Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I wonder who amongst a tiny number of the terminally faithful responded to this poll with 'Brexit is going very well'? Why would anyone think that?

It's binary thinking. They "won" and it's all over now. The paper told them so. The fact that the prize is a shit sandwich doesn't matter a jot. They're chowing down on that bad boy with gusto.

And now they have the appropriate smell coming out of their mouths when they keep telling people to "move on" and "get over it".

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Alas no, but unlike your good self and Watford GAP, I am rapidly learning that lost art of the post 'edit'

If I was paranoid and didn't know better, it might even be the same person.

Great to note you have returned to chat.

Are you here to debate the thread topic this time?

By the way, is there anything wrong with post editing, especially if you are endorsing a person for confidential support? If you habitually give my comments a ‘thumbs up’ how would you like me to recognise it?

Many thanks for another confidential vote of support…. Now let’s try and take this to the next level, if you can. Stay on topic and show open agreement……

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think its fair to say the Vote Leave government have had a little intro of what life will be like from the French when they take over the EU Presidency. I expect less tolerance for the constant populist grand standing from Johnson and his group of dishonest actors

And of course France have politics too, their own racists to keep plus an election.

Anyway, the signal is pretty clear, time to grow up

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Great to note you have returned to chat.

Are you here to debate the thread topic this time?

By the way, is there anything wrong with post editing, especially if you are endorsing a person for confidential support? If you habitually give my comments a ‘thumbs up’ how would you like me to recognise it?

To be fair, towards the end of yet another 15 hour day on NSC, I can imagine you could lose focus on what you're saying or what thread you're on :lolol:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Even as a convinced Remainer, I was no fan of the EU's Common Agricultural Policy and even harboured hopes that our homegrown replacement might deliver better green outcomes - and indeed that was how it was sold.
Today some details emerged - and received a collective groan for the various environmental lobbies.
Another case of over-promising and under-delivering.................(?)

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-for-looking-after-soil-health-from-next-year

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even as a convinced Remainer, I was no fan of the EU's Common Agricultural Policy and even harboured hopes that our homegrown replacement might deliver better green outcomes - and indeed that was how it was sold.
Today some details emerged - and received a collective groan for the various environmental lobbies.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-for-looking-after-soil-health-from-next-year

Its interesting that leaving the CAP has the "potential" to create opportunity...

Despite this no one from NSC leave collective has ever attempted to Champion it as a Brexit benefit. How can this be, surely they all knew what they were voting for?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I don't imagine there was anyone who liked every aspect of the EU and consequently, you would think that there must be some Brexit benefits somewhere, but no, the 'team' who lead the referendum and then implemented the result have managed to make such a complete and utter f*** up of the whole thing, that even the simplest Benefits can't be achieved.

As I said some years ago, much nearer the beginning of this thread

I suspect I have a lot more in common with you than some of the remainers.

I've never been a big fan of the EU but see it as a necessary evil in a 21st century multi-national world with multi-national corporations. National governments just get out manoeuvred at every turn.

What we really should have done was take MEPs seriously and elected people who would fight for Britain rather than the amateurs and swivel-eyed loons that never turned up and wore a f***ing union flag!

I still can't believe so many people believed an amateur politician that couldn't even get himself elected as a Tory and then scared Cameron into this whole farce :facepalm:

But it wasn't sufficient idiocy to vote for this bunch of idiots to win the referendum with no idea of what they were going to do, we then went and voted for them again to negotiate and implement something that they couldn't define and, as has become blindingly apparent, didn't understand :dunce:

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite.

Even if a significant proportion don't ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1465735362039451656[/tweet]

I highlighted this at the time on here and a took a lot of abuse from memory from some posters (many of whom have since fled to the hills)

Could have easily happened in a red wall town, instead they opted for self harm

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I highlighted this at the time on here and a took a lot of abuse from memory from some posters (many of whom have since fled to the hills)

Could have easily happened in a red wall town, instead they opted for self harm

...just a bunch of 'Richards' then, or should that be 'dicks'?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good news is bad news

https://youtu.be/dVWRV35EgOU

����

Regards
DF

A rather one-sided analysis, surprise, surprise. Sure, these things are changing with Brexit. But life is not quite as simple (simplistic) as portrayed by the Daily Express and friends.

For a rather more in-depth and reliable analysis please see:

https://www.pinsentmasons.com/out-law/guides/a-short-guide-public-procurement-post-brexit-uk

PS the procurement practices during Covid hardly gave grounds for optimism on the matter of awarding lucrative contracts to British firms!!

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And the US have said they won't consider lifting Tariffs on UK until there is a solution to the Northern Ireland Protocol :shootself
Quite right too.

The US is a guarantor of the Good Friday Agreement so they can't let Johnson and Frost wreck the NI Protocol.

I just wish England could have as good a Brexit deal as Northern Ireland - which would remove the need for the protocol anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Quite right too.

The US is a guarantor of the Good Friday Agreement so they can't let Johnson and Frost wreck the NI Protocol.

I just wish England could have as good a Brexit deal as Northern Ireland - which would remove the need for the protocol anyway.

I think that all we had to do was 1,align with EU standards, and 2 ,accept the European Court of Justice as the legal arbiter of any legal disputes from 1.

Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here