[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
More bad news, I'm afraid

Brexit: UK to EU exports collapse by 40 per cent following end of transition period

The value of UK exports to the European Union plummeted by £5.6bn after the Brexit transition period ended, in the sharpest drop since records began.

Total exports of goods fell by £5.3bn, or 19.3 per cent, from December 2020 to January 2021. The fall was mainly driven by a 40.7 per cent drop in exports to the EU.According to data from the Office for National Statistics, published this morning, imports of goods fell by £8.9bn in the first month of the year, driven by a £6.6bn, or 28.8 per cent, decline in EU imports to the UK. The drop recorded in both imports and exports were the largest monthly falls since records began in January 1997.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-exports-to-eu-drop-5-6bn-after-brexit-transition-period-ends/

But the moment I see some good news that is actually as a result of Brexit I'll get it posted here, just like I did with the sanitary product tax :thumbsup:

My Blue British passport is in the post if that helps with positivity
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Thay all suffer from onformation bias combined with very selective memories
Most spent years predicting no deal armaggedon, some even wanted it to happen ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DyPWtamWsAAo6wq.jpg

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Meanwhile the Brexiters would presumably be denying the iceberg was a problem, that crashing into the iceberg was "the will of the passengers" and claiming we'd all soon be enjoying the sunlit uplands of New York.

Running the engines at full speed was decided by a democratic vote

Iceberg warnings was project fear

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
More bad news, I'm afraid

Brexit: UK to EU exports collapse by 40 per cent following end of transition period

The value of UK exports to the European Union plummeted by £5.6bn after the Brexit transition period ended, in the sharpest drop since records began.

Total exports of goods fell by £5.3bn, or 19.3 per cent, from December 2020 to January 2021. The fall was mainly driven by a 40.7 per cent drop in exports to the EU.According to data from the Office for National Statistics, published this morning, imports of goods fell by £8.9bn in the first month of the year, driven by a £6.6bn, or 28.8 per cent, decline in EU imports to the UK. The drop recorded in both imports and exports were the largest monthly falls since records began in January 1997.

https://www.cityam.com/uk-exports-to-eu-drop-5-6bn-after-brexit-transition-period-ends/

But the moment I see some good news that is actually as a result of Brexit I'll get it posted here, just like I did with the sanitary product tax :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking the time for seeking out these stories and reproducing them in such an informative way, you’re making a real difference to people’s lives on here, well that’s the 6 or 7 other regular Remain types who actually read this stuff[emoji6]

Keep up the good work and I hope you get out when the rain stops for your exercise this afternoon with your loved ones and many friends, and remember that lamb isn’t going to cook itself tonight [emoji6]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thank you for taking the time for seeking out these stories and reproducing them in such an informative way, you’re making a real difference to people’s lives on here, well that’s the 6 or 7 other regular Remain types who actually read this stuff[emoji6]

Keep up the good work and I hope you get out when the rain stops for your exercise this afternoon with your loved ones and many friends, and remember that lamb isn’t going to cook itself tonight [emoji6]

That's another no comment from you. He's just counting again, facts..

Why do you bother posting on this thread when you refuse to engage in the subject?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's another no comment from you. He's just counting again, facts..

Why do you bother posting on this thread when you refuse to engage in the subject?

Because on the rare occasion he engages, he simply shows up his complete lack of understanding of any aspect of Brexit :shrug: It's less embarrassing for everyone this way.

Evening Standard Comment: Brexit has led to depressing – and inevitable – trade chaos

January’s trade figures make for depressing reading. UK goods exports to the EU fell by 41 per cent, according to the Office for National Statistics. While some of this can be attributed to temporary factors, such as teething problems, the pandemic and pre-Brexit stockpiling, trade friction is the inevitable consequence of Brexit, something this paper reported on extensively throughout January.

The issue with Brexit is not simply day one snags or queues at Dover — it is that, in the long run, the UK will be permanently and unnecessarily poorer.

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/brexit-trade-exports-fall-eu-chaos-b923774.html

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Because on the rare occasion he engages, he simply shows up his complete lack of understanding of any aspect of Brexit :shrug: It's less embarrassing for everyone this way.

Evening Standard Comment: Brexit has led to depressing – and inevitable – trade chaos

January’s trade figures make for depressing reading. UK goods exports to the EU fell by 41 per cent, according to the Office for National Statistics. While some of this can be attributed to temporary factors, such as teething problems, the pandemic and pre-Brexit stockpiling, trade friction is the inevitable consequence of Brexit, something this paper reported on extensively throughout January.

The issue with Brexit is not simply day one snags or queues at Dover — it is that, in the long run, the UK will be permanently and unnecessarily poorer.

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/brexit-trade-exports-fall-eu-chaos-b923774.html

Nothing like trade sanctions on industries that were actually weathering the pandemic OK.

Meanwhile, we're still waiting on NSC Leave collective to launch the Victims of Brexit fund.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Lots of waffle from the Brexiteers. Have any had the courage to list the positives and negatives of their Brexit dream, or are the skins still too thin?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
List of victims in need help. Please give generously (especially Brexiters enjoying the Brexit boom)

Capture.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lots of waffle from the Brexiteers. Have any had the courage to list the positives and negatives of their Brexit dream, or are the skins still too thin?

I get the impression they're far more excited about the number of immigrants in Folkestone and inoculations in Frankfurt to try and bother to do that.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Will the idiot Johnson ever get sunk by his own incompetence or are we doomed to put up with this liar forever ?

" Massive drop in UK trade shows extent of Boris Johnson's Brexit own goal "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/12/boris-johnson-brexit-self-harm-economic-debacle-trade-drop

And this...... "Emily Thornberry has accused the government of failing to carry out an economic impact assessment of Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal, after two key government departments told the shadow international trade secretary they had no such document "

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/12/labour-suggests-ministers-failed-to-do-analysis-of-brexit-deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports