Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    363.8 KB · Views: 65

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bizarrely there hasn’t been a post on the Brexit thread for 2days, that must be a record, strange times indeed.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed this post until today, but you're absolutely right and, further to that, there have been no posts on here trying to defend Brexit for weeks.

You don't think that, rather like the Johnson voters on the main board threads, after 6 years the penny has finally dropped in the last few weeks

money-coins.gif

Strange times indeed :wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And just like that, whilst everyone else is looking the other way, the British government quietly sorts out the fishing licences they should have sorted out last year.
They blustered, they sent in the Naval boats to Jersey, and got our boats impounded in Le Havre, but now doing the right thing after all that posturing.
Remember, we lost the Cod war in the 70s as well.

[tweet]1469956039642656772[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Surprise surprise, slamming the door on our nearest trading bloc has made us worse off!

I think when Johnson goes ( and it can't be long) the next PM has to hold their hands up, admit it's been a terrible mistake and that we were lied to and pledge to work to reunification with the EU as soon as possible.

I wish...... but like the terminally Brexit on here, there are many refuseniks who will certainly resist pragmatic u-turns away from their unicorn aspirations

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
And just like that, whilst everyone else is looking the other way, the British government quietly sorts out the fishing licences they should have sorted out last year.
They blustered, they sent in the Naval boats to Jersey, and got our boats impounded in Le Havre, but now doing the right thing after all that posturing.
Remember, we lost the Cod war in the 70s as well.

[tweet]1469956039642656772[/tweet]

Who would have guessed?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
It isn't sadly predictable that fruitcakes like Steve Baker, who with his ERG pals engineered the worst of all possible Brexits with disastrous effects on the economy, is now doing his level best to produce a health disaster via the CRG? Well done guys - history will be proud of you.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sorry, I hadn't noticed this post until today, but you're absolutely right and, further to that, there have been no posts on here trying to defend Brexit for weeks.

You don't think that, rather like the Johnson voters on the main board threads, after 6 years the penny has finally dropped in the last few weeks

View attachment 142734

Strange times indeed :wink:

The picture presumably represents the UK's GDP post Brexit?

Jan 30, 2008
The Left are going down the Pan with their anti Brexit stance, the majority of people in this country have accepted it and are getting on with their lives as best they can under current Covid issues .

Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Left are going down the Pan with their anti Brexit stance, the majority of people in this country have accepted it and are getting on with their lives as best they can under current Covid issues .

Regards
DF

Is this the parody account or the real one?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Regards
DVDA

The left (and I assume you mean extreme left, like Corbyn) are anti EU. I'm a labour party member and I've moved on, and share your concerns over Covid. The extreme left are as irrelevant as the extreme right :thumbsup:

This doesn't mean people can't ask where the £350 million a day went, and why our control of our borders is now far worse than before we left the EU, though. All fair questions. I expect to see some Brexit bonus. What we have got so far is a bit like 5p off Black Forest Gateau at Iceland. This is a criticism of the Boris gang rather than any argument about the EU itself - we can all see that that horse has bolted :shrug:

If you want to bash 'the left' it would be helpful to know exactly who you mean by 'left' and what it is thay are saying. And please don't post some weird fake news youtube link. Mainstream people, please :wink:.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Dublin’s Lo-Lo port boom reveals shift in Ireland’s trade after Brexit (Financial Times)

From a vantage point above Dublin port, Eamonn O’Reilly can see how Brexit is changing the terms of Ireland’s trade.

Rising rapidly in importance at Dublin is what O’Reilly, the port’s chief executive, says is “Lo-Lo traffic” — unaccompanied containers that are lifted on to ships and then lifted off at their port of destination.

Lo-Lo’s counterpart, “Ro-Ro” — where containers are sent on the back of lorries and roll on to and off ships — is on the decline. Ro-Ro freight was mainly bound for Great Britain, Ireland’s traditional trading partner, and the shift is a sign of how Ireland’s biggest port — and the country’s economy — is pivoting to focus on continental Europe.

“When you’re going longer distances to continental Europe, [Lo-Lo] is more viable because it’s cheaper,” O’Reilly said in an interview overlooking a yard that will soon be expanded to take account of changing trade patterns. A new phase of the port’s overall €1.6bn 30-year expansion master plan, announced in November, includes a plan for Ireland’s largest Lo-Lo container terminal.

Prior to Brexit Dublin’s main importance for trade with continental Europe was its position as the gateway to a “land bridge” via the UK. Trucks carrying freight would cross the Irish Sea and traverse Britain before moving on to France or other parts of the EU.

Now post-Brexit checks are pushing many hauliers to divert exports from Dublin directly to the EU, bypassing the UK entirely. Since the UK left the EU at the start of this year, Lo-Lo volumes from Dublin have risen 14 per cent compared with the same period last year, according to port data.

Dublin Port’s trade is now split 50-50 between the UK and EU, whereas prior to Brexit, trade with British ports accounted for roughly two-thirds of volumes, O’Reilly said.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The left (and I assume you mean extreme left, like Corbyn) are anti EU. I'm a labour party member and I've moved on, and share your concerns over Covid. The extreme left are as irrelevant as the extreme right :thumbsup:

This doesn't mean people can't ask where the £350 million a day went, and why our control of our borders is now far worse than before we left the EU, though. All fair questions. I expect to see some Brexit bonus. What we have got so far is a bit like 5p off Black Forest Gateau at Iceland. This is a criticism of the Boris gang rather than any argument about the EU itself - we can all see that that horse has bolted :shrug:

If you want to bash 'the left' it would be helpful to know exactly who you mean by 'left' and what it is thay are saying. And please don't post some weird fake news youtube link. Mainstream people, please :wink:.

Agreed. I'm ancient enough to have been around at the time of the first referendum and cast my (left wing, long haired, student) vote against membership. There were some strange bedfellows including Enoch Powell, who might still incidentally have a small fanbase on this thread. Luckily in 1975 the Great British Public exhibited a bit more pragmatism than their 2016 equivalents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here