Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As someone who would much rather be in the EU, and runs a business exporting materials (worldwide, not just to Europe) I must admit things have been pretty good. (yes, I'm surprised)

The fall in the value of Sterling 5 years ago boosted our sales hugely, we've enjoyed record business in the last 5 years (although Sterling is now pretty much back to what it was 5 years ago)

The increase in paperwork in January / February was a pain - but that's pretty much smoothed out now. If you know how to export worldwide, Europe is still a doddle.

The problems with NI are IMO the real issue - it simply wasn't thought through (by the UK and the EU)

I'd still rather be in it though.

Yes not a disaster for all

The deal on goods is tariff and quota free so apart from the extra costs and red tape I'd expect things to be fairly straight forward (bar agric and fisheries which are a bit of disaster), this of course good news for the EU as they have a large trade surplus with us. We also awarded the EU with a 6 month breather without any customs checks into the UK as we are in unprepared for our self imposed deadline - a welcome gift

Services are a different story, the thing were really good and where we have the trade surplus and effectively have no deal.

Still not sure where the trade hole will be filled, USA only hope really, the rest is largely away with the fairies

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Five years on and a small group haven't come to terms with a Democratic vote ,yes FIVE years..... LMFAO
🇬🇧

Regards
DF

Five years on and and even smaller group haven't come to terms with the massive costs/problems your so-called 'win' has (and continues to) cause. Yes, FIVE years and your only tangible benefit (in your glazed eyes) is a shiny new blue passport.

LMFAO

What a silly little nazi boy you are.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
As someone who would much rather be in the EU, and runs a business exporting materials (worldwide, not just to Europe) I must admit things have been pretty good. (yes, I'm surprised)

The fall in the value of Sterling 5 years ago boosted our sales hugely, we've enjoyed record business in the last 5 years (although Sterling is now pretty much back to what it was 5 years ago)

The increase in paperwork in January / February was a pain - but that's pretty much smoothed out now. If you know how to export worldwide, Europe is still a doddle.

The problems with NI are IMO the real issue - it simply wasn't thought through (by the UK and the EU)

I'd still rather be in it though.

The pound tanking was a negative consequence of the uncertainty after the referendum, not sure we can mark it down as a benefit.

I would have thought your worldwide sales would have rocketed now - is that not the case?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Five years on and and even smaller group haven't come to terms with the massive costs/problems your so-called 'win' has (and continues to) cause. Yes, FIVE years and your only tangible benefit (in your glazed eyes) is a shiny new blue passport.

LMFAO

What a silly little nazi boy you are.

Don't be such a bitter orange, try and be a little more Seville.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5.5m EU citizens living in the UK, have applied for UK settled status.

The BBC said it was only ever believed that a peak of 3.5m lived here.

Add those reticent to make themselves known for personal reasons.

It’s interesting that we’re still a good bet. Young-ish EU callers to LBC today said that they love the vibrancy of life here and the melting pot of so many different nationalities.

Brexit-Remain battles aside, genuinely, isn’t it great that newcomers love living here?

Our population is always stated at 66-67m, shirley approaching 70m in reality.

We better get building all those new homes we need.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
o2 announce reintroduction of roaming charges for Brits travelling into the EU. Yet another expensive reason to not go there for us Brits, that'll learn em.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No surprise to see the afflicted still chunterring away posting the same old nonsense.

As its such a special day today I wonder if the 5th column collective will be meeting up for an anniversary knees up this evening....

#worstpartyever

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No surprise to see the afflicted still chunterring away posting the same old nonsense.

As its such a special day today I wonder if the 5th column collective will be meeting up for an anniversary knees up this evening....

#worstpartyever

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

And what is the NSCs most ardent unionist's suggestion for an alternative to NIP (did your other account get embarrassed ?) :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No surprise to see the same worn out phraseology from the same old sources aimed at Europhile voices....

Trying to take out the opposition rather than arguing a case is all that is left to the 'Brexit Vinnie Jones' characters now.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Five years ago today.
Happy Independence Day everyone [emoji636]
f3b5aa76a93c4c3e114c8aa3f390ca1a.jpg

Global Britain is booming [emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
o2 announce reintroduction of roaming charges for Brits travelling into the EU. Yet another expensive reason to not go there for us Brits, that'll learn em.
Fully expected, it was only on the authority of the EU that it stopped in the first place. The rest of the phone companies will probably follow quite quickly now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
England vs Germany likely to be a good early test of the whole "Brexit wasn't really all about xenophobia" lie.

Sorry, argument.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit 5 years on - How has your life improved??

So has anything really got better "because" of Brexit for you? (please no in spite of examples).

Kindly keep all observations of what's more broadly happening in Brexit Britain on the Brexit thread please....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here