Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
funny how Brexiters say you should move on yet they are the only ones who talk about the referendum
No NSC user under 23 will have had a say in that referendum. It becomes less and less relevant as time marches on.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
5 years ago to the day :shootself

CllgWCeWYAAhMDv.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
funny how Brexiters say you should move on yet they are the only ones who talk about the referendum

Maybe they should tell Lord Frost to move on, the NI protocol is signed, sealed and agreed after 5 years of the UK having a domestic tantrum

Either that or apply to re-join the SM for the whole of the UK. But with a UK - AU trade deal worth 0.02% GDP over 15 years why the hell would you do that?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
LOL....

https://www.silkroadbriefing.com/ne...slands-become-the-new-asia-pacific-hong-kong/

The UK’s ability to claim membership of such a trade body comes from two sources – the recognition of the CPTPP members that it may be advantageous for them to have a trade agreement with a non-Asian state, and the UK’s claim to be an Asia-Pacific nation through sovereignty of the Pitcairn Islands, population 43...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
christ on a bike :ffsparr:

[tweet]1407348988525879303[/tweet]

Even the people like Johnson, Cummings and Frost who 'sold' Brexit now openly admit they had no idea what they were doing.

It's very clearly a complete and unmitigated list of disasterous issues which Britain now have to try and find solutions to going forward. They aren't 'scare stories' any longer, it's now reality.

And there's still people celebrating that they 'won' a vote 5 years ago (i'm guessing it was a rare 'win'). However, not one of them can come up with a single suggestion for how to resolve any of the issues they have created.

The level of idiocy displayed on this thread really is unbelievable :shootself:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even the people like Johnson, Cummings and Frost who 'sold' Brexit now openly admit they had no idea what they were doing.

It's very clearly a complete and unmitigated list of disasterous issues which Britain now have to try and find solutions to going forward. They aren't 'scare stories' any longer, it's now reality.

And there's still people celebrating that they 'won' a vote 5 years ago (i'm guessing it was a rare 'win'). However, not one of them can come up with a single suggestion for how to resolve any of the issues they have created.

The level of idiocy displayed on this thread really is unbelievable :shootself:

Good job we sent in our slickest operators to get the job done

Capture.PNG

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Article in today's Independent (on line) on this, the 5th anniversary of the liberating decision to leave the evil empire, that Brexit is costing us £800 mill a week. Well I don't know about you lot of moaning minnies but I for one think that it's a price well worth paying in exchange for the many benefits that this has brought which are palpably improving the lives of we lucky Brits. I've listed them below:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Article in today's Independent (on line) on this, the 5th anniversary of the liberating decision to leave the evil empire, that Brexit is costing us £800 mill a week. Well I don't know about you lot of moaning minnies but I for one think that it's a price well worth paying in exchange for the many benefits that this has brought which are palpably improving the lives of we lucky Brits. I've listed them below:

does that include the 350m for the NHS? otherwise we are only 450m a week down

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the Fairy and Lightly Baked would like the unvarnished truth of Brexit, James O'Brien has " How has Brexit affected your job/business? "' on LBC currently...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
feel free to call in and regale about the benefits and all the life improvements you've enjoyed

As someone who would much rather be in the EU, and runs a business exporting materials (worldwide, not just to Europe) I must admit things have been pretty good. (yes, I'm surprised)

The fall in the value of Sterling 5 years ago boosted our sales hugely, we've enjoyed record business in the last 5 years (although Sterling is now pretty much back to what it was 5 years ago)

The increase in paperwork in January / February was a pain - but that's pretty much smoothed out now. If you know how to export worldwide, Europe is still a doddle.

The problems with NI are IMO the real issue - it simply wasn't thought through (by the UK and the EU)

I'd still rather be in it though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As someone who would much rather be in the EU, and runs a business exporting materials (worldwide, not just to Europe) I must admit things have been pretty good. (yes, I'm surprised)

The fall in the value of Sterling 5 years ago boosted our sales hugely, we've enjoyed record business in the last 5 years (although Sterling is now pretty much back to what it was 5 years ago)

The increase in paperwork in January / February was a pain - but that's pretty much smoothed out now. If you know how to export worldwide, Europe is still a doddle.

The problems with NI are IMO the real issue - it simply wasn't thought through (by the UK and the EU)

I'd still rather be in it though.

I can imagine that exporting the right type of materials may just entail a bit of extra paperwork if you're not in foodstuffs, agriculture, fisheries etc where the major problems lie, and pleased to here it hasn't impacted you too much. And I know how sterling plummeting immediately after the vote helped a lot of exporters :thumbsup: Although not so good for savers.

The one thing I would disagree with is about the EU thinking through the Ireland issue. The Northern Ireland protocol very effectively protects their single market. I'm guessing what they didn't see, was the British government's complete inability to implement it, followed by their breaking of International law, and complete cluelessness when it came to an alternative.

Which they may have foreseen had they read this thread :wink:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here