Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just two months to go.
The leaders of 40 food and drink associations have warned Prime Minister Boris Johnson that companies are planning to pull out of Northern Ireland.
The anticipated cost of post-Brexit trade across the Irish Sea "means it will no longer be practical" for British businesses to continue serving Northern Irish customers, the letter seen by Business Insider says.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bre...thern-ireland-leaders-warn-boris-johnson-2020

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When you're a smaller player, you pay higher prices. Still the pound is up today, chin up everyone...

Capture.JPG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just two months to go.
The leaders of 40 food and drink associations have warned Prime Minister Boris Johnson that companies are planning to pull out of Northern Ireland.
The anticipated cost of post-Brexit trade across the Irish Sea "means it will no longer be practical" for British businesses to continue serving Northern Irish customers, the letter seen by Business Insider says.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bre...thern-ireland-leaders-warn-boris-johnson-2020

Johnson's lies were always going to catch up with him

We don't have many politicans like this in our country, she's good, very good..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1318927999027339265

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When will the government cave in to the EU and claim 'victory' ?

I think that [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] may have called correctly it a few weeks ago

its not all one way. the fishery issue is quite difficult for some EU nations at home. would they carry on fishing, illegally, UK waters? would expect so, tres awkward though. there is talk of a glimmer of movement our side on state-aid, which might lead to a sensible agreement. there's also the suggestion of a "skinny" deal, covering trade and majority of chapters agreed, with the contentious issues left for later. in other words an extension but not called that.

As long as nobody actually says the word 'extension', it'll keep the idiots happy. I'll bet Nige will open his big mouth and give the game away though :lolol:

10 weeks to go and still no sign of tarmac, staff, infrastructure or systems for our 'no deal'

Tick tock

Last edited:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Both sides appear to be standing their ground on the whole, is this evidence of the EU being 'professional trade negotiators'?

How innovative.
Standing their ground... you mean the Boris claim that it was over, and there were to be no more negotiations?
hahahahahahaha
Like I said, I admire your faith.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
When will the government cave in to the EU and claim 'victory' ?

you mean come to the realisation, after 4.5 years, they will not get a better deal than the one they already have which was known from day 1

The EU has never changed it's position

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
you mean come to the realisation, after 4.5 years, they will not get a better deal than the one they already have which was known from day 1

The EU has never changed it's position

They will move a bit but the fundamentals of the SM will not be comprimised for one members internal problems, this was obvious from day 1 despite all the nonsense from Brexit Bulldog Davis Davis, hardman Steve Baker etc.

Whatever happens deal or no deal it will have very little resemblance of Vote Leaves promises in 2016. In the New Year we can assess their performance in full.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So, you think they should change all their rules and regulations to accommodate a good deal for the UK?

If it meant not cutting my own nose off to spite my face, I would be flexible, yes.

I am sure however that the EU would NEVER fall into that petty minded category.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If it meant not cutting my own nose off to spite my face, I would be flexible, yes.

The EU has a GDP of over $20tn and a population of nearly half a billion people. I think they'll probably be alright if they don't change their stance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here