Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Still, good to see we've reached the "send in our navy against our oldest allies" stage of Brexit...
The Navy?? These are existing FP Ships??
So what's the point of them being announced then? Other than to try and antagonise our oldest allies?

By allies,

I’m assuming you mean the Fisherman from other countries who will if a deal isn’t reached be fishing illegally and the FP Sdn will then be in their rights to police.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The only thing that makes me disagree with this is the way that even now he keeps pulling back from the edge. He could have walked out on Wednesday, he didn't. He could have walked out on Friday, he didn't. He could have walked out today, he hasn't. If he genuinely doesn't want a deal he's leaving himself more of a hostage to fortune, even if it's all about the blame game.
I think it is all about the blame game, the EU don't want to be seen carrying the can for breaking off negotiations and Johnson wants to walk away but doesn't want any shit stuck to him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

By allies,

I’m assuming you mean the Fisherman from other countries who will if a deal isn’t reached be fishing illegally and the FP Sdn will then be in their rights to police.

The fishing rights were sold off in the early 90s. There is a 12 nautical mile limit, which, incidentally, was extended from 3 miles when we joined the EU.

Yes, these are existing Fishery Patrol boats, but it suits Jonson & the Tories to make headlines out of sending in the gunboats.
It also encourages the racists to think they will be sinking immigrants too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52420116

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

By allies,

Define fishing illegally. I have pointed out several times rich owners sold off the fishing rights.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The fishing rights were sold off in the early 90s. There is a 12 nautical mile limit, which, incidentally, was extended from 3 miles when we joined the EU.

Yes, these are existing Fishery Patrol boats, but it suits Jonson & the Tories to make headlines out of sending in the gunboats.
It also encourages the racists to think they will be sinking immigrants too.

And you, a former Wren describing Fishery Protection Ships with crew who work extremely hard doing an important job as “Gun Boats” is a little disappointing to be perfectly honest!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Of course he doesn't. He just thinks it's a cool war time thing to use as a substitute for the equally stupid and offensive "traitor". In my experience (having worked and studied with many) those with a firm grasp of history tend also to be huge Remainers.

If yout knowingly hurt the country, it's traitorous. No deal Brexiteers know it will hurt the country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And you, a former Wren describing Fishery Protection Ships with crew who work extremely hard doing an important job as “Gun Boats” is a little disappointing to be perfectly honest!

You know full well I am quoting the gutter press description.

Whilst I’m here MI6 would laugh at JCFG calling me a 5th columnist, seeing as I passed the PV.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think it is all about the blame game, the EU don't want to be seen carrying the can for breaking off negotiations and Johnson wants to walk away but doesn't want any shit stuck to him.

Think Johnson wants a deal, he has the backing to walk away with out a deal in cabinet and would more than likely pass if it was put to a vote due to the numbers.

I’m not sure walking away will hurt him that much

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You know full well I am quoting the gutter press description.

Whilst I’m here MI6 would laugh at JCFG calling me a 5th columnist, seeing as I passed the PV.

Not good, the use of 5th column etc, last night one of our fans called another fan a nonce on here as well, really not good all of this, none of us are ever going to agree so this thread is just a platform for both sides to sling shit at each other, fellow fans, I say shut it down it serves no purpose.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not good, the use of 5th column etc, last night one of our fans called another fan a nonce on here as well, really not good all of this, none of us are ever going to agree so this thread is just a platform for both sides to sling shit at each other, fellow fans, I say shut it down it serves no purpose.

I agreed with you about the nonce insult.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Run by who? The air force? The sea cadets?

By allies,

So you'd boil an entire geopolitical superstructure involving NATO and basically the entire western world into a "he caught a mackerel where he wasn't supposed to"?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

If that is true then Johnson's an idiot. The EU has no need to walk away, no desire to walk away and frankly while they would be hurt by No Deal they can easily cope with it. If there is to be any walking away, it will have to be done by Johnson.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good to see the 5th column collective out in force this morning peddling the usual nonsense.

Can everyone please stop calling out the government for awarding contracts to their mates and foreign powers, its unpatriotic...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Run by who? The air force? The sea cadets?

So you'd boil an entire geopolitical superstructure involving NATO and basically the entire western world into a "he caught a mackerel where he wasn't supposed to"?

Wow [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll leave you to it, I can’t compete with NATO, Sea Cadets and geopolitical super structures [emoji23][emoji23]

For the record, there will be some people on here aligned with your beliefs that will have their face in their hands at your post, shame they won’t comment!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd still like a Brexiter to come on here and define absolute sovereignty, what exactly does it mean? Can we achieve it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

These words are wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In Britain we're incredibly fortunate to be gifted with the English language, we're a lap ahead of much of the world before we even go to school.

Despite this it's strange how many European leaders sound more intelligent in their second language than many of the current crop of British cabinet ministers do in their first.

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1338052426516082688

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here