Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
EpifU2yW8AEVF0Q.jpeg

Jan 30, 2008
We hope to see a Europe where men of every country will think as much of being a European as of belonging to their native land, and that without losing any part of their love and loyalty to their birthplace. We hope that wherever they go in this wide domain, to we set no limit in the European continent, they will truly feel ‘Here I am at home. I am a citizen of this country too’.

That was Winston Churchill. You probably prefer the style of that leviathan of British statesmanship Aaron Banks. Here's a contribution from him.

"We didn't win two world wars to be pushed around by a Kraut."

Who's stopping you from travelling to the EU ?
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder how many 'posters' we will get on here today, reminding us how stupid they were 4.5 years ago (and daily since) :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see lobster and crab fishermen from leave voting Yorkshire are now worried about their future. Idiots.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is it with the fisherman? They all had their chests puffed out when they voted to leave and now they’re complaining about the possibility of tariffs on 80% of their catch and the loss of the market.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I see lobster and crab fishermen from leave voting Yorkshire are now worried about their future. Idiots.

"Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions..."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What is it with the fisherman? They all had their chests puffed out when they voted to leave and now they’re complaining about the possibility of tariffs on 80% of their catch and the loss of the market.
Ah but remember they were told they would have all the current benefits of access to the EU market + " frictionless trade".... I can clearly remember Gove being interviewed and gushing with enthusiasm that the EU would do everything in its power to sign highly advantageous trade deals with us....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The thing is that if you look at the poll above there are a lot of posters who are still active all over the rest of the Board but never express an opinion here. I'd be genuinely interested in their view of how it's going and what we now need to do to meet their expectations when they voted for Brexit ?

[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=27239]atomised[/MENTION] [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] [MENTION=17028]dejavuatbtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] [MENTION=1804]sams dad[/MENTION] [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION]

Sorry, I'm not picking on you, but yours are just a few names at random who voted leave on the poll. And that I recognise as being regular posters who post sensible stuff elsewhere (that I agree with) and I don't think I've fallen out with :wink:

Don't venture into the bear pit but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be voting leave now. Doomed to it complete with a no deal I suspect

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

At least they're honest and realise they've been mugged off, what is it with others who continually lie to themselves?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Don't venture into the bear pit but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't be voting leave now. Doomed to it complete with a no deal I suspect

The polling company Britain Thinks has followed changing attitudes since 2016. Thirteen percent of Leave voters now wish they had voted differently. The proportion of all voters who describe themselves as die- hard leavers optimistic for the future is down to 25 percent.

This receding tribe won't be worried. The lies of their heroes resonated that summers day. They won.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The polling company Britain Thinks has followed changing attitudes since 2016. Thirteen percent of Leave voters now wish they had voted differently. The proportion of all voters who describe themselves as die- hard leavers optimistic for the future is down to 25 percent.

This receding tribe won't be worried. The lies of their heroes resonated that summers day. They won.

Always amusing seeing someone who has little if any respect for democratic results when they don't go their way (see the referendum result/last general election) clinging on to poll findings ... the last bastion of undemocratic loons obvs.

Let me know when polls show a 20% poll lead against the referendum decision as was the case a few years after we voted to remain in the EC.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Always amusing seeing someone who has little if any respect for democratic results when they don't go their way (see the referendum result/last general election) clinging on to poll findings ... the last bastion of undemocratic loons obvs.

Let me know when polls show a 20% poll lead against the referendum decision as was the case a few years after we voted to remain in the EC.

Negative attitudes towards us leaving the EU have been clear for some time. I was simply pointing that out.

But on 23 June 2016 the Leave vote was greater than the Remain one. I pointed that out too.

(Given that noting poll findings is apparently the preserve of undemocratic loons I am surprised that you cite a long ago anti-membership poll. Double standards I suppose. Still, as you've raised it, can you tell us when the poll was please?)

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
But Brexit now is still a great idea.....

[tweet]1340775172370911233[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here