Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
I have mentioned this before on here, but it's goodbye Ski Season to any British kids who wanted to work abroad for a season. As someone who has met hundreds of these hard working British kids over the years, as reps, drivers, ski hosts, chalet staff and all the nursery/kids staff, it is so sad that the next generations of hard working, opportunist kids won't get that opportunity.

25,000 jobs going to EU kids instead of British ones each year is only small stuff compared to everything else going on, but still not good for future generations :down:

British ski workers ‘set to lose seasonal jobs’ after Brexit

From 1 January, post-Brexit, British employees seeking seasonal work as chalet hosts, instructors, drivers and nannies in European ski resorts will find it more difficult to obtain work.

“It’s game over unless the government makes an agreement with the EU that will mean there is a way for British staff to work across Europe in the tourism industry on seasonal jobs,” said Charles Owen, director of Seasonal Businesses in Travel (SBiT), which represents many holiday firms.

The trade body claims that up to 25,000 British seasonal worker jobs in the travel industry will be lost, many contracted by UK-based companies.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/22/british-ski-workers-set-to-lose-seasonal-jobs-after-brexit

And I would guess that the fact everyone knew this was what they were voting for is little compensation for them.
I guess if they're that keen and their emloyers would like them back they could always apply for a work permit ??? Another slippery slope for Watford bloke
Regards
DF

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have mentioned this before on here, but it's goodbye Ski Season to any British kids who wanted to work abroad for a season. As someone who has met hundreds of these hard working British kids over the years, as reps, drivers, ski hosts, chalet staff and all the nursery/kids staff, it is so sad that the next generations of hard working, opportunist kids won't get that opportunity.

25,000 jobs going to EU kids instead of British ones each year is only small stuff compared to everything else going on, but still not good for future generations :down:

From 1 January, post-Brexit, British employees seeking seasonal work as chalet hosts, instructors, drivers and nannies in European ski resorts will find it more difficult to obtain work.

“It’s game over unless the government makes an agreement with the EU that will mean there is a way for British staff to work across Europe in the tourism industry on seasonal jobs,” said Charles Owen, director of Seasonal Businesses in Travel (SBiT), which represents many holiday firms.

The trade body claims that up to 25,000 British seasonal worker jobs in the travel industry will be lost, many contracted by UK-based companies.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/22/british-ski-workers-set-to-lose-seasonal-jobs-after-brexit

And I would guess that the fact everyone knew this was what they were voting for is little compensation for them.

It's a slippery slope getting your info from that source, it's all downhill from there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Bloody Brits, going over there, taking their jobs...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bloody Brits, going over there, taking their jobs...

I'm just waiting for some idiot who has no understanding what they are talking about (again), to suggest it's just a question of getting a work permit, not understanding linked resorts run across multiple countries and the fact that the ski companies often need employees to move across resorts, countries, airports etc throughout the EU, often without any notice, just to do their job.

And isn't it nice to see that nasty, angry [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] back posting as that witty little one liner [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] again. Between you and me, I think it would be a bit less embarrassing all round if he just deleted the JCFG account.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And you thought that the perfect way to alleviate my 'narcissistic personality disorder' would be you spending 3 years of your time, and hundreds of posts setting up a second account simply to try and wind me up :laugh:

And even now, caught behind the sheep, sweating profusely with your trousers round your ankles, you're incapable of holding up your hands and admitting it. You carry on with with the lies and fantasy, if it somehow helps you to achieve whatever it is you're desperately trying for :shrug:

Still not contacted a mod to find out you are talking bollox I see. Seek help you silly sausage....

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder.htm

https://www.verywellmind.com/paranoid-personality-disorder-2795448

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
probably because they have been fed a diet of years of anti-EU propaganda by the tabloids

Freedom of movement is strongly supported in every other country, Switzerand voted overwhelmingly to keep it and they're not even in the EU

Well obviously in remoaner world anyone with an alternative view on immigration, Brexit or any other issue thinks the way they do because of tabloid propaganda, stupidity, gullibility, prejudice etc

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

tenor.gif

:lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
probably because they have been fed a diet of years of anti-EU propaganda by the tabloids

Freedom of movement is strongly supported in every other country, Switzerand voted overwhelmingly to keep it and they're not even in the EU

The Swiss may be nationalist but they tend to be educated, they understand what self harm is. At least they looked at our skip fire and learnt, even non-EU nations are learning from our clusterf**k

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Well obviously in remoaner world anyone with an alternative view on immigration, Brexit or any other issue thinks the way they do because of tabloid propaganda, stupidity, gullibility, prejudice etc

OK, well how do you explain the fact that Euroscepticism is only a UK phenonmenon?, every other EU country supports membership overwhelmingly. If all those criticisms about the EU were true surely every other nation would feel the same and want out?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Jan 30, 2008
OK, well how do you explain the fact that Euroscepticism is only a UK phenonmenon?, every other EU country supports membership overwhelmingly. If all those criticisms about the EU were true surely every other nation would feel the same and want out?

I'm sure there's one or two EU members chomping at the bitt i would say Italy could be one of them only a matter of time after 1.1.2021 when the EU starts to crumble
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here