Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh I'm sorry, I had assumed "Getting it done" was a reference to Brexit. What was it a reference to?

That is a reference to Brexit. Well done Sherlock.
There is nothing celebrating reigniting any conflict which has caused several soldiers to die.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So, like an Irish version of the Dominic Cummings / Barnard Castle incident ? One law for the Tories and one law for everyone else ?

Would love to see the funny look reaction on peoples faces if you waddled off to N.I. and announced that the outbreak of loyalist violence over Sinn Fein attending the IRA funeral whilst covid rules were in place and getting off scott free is just like Dominic Cummings / Barnard Castle.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There have been many studies of breakdown of the vote ie, gender, age group and ethnicities. It's easily researched.

I have never seen or heard of the study you have seen which says a large proportion of Asians voted for Brexit due to the issue of it being more difficult bringing relatives over from the Indian sub continent, because of the EU and European workers. That’s quite specific questions and answers the study must have looked at when it posed questions.
Cant you just post the link to the study. I would quite like to read it and see the reasons given why Asians voted for Brexit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have never seen or heard of the study you have seen which says a large proportion of Asians voted for Brexit due to the issue of it being more difficult bringing relatives over from the Indian sub continent, because of the EU and European workers. That’s quite specific questions and answers the study must have looked at when it posed questions.
Cant you just post the link to the study. I would quite like to read it and see the reasons given why Asians voted for Brexit.

Studies, plural. Look for them.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The issue of the breakdown of the Brexit vote by ethnicity is an interesting one. There's plenty of data that analyses the voting patterns by age, social class, educational attainment, region and party affiliation, but I for one couldn't find anything on this specific issue.. There is evidence that BAME voters were against Brexit but this of course wraps up Asians with Black and other minorities.

The only thing that I could find on specifically Asian voters was a poll showing 'intentions' i.e. taken before the vote. I'm not sure how reliable this is, but it does appear to show that 'Asian' ('indo-British') voters were Remainers. I confess that this did surprise me - but if anyone has access to more definitive survey data on the same topic then it would be good to see it.

https://thelinkpaper.ca/majority-of-indo-british-voters-against-brexit-study/

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cant find a study so specific with the reason you gave. Loads of Articles on Asians voting for Brexit but no study giving the specifics like that
Cant you just share the link

Don’t be lazy. You looked for all of five minutes.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The issue of the breakdown of the Brexit vote by ethnicity is an interesting one. There's plenty of data that analyses the voting patterns by age, social class, educational attainment, region and party affiliation, but I for one couldn't find anything on this specific issue.. There is evidence that BAME voters were against Brexit but this of course wraps up Asians with Black and other minorities.

The only thing that I could find on specifically Asian voters was a poll showing 'intentions' i.e. taken before the vote. I'm not sure how reliable this is, but it does appear to show that 'Asian' ('indo-British') voters were Remainers. I confess that this did surprise me - but if anyone has access to more definitive survey data on the same topic then it would be good to see it.

https://thelinkpaper.ca/majority-of-indo-british-voters-against-brexit-study/

I suppose it all boils down to 52-48..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That is a reference to Brexit. Well done Sherlock.
There is nothing celebrating reigniting any conflict which has caused several soldiers to die.

Well that’s what Brexit is doing. You can’t congratulate Boris Johnson “getting it done” then wash your hands of the consequences. It’s almost like you didn’t think it through.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your posts about rejoining the Reich and having the hapless Euro introduced in the Global UK cheer my mornings up no end.. I thank you.
Don’t forget our little wager now [emoji8]

Not forgotten it, you might have to pay out in Euros though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well that’s what Brexit is doing. You can’t congratulate Boris Johnson “getting it done” then wash your hands of the consequences. It’s almost like you didn’t think it through.

There is still nothing on there celebrating reigniting any conflict

Gettingitdone).jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’m a Brighton fan on a Brighton board having been here over 20 years , I’m not asking anything unreasonable , as for answering the Warlocks question, who knows the answer, I’m not clever enough to sort that out [emoji6]

Magic borders wasn't it?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Your refusal to answer “Why did you join NSC” means someone has got under yours [emoji6]

Big words from someone who never answers questions. You forgot to answer Watford Z's question.

What should we do about the escalating violence in Northern Ireland that has occurred as a result of your vote for a border in the Irish Sea

I’m a Brighton fan on a Brighton board having been here over 20 years , I’m not asking anything unreasonable , as for answering the Warlocks question, who knows the answer, I’m not clever enough to sort that out [emoji6]

Magic borders wasn't it?

The more he remains silent the more I’m convinced McNob is Palace Vermin....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here