Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm very much a WZ fanboy but when I read this (and similar) a disturbing image came to my mind. Do you remember, like I do, many years - decades even - after the war was over, they would come across a Japanese soldier on some far-flung Pacific island still apparently waiting to fight the US invaders? No offence intended!

Textbook GNt, flattery to caress the (enormous) ego then gently lead him to the first step of recovery. :bowdown:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'm still confused over the fishing victory. What was the win.
Where is the technical system that solves all the problems with imports/exports.

Why will the lorry park 'solution' not be up and running till June. Doesn't that imply the 'technical IT solution still won't be there?
I'm still not seeing any benefits.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I'm still confused over the fishing victory. What was the win. There were people here a couple of weeks ago, telling me the RN would be enforcing etc etc blah blah.
Where is the technical system that solves all the problems with imports/exports and when will it be up and running.

Why will the lorry park 'solution' not be up and running till June. Doesn't that imply the 'technical IT solution still won't be there?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm still confused over the fishing victory. What was the win. There were people here a couple of weeks ago, telling me the RN would be enforcing etc etc blah blah.
Where is the technical system that solves all the problems with imports/exports and when will it be up and running.

Saw something on my local FB group where someone was praising our RN for protecting our fishermen like they did during the Cod War.... I had to explain very gently that we decided to ignore Iceland's extended territorial waters in order to catch their fish as we had slaughtered our own Cod stocks.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Saw something on my local FB group where someone was praising our RN for protecting our fishermen like they did during the Cod War.... I had to explain very gently that we decided to ignore Iceland's extended territorial waters in order to catch their fish as we had slaughtered our own Cod stocks.

Much as I dislike the Daily Mail, I have to admit, this article has to be the funniest Brexit one yet (It's honestly real, I've even included the link)

Out go the gunboats! Royal Navy sends four warships into English Channel to warn French trawlers to stay away from British fish as Brexit deal comes into force

The Royal Navy sent four warships into the English Channel to warn French trawlers to stay away from British fish as the Brexit deal came into force.Hours before the deal took effect on New Year's Day the boats, armed with cannons and machine guns, left Portsmouth to put a stop to any illegal fishing in UK fishing grounds.

The £100million ship HMS Trent led the mission, flanked by HMS Tamar, HMS Tyne and HMS Mersey - all of which have been assigned to protect the new fishing rights agreed in the trade deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9105973/Royal-Navy-sends-warships-Channel-warn-French-trawlers-stay-away-British-fish.html

That's a very specific target audience they are aiming for. Capable of reading but still stupid enough to support Brexit and believe this. They've obviously been reading a few contributions from our regular Brexiteers on this thread :lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I bet you feel very frustrated having to share your righteous knowledge with all those less intelligent than your good self?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

I was a cod 'war' participant. I asked the Navigation officer to show me where we where on his map, as I assumed (wrongly) that we were somewhere between Iceland and Scotland. We were actually north of the Arctic circle by some distance. We ended up being rammed by either the Thor or Aegir resulting in the only fatality (some electrician on their ship), and limping to Rosyth with the front of our ship missing. We also lost the 'war'.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But could you imagine how 'frustrating' it must be for them. Constantly being shown up having no knowledge of what they are talking about :wink:

And, when you pointed out their stupidity, did they try a funny one-liner ? Idiots seem to have a tendency to do that.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was a cod 'war' participant. I asked the Navigation officer to show me where we where on his map, as I assumed (wrongly) that we were somewhere between Iceland and Scotland. We were actually north of the Arctic circle by some distance. We ended up being rammed by either the Thor or Aegir resulting in the only fatality (some electrician on their ship), and limping to Rosyth with the front of our ship missing. We also lost the 'war'.

One would imagine you were as popular on that ship as Uncle Albert, I bet you were the the head of the Lower Deck Lawyer Dept. [emoji23]

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
One would imagine you were as popular on that ship as Uncle Albert, I bet you were the the head of the Lower Deck Lawyer Dept. [emoji23]

Another response with no substance. You're on a roll.
Which part of my post do you refute?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But could you imagine how 'frustrating' it must be for them. Constantly being shown up having no knowledge of what they are talking about :wink:
All they know is what The Daily Mail tells them. It might be more useful if the Mail published 50 Herring Recipes!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Afternoon GAP, Veggie and Dave.

Hope you're all well this crisp January day.

Feels good to be out, doesn't it?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Another response with no substance. You're on a roll.
Which part of my post do you refute?

The bit where a ship that you allegedly served on is involved in a major collision resulting in apparent loss of life and resulting on the ship you allegedly served on limping to Rosyth.

I find I astonishing you can’t recall the name of the ship that hit you!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I see the Brains Trust have arrived. I'm guessing they probably forgot to stockpile the crayons

three-clowns-RJKWB0.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here