Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Define fishing illegally. I have pointed out several times rich owners sold off the fishing rights.

UK fishing fleet cant sell off the quota allocated to EU states. under no deal, that quota wont be theirs anymore, so general EU ships fishing UK waters will be fishing illegally. some EU ships will be fishing under UK contract (those noted in BBC article linked earlier) and likely can carry on, or at least a different issue.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
UK fishing fleet cant sell off the quota allocated to EU states. under no deal, that quota wont be theirs anymore, so general EU ships fishing UK waters will be fishing illegally. some EU ships will be fishing under UK contract (those noted in BBC article linked earlier) and likely can carry on, or at least a different issue.

Be interesting how much on this British fish in actually in English & Welsh fishing waters.

Food for thought that...

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
In Britain we're incredibly fortunate to be gifted with the English language, we're a lap ahead of much of the world before we even go to school.

Despite this it's strange how many European leaders sound more intelligent in their second language than many of the current crop of British cabinet ministers do in their first.

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1338052426516082688

I genuinely believe the UK 'negotiators went into this with a 'we are British, we will wipe the floor with them' attitude.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Good to see the 5th column collective out in force this morning peddling the usual nonsense.

Meanwhile, it's time for another entry in my Project Fear proved wrong collection ...

Project Fear

'Brexit' would lead to loss of 100,000 bank jobs, says City

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...s-of-100000-bank-jobs-says-city-a3124661.html

Brexit could lead to loss of 100,000 financial services jobs, report warns

PwC report estimates 70,000-100,000 fewer jobs in 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...f-100000-financial-services-jobs-report-warns

‘Tens of thousands of jobs will go’ in the City if UK leaves EU
Treasury believes 285,000 financial services jobs are linked to EU

https://www.ft.com/content/868345d8-1607-11e6-b197-a4af20d5575e

Reality

Finance jobs stayed in London after Brexit vote

https://www.ft.com/content/0c7c2597-4afd-4ade-bc19-02c3bbc53daf

Most major banks have increased employment in London since Brexit vote

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/busines...ncreased-employment-london-since-brexit-vote/

Please will you stop the '5th column' and 'project fear' nonsense. It really adds nothing to your argument - in fact it is detracts from it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think Johnson wants a deal, he has the backing to walk away with out a deal in cabinet and would more than likely pass if it was put to a vote due to the numbers.

I’m not sure walking away will hurt him that much
Johnson just said " Whatever happens, the UK will do very, very well"? Not sure how much more bullshit he can come up with when his own government's report said the country will suffer a financial loss either way.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Johnson just said " Whatever happens, the UK will do very, very well"? Not sure how much more bullshit he can come up with when his own government's report said the country will suffer a financial loss either way.

He gets away with it, because he knows that up and down the country, there's doughnuts supporting him, because otherwise they will be seen to have been wrong, and thin skin doesn't permit this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I genuinely believe the UK 'negotiators went into this with a 'we are British, we will wipe the floor with them' attitude.

The ghosts of colonialism live on, some of these people still believe half the map of the world is still pink.

From English football hooligans to wannabe cabinet International law breakers in cabinet, we make our own rules and know better

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll leave you to it, I can’t compete with NATO, Sea Cadets and geopolitical super structures [emoji23][emoji23]

For the record, there will be some people on here aligned with your beliefs that will have their face in their hands at your post, shame they won’t comment!

If they want to be embarrassed at me pointing out you can't argue that the navy both does and doesn't patrol our waters then they're welcome to do so. Most people will realise the logical fallacy of your own position.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The fishing rights were sold off in the early 90s. There is a 12 nautical mile limit, which, incidentally, was extended from 3 miles when we joined the EU.

Yes, these are existing Fishery Patrol boats, but it suits Jonson & the Tories to make headlines out of sending in the gunboats.
It also encourages the racists to think they will be sinking immigrants too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52420116

Doesn’t matter how many times you repeat it, there is not a 12 nautical mile limit for fishing,

_110807919_brexit_fishing_map3-nc.png

and incidentally the extension from 3 miles was agreed at UN convention level (nothing to do with the EU) and we then extended ours with The Territorial Sea Act in 1987 which was before the EU was even formed out of the signing of The Maastricht Treaty in 1992.(previously EEC)
You even imagining the association of Fishery Patrol boats and sinking immigrants says more about how your mind works than anyone else’s.
3 points here we come.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Its the HUGE LIE that that will never go away for Vote Leave

Capture.JPG

They said we could "have our cake and eat it" and this was enough to bring in the non-racist Leave Vote from the Tory shires. People read the Telegraph, they believed this sh1t

Now they are trying to tell us Leave Voters voted for no deal and it will be no drama

UK business should be threatening to sue the offenders NOW for consequential loses

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Its the HUGE LIE that that will never go away for Vote Leave

They said we could "have our cake and eat it" and this was enough to bring in the non-racist Leave Vote from the Tory shires. People read the Telegraph, they believed this sh1t

Now they are trying to tell us Leave Voters voted for no deal and it will be no drama

UK business should be threatening to sue the offenders NOW for consequential losses

Who would they sue exactly? Me, for voting leave? :bowdown::lolol:

Priceless.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who would they sue exactly? Me, for voting leave? :bowdown::lolol:

Priceless.

No you're the victim

Compassion for the Conned, Contempt for the Con Men

Suing aside, are you comfortable the way they lied to you? It does explain though why so many leaver voters are still so angry, I would be too...

Jan 30, 2008
No you're the victim
L
Compassion for the Conned, Contempt for the Con Men

Suing aside, are you comfortable the way they lied to you? It does explain though why so many leaver voters are still so angry, I would be too...

Ha ha talking about victims here you are bleating on about a Democratic decision, I'm not angry and I would imagine the vast majority of people who voted leave aren',t lets face the facts we got what we voted for in January, have a early christmas present from me in the form of a cap ...............:dunce:
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Reminder: That Britain handed the license to monitor its waters to a French firm last year
“It is ludicrous at a time when we’re supposed to be taking back control of our fisheries that we’re handing over the policing of them to a company part-owned by the French government."

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...-its-waters-to-a-french-firm-last-year/13/12/

Seems consistent to be fair, they do after all manufacture our blue (they are black but I'm ok with that) passports

I do think the prospect on seeing any French people help supervise the customs border between NI and GB would though be a step too far.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here