Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So no agreement on financial services equivalence.

Rishi - Lets deal with China

Bonne chance...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Post-Brexit talks on City access to EU have stalled, Sunak reveals

Addressing a hand-picked gathering of 40 young financial workers at a slimmed-down version of what was, in the days before the pandemic, a landmark annual gathering, the chancellor warned that a post-Brexit deal to reach a comprehensive financial services settlement with the EU “has not happened”. Suggesting the UK would pivot away from Europe, Sunak said he would build instead on deals such as a partnership on financial services signed with Singapore earlier this week – with plans to grow business in the Indo-Pacific, the US, and in China.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/post-brexit-talks-on-city-access-to-eu-have-stalled-sunak-reveals/ar-AALFkUM?ocid=mailsignout

So the Singapore style race to the bottom is just beginning, just as everyone with any sense whatsoever knew it would. And one with no sense didn't
I have no understanding! :lolol::facepalm: Yeah, he's just one of 'JRM's deregulators trying to set up a British Singapore' ...

Staley also said that deregulation wasn’t the answer to maintaining London’s competitiveness as a global financial centre.

Regulation “protects the financial industry” and “makes the bank safer,” he said. “I wouldn’t burn one piece of regulation.”
but given he couldn't see the Irish sea border coming either, even though he voted for it, it's hardly a surprise :dunce:

And I wonder what the other two wise monkeys Baker lite and Ppf's views are on equivalence and passporting within the financial services industry. It'll probably be a link to some marketing twitter account that has nothing to do with Brexit (if the link actually works) and a lot more crayons taking a one way trip through the alimentary canal :lolol:

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Over 320 posts and still not a single, sensible reply to the original question.
Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that no-one's life has been improved (although everyone is well aware that it's been detrimental to many).
Oh, well. :)

To be fair, when it comes to Ppf, I doubt it could have got much worse. How does the life of an unemployed,racist, anti-Semitic, ex football hooligan with a Nazi fetish who spends most of his time posting on a football sub forum to other racist morons and people who think he’s a ****, get any worse?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that no-one's life has been improved (although everyone is well aware that it's been detrimental to many).

Tbf Orange it would have helped if the OP hadn’t ****ed up the thread title.

[emoji2357] Was always going to be a thread full of the usual trolls from both sides of the divide.

I guess if the title was “6 months on, has your life improved “ doesn’t sound too good nor does “Referendum vote, 5 years on has your life improved “ is also shit, still Old Nick didn’t realise that did he[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The usual Brexiteer trolls were on here celebrating the five year anniversary of the referendum and its wasn’t a one off event, it’s been a process that began when the referendum was announced. So it seems reasonable for the OP to frame his question in terms of five years.
I realise the brexiteers on here are saying “it’s only six months” in order to frame this as if it’s been a short time and we are yet to feel the benefit. However, I think deep down most know it’s started badly and is going to get worse. Which is not a reality the very small minority or ostriches on here want to accept. Even though they helped create the situation. Strange. But also, not strange.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The usual Brexiteer trolls were on here celebrating the five year anniversary of the referendum and its wasn’t a one off event, it’s been a process that began when the referendum was announced. So it seems reasonable for the OP to frame his question in terms of five years.
I realise the brexiteers on here are saying “it’s only six months” in order to frame this as if it’s been a short time and we are yet to feel the benefit. However, I think deep down most know it’s started badly and is going to get worse. Which is not a reality the very small minority or ostriches on here want to accept. Even though they helped create the situation. Strange. But also, not strange.

You’re a Irish passport holder.. you’re still in the EU.. keep your hooter out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You’re a Irish passport holder.. you’re still in the EU.. keep your hooter out.

I hold an Irish and a British passport and I live in England. I have dual citizenship, dumbo. Anyway, I thought you didn’t think of me? Strange way of showing it. Keep your hooter out? You couldn’t if you tried.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I hold an Irish and a British passport and I live in England. I have dual citizenship, dumbo. Anyway, I thought you didn’t think of me? Strange way of showing it. Keep your hooter out? You couldn’t if you tried.

Top of the morning to you to!..
You seem quite aggressive today? Chill, it’s Friday [emoji1303]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Top of the morning to you to!..
You seem quite aggressive today? Chill, it’s Friday [emoji1303]

Again, you try all these corny lines "Why so angry, "why so aggressive"? You don't believe them anymore than anyone else does. It's a very poor substitute for actually putting forward an argument. It doesn't work on anyone.

Anyway, daft to spend any time arguing with a wally like you. My cat has more intelligent things to say for himself than you :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My cat has more intelligent things to say for himself than you :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Ive heard prrr [emoji76]

500775b1222674b7b43d4aa649f172d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Again, you try all these corny lines "Why so angry, "why so aggressive"? You don't believe them anymore than anyone else does. It's a very poor substitute for actually putting forward an argument. It doesn't work on anyone.

Anyway, daft to spend any time arguing with a wally like you. My cat has more intelligent things to say for himself than you :lolol::lolol::lolol:

No need for an argument..
We’re both glad that decency won the day in Batley and Spen.. no argument from me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Addressing a hand-picked gathering of 40 young financial workers at a slimmed-down version of what was, in the days before the pandemic, a landmark annual gathering, the chancellor warned that a post-Brexit deal to reach a comprehensive financial services settlement with the EU “has not happened”. Suggesting the UK would pivot away from Europe, Sunak said he would build instead on deals such as a partnership on financial services signed with Singapore earlier this week – with plans to grow business in the Indo-Pacific, the US, and in China.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/post-brexit-talks-on-city-access-to-eu-have-stalled-sunak-reveals/ar-AALFkUM?ocid=mailsignout

So the Singapore style race to the bottom is just beginning, just as everyone with any sense whatsoever knew it would. And one with no sense didn't
but given he couldn't see the Irish sea border coming either, even though he voted for it, it's hardly a surprise :dunce:

And I wonder what the other two wise monkeys Baker lite and Ppf's views are on equivalence and passporting within the financial services industry. It'll probably be a link to some marketing twitter account that has nothing to do with Brexit (if the link actually works) and a lot more crayons taking a one way trip through the alimentary canal :lolol:

Still incredible Johnson's deal give the EU what they wanted on goods where they have the huge trade surplus, ie no tariffs, no quotas

But on services where we have the surplus its essentially no deal

Just imagine how bad it could have been if we'd hadn't held all the cards?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

I get more spending power in the UK these days when converting Czech Koruna to Sterling. Why are Brexiteers scared to talk about their life improvements?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

Don't forget, JCFG also voted to leave to stop the Euro replacing the GBP, and to stop 100m Turkish people coming here.

He saw two things that wouldn't happen, but not the one that everybody could see.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Taking back control update
[tweet]1410965901487362054[/tweet]

He is actually listing all the issues with the Northern Ireland Protocol that HE proposed, negotiated and signed off to the leader of an EU country. I don't believe there are words to begin to describe any aspect of this whole Idiotic and total farce from beginning to end :dunce:

My favourite bit at 31 seconds - 'Imagine if Bratwurst could not be moved from Dortmund to Dusseldorf, you would think it absolutely extraordinary'. Well that's exactly what YOU proposed, negotiated and signed off in order to 'Get Brexit Done' you Moron :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here