. It is a triumph for investigative journalism.

Good stuff.

That poor woman has gone through so much stress just for trying to inform the nation.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Meanwhile in the rest of the world

Russia and China have opened the first Bridge between the two countries connecting the two nations super highways, enabling faster frictionless trade.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Hardly, the ruling means that whilst there was no evidence to support Cadwallers claims of Russian interference, (a point the judge held up) the claims did not defame Banks because the allegations would only have been consumed by people in Cadwhallers “echo chamber”……..and therefore that group held a low opinion of Banks already.

In a nutshell…….unsubstantiated lies being made public in the press is hardly a triumph of investigative journalism.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

A victory for free speech, we can't have journalists being supressed by the rich and powerful

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here