Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We can fix the problems by an emergency pivot to EFTA membership and EEA membership via the EFTA pillar.

Vote Me ! Lol.

We haven't been out 3 weeks yet :lolol:

But seriously, as far as I can see the Guy from Daniel Lambert (Wines) did absolutely everything that was asked of him prior to Jan 1st. And as of yesterday, he still hadn't managed to import anything so is relying on the dwindling stockpile he built pre-Brexit.

It's possible that some problems could be 'teething' problems, but he is having significant issues with the Customs Handling of Import & Export Freight (CHIEF) system which I know was in use when I last dealt with HMRC. (A good few years prior to 2010). If a system well over 10 years old has been 'adapted' for huge changes and massive volumes, I can't see these particular 'teething' problems going away anytime soon.

SME's like this are the absolute lifeblood of the British economy. Does anyone else on NSC who is in business have any suggestions how this guy can get his business running again :shrug:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 38

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They're probably all too busy explaining to those fishermen protesting in Westminster how they know their industry better than they do and they should just believe more

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Boris Johnson blames seafood exporters ‘not filling in the right forms’ for post-Brexit sales crash

Boris Johnson has blamed seafood exporters for their post-Brexit crash in sales, claiming they are “not filling in the right forms” :facepalm:

The prime minister also claimed the UK would control “all the fish” in its coastal waters in years to come – even though the EU has the right to impose harsh retaliation if it tries :facepalm::facepalm:

“Unfortunately, the demand in restaurants on the Continent for UK fish has not been what it was before the pandemic,” Mr Johnson told an interviewer :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-seafood-sales-boris-johnson-b1788936.html

Total and complete idiocy from Johnson at the very top to the last dregs of the cap doffers on NSC at the very bottom.

They're consistent, you have to give them that :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris Johnson blames seafood exporters ‘not filling in the right forms’ for post-Brexit sales crash

Boris Johnson has blamed seafood exporters for their post-Brexit crash in sales, claiming they are “not filling in the right forms” :facepalm:

The prime minister also claimed the UK would control “all the fish” in its coastal waters in years to come – even though the EU has the right to impose harsh retaliation if it tries :facepalm::facepalm:

“Unfortunately, the demand in restaurants on the Continent for UK fish has not been what it was before the pandemic,” Mr Johnson told an interviewer :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-seafood-sales-boris-johnson-b1788936.html

Total and complete idiocy from Johnson at the very top to the last dregs of the cap doffers on NSC at the very bottom.

They're consistent, you have to give them that :lolol:

I look forward to the 'look over there' *runs away* response

Johnson...

"In 5 years time we will have access to all of the fish in all our coastal waters"

Trump may be about to leave the scene but the poundshop version over here remains...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Abolishing tampon tax is a positive, yes.

Perhaps they could use the £350m/week that we're saving, to abolish the VAT on fuel bills - how about that?

Excellent, if you would kindly remind anyone that says .. 'no one ever mentions any positives about Brexit' ..of our delightful little exchange I would be eternally grateful [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Of course - we all want to see some positives, to off-set the many, many negatives that are unfolding and we look forward to you posting them, now you've made a start.

We're still pending a single tangible benefit of Brexit from the usual suspects

Mostly they are getting upset when they are reminded the cupboard is empty, it might be better if some those people don't come on here. Its not nice when you know you've be used and spat out...

Some think the fact Dover isn't gridlocked in the face of no checks on imports and crashing export volumes is some sort of victory and is fine and dandy...

On we go..

Ahem ... calling [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION] :glare:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Possibly because we're waiting for you and the boys to identify some of the benefits of Brexit........................

But you already know the benefits GNt you even made a list yourself once. This pretending there aren't any benefits of leaving a large protectionist trade block with a desire for ongoing centralisation (more EU) and ever-closer political union or that no one ever mentioned them is just plain silly. I expect it of the vegetable and fruit section of the #teameucrew but you really have let yourself down there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ahem ... calling [MENTION=21262]birthofanorange[/MENTION] :glare:

I am happy to state that the removal of VAT from sanitary products is a benefit that would not exist today in the UK without Brexit. The net benefit to the purchasers of sanitary products is around £1 a year. Unfortunately though, most tampons are made in the EU, so there will be some added cost in delivery to stores due to Brexit, and the weaker pound since we voted to leave, which I suspect more than eats up the annual £1 VAT saving, which we would not get for another 18 months to 2 years if we had stayed in.

It's a bit like the membership fees, yes there is a saving by not having them, but there is added expense by not being members, that more than swallows up the savings.

Honestly JCFG, would you still have voted to Leave if you knew then what you know now?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
But you already know the benefits GNt you even made a list yourself once. This pretending there aren't any benefits of leaving a large protectionist trade block with a desire for ongoing centralisation (more EU) and ever-closer political union or that no one ever mentioned them is just plain silly. I expect it of the vegetable and fruit section of the #teameucrew but you really have let yourself down there.

I’m amazed that Team EU none of whom would have predicted the UK exiting the bloc if you asked them in 2010 aren’t a tintsy bit worried that the EU might not exist by 2030!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m amazed that Team EU none of whom would have predicted the UK exiting the bloc if you asked them in 2010 aren’t a tintsy bit worried that the EU might not exist by 2030!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Focus on our own Union chicken, the shed has burnt down and the house is already on fire.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I am happy to state that the removal of VAT from sanitary products is a benefit that would not exist today in the UK without Brexit. The net benefit to the purchasers of sanitary products is around £1 a year. Unfortunately though, most tampons are made in the EU, so there will be some added cost in delivery to stores due to Brexit, and the weaker pound since we voted to leave, which I suspect more than eats up the annual £1 VAT saving, which we would not get for another 18 months to 2 years if we had stayed in.

It's a bit like the membership fees, yes there is a saving by not having them, but there is added expense by not being members, that more than swallows up the savings.

Honestly JCFG, would you still have voted to Leave if you knew then what you know now?

I am pleased you are happy stating a fact and you deserve credit for doing so (other #teameu members please take note) but I see you have introduced a 'net benefit 'criteria which introduces all sorts of assumptions and interpretations, see also 'damn lies and statistics'. But I bow to your superior knowledge of the sanitary product industry and acknowledge it's entirely possible the benefit of the new zero rate may be minimal which makes no difference to the underlying reason to Vote leave. The UK government regained the power to set the rate and did so on day 1 compared to trying to bring about change within the EU which took years and still has not been implemented. Moreover, If we don't like the tax rates the government sets we can lobby our MP to bring about a change and if that fails we the Great British Public can ultimately vote the government out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UK services industry in a nutshell, that entertainment stuff, architecture, financial services, insurance, legal and more...

80% of Economy of which 46% is exported of which 43% goes to the EU

THERE IS A NO DEAL ON THIS in Johnson's crap deal

What were they putting their energy into during the FTA, I thought it was fish?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I am pleased you are happy stating a fact and you deserve credit for doing so (other #teameu members please take note) but I see you have introduced a 'net benefit 'criteria which introduces all sorts of assumptions and interpretations, see also 'damn lies and statistics'. But I bow to your superior knowledge of the sanitary product industry and acknowledge it's entirely possible the benefit of the new zero rate may be minimal which makes no difference to the underlying reason to Vote leave. The UK government regained the power to set the rate and did so on day 1 compared to trying to bring about change within the EU which took years and still has not been implemented. Moreover, If we don't like the tax rates the government sets we can lobby our MP to bring about a change and if that fails we the Great British Public can ultimately vote the government out.

presumably you voted against the Conservatives in 2017 and 2019 since they voted against it in 2015?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Perhaps you can educate us on why you believe 'centralisation' + closer political Union is a disadvantage? If not we can assume it's a tired cut and paste Farage-ism?

The protectionism was also the protection of our own markets, how is having no protection of our own industry a benefit? You would think our government would step in and replicate similar standards but as we can see with the fishing industry they have been sold down the river

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here