Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Grassing up a neighbour as a drug dealer, admitting to doing so on the internet and putting the address up too - I missed that. Still, what's the worse that could happen?

Despite the club, visiting Chelsea FC, any Chelsea players, Sussex Police, broadcasters and people sat there not reporting there was any, I always assumed he left the building after his accusation that he heard racist chanting in the West Lower during the Chelsea game whilst watching on BT Sport 170 miles away in Birmingham on New Years Day.

Chances are he did hear it. But it only came from one source.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The economy is going to be in tatters because of Covid 19. Anyone who genuinely believes going it alone at this time is a good idea clearly cares more about saving face than they care about the UK.

Or that actually, despite all the protestations to the contrary, it actually was all about xenophobia.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or that actually, despite all the protestations to the contrary, it actually was all about xenophobia.

I’m sure for many it was about that. But whatever one’s reasons for wanting to leave the EU there’s no shame in wanting to leave on principle, but it’d be a pretty dim character to deny that it’s being handled appallingly. In fact, I’m saddened that those whose believe in Brexit are defending the manner in which it’s being executed. If I was a leave voter , I’d feel very betrayed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Was going to post this on the Colston thread, as that was where [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] put this response to [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] but seems more appropriate here

You could always have another flounce and leave again if you're not keen on it.

Certainly Sir, would that be the 3 month flounce or the full annual

31st Jan 2020
Not sure you will get one.

I just won't post on this thread anymore after today and if all the other brexiteers stop posting also, the six remoaners can have a nice love in thread.

28th April 2020
Being such a snowflake HT, you would thrive in the sleet of Scarborough.

You know it makes sense, back Britain as you know it has your back.

Why do you two bother to stay here? :shrug:

Maybe now is the time to jump off Britains love bus.:wave:

So you have NO right to comment on our country.

You do realise the Isle of Wight is British, don't you?

Typical of the left, backward in thinking forward.

Depends.
Go on.....

I treat people with respect if it is reciprocated, if they are just an arse, I treat them like one.

I think that's entirely fair.

I have not been on this thread since the Brexit was passed, but got called in by HT.

There were way too many posters on here who could not accept the decision, which is sad in itself, so I left them to grieve.
As Johnson would say 'A man of his word' :laugh:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well that doesn't help to try and whittle it down at all!

He doesn't post on the Brexit thread anymore but he is easily spotted on other threads, the unchanged posting style is a big give away. I do miss him though...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I’m sure for many it was about that. But whatever one’s reasons for wanting to leave the EU there’s no shame in wanting to leave on principle, but it’d be a pretty dim character to deny that it’s being handled appallingly. In fact, I’m saddened that those whose believe in Brexit are defending the manner in which it’s being executed. If I was a leave voter , I’d feel very betrayed.

Hard times ahead as they realise Brexit was an empty promise that failed to deliver and there's no where to run to where things get really hard.

Alas they won't be bringing Auf Wiedersehen Pet again...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well it can't be about the economy, because otherwise there wouldn't be a problem asking for an extension.

Where's Bill Murray when you need him ! It's about leaving an organisation that has morphed from a trading block to close to a 'United States of Europe' without authorisation from the UK voters. It's about said organisation gradually centralising control rather than, as the UK is doing, devolving power and decisions more locally. You can paint it as xenophobia, racism, hate of immigration etc as much as you like but you are wrong. I'll accept there maybe a number of people that voted for it around those topics but it's a broad generalisation to suggest that WAS the issue for EVERYONE.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Where's Bill Murray when you need him ! It's about leaving an organisation that has morphed from a trading block to close to a 'United States of Europe' without authorisation from the UK voters. It's about said organisation gradually centralising control rather than, as the UK is doing, devolving power and decisions more locally.

Where's Bill Murray indeed. I guess it's time to advise someone to have a read of the Treaty of Rome again.

You can paint it as xenophobia, racism, hate of immigration etc as much as you like but you are wrong. I'll accept there maybe a number of people that voted for it around those topics but it's a broad generalisation to suggest that WAS the issue for EVERYONE.

I didn't actually say it was the reason everyone voted for it, just that it was a reason why someone might be against extending the transition period. As surely anyone not blinded by dogma can see that extending the transition period by 12 months at this time is easily the sanest, most logical course of action given the events we find ourselves living through.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I didn't actually say it was the reason everyone voted for it, just that it was a reason why someone might be against extending the transition period. As surely anyone not blinded by dogma can see that extending the transition period by 12 months at this time is easily the sanest, most logical course of action given the events we find ourselves living through.

Fair point but for me personally any delay risks the possibility of not actually leaving. If I had more trust that those bitterly opposed to leaving - the Gina Miller's of the world - wouldn't use a delay to try and prevent an eventual leaving then I'd be happy for a extension. Unfortunately, the previous parliament, the likes of Gina Miller and the campaign for a "People's Vote" suggest to me we need to leave ASAP as they can't be trusted to accept us leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here