[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wasnt lied to or manipulated though.
My vote like millions of other leave voters was already decided before any referendum campaign. I never had a vote on its predecessor and EEC membership and The 2016 referendum just happened to be the first referendum anyone had had in this country on membership of the European Union.

But you were lied to, and are still being lied to, you just like the lies.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was pretty sure that if it was a narrow decision to remain, the argument to leave would not go away.

Farage said it wouldn't, just before the vote. They would push for another referendum.

May I offer congratulations to all those who tried to debate with Pastafarian over the past couple of days. The patience of angels. It is actually impossible to debate with someone who isn't interested in debating. Pasta has never exchanged views - point-scoring and pedantry are all he is interested in. The issue of a second referendum has always excited him the most - time and time again the old charge of ignoring the first referendum is dragged out, peppered with references to vermin and loons - although how you can label as 'ignoring' a suggestion that the first result can only be overturned if the people give their democratic approval is never addressed. The only unusual thing about this latest look down Pasta's memory lane is that Footy Genius has been slower than normal to come to his master's defence, scampering alongside like Monty Don's Yorkie.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Farage said it wouldn't, just before the vote. They would push for another referendum.

May I offer congratulations to all those who tried to debate with Pastafarian over the past couple of days. The patience of angels. It is actually impossible to debate with someone who isn't interested in debating. Pasta has never exchanged views - point-scoring and pedantry are all he is interested in. The issue of a second referendum has always excited him the most - time and time again the old charge of ignoring the first referendum is dragged out, peppered with references to vermin and loons - although how you can label as 'ignoring' a suggestion that the first result can only be overturned if the people give their democratic approval is never addressed. The only unusual thing about this latest look down Pasta's memory lane is that Footy Genius has been slower than normal to come to his master's defence, scampering alongside like Monty Don's Yorkie.

Another Pastafarian nutshell there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Wow looks at the top 4, clearly still not happy. I feel for them

What ever happened to Two Professors?

He reported his next door neighbour as a 'drugs den' to his local council and then published the report (including the address) on NSC. Even he was embarrassed by that and 'retired' that account :shootself

He's still on here, but under a different account. I'll give you a clue. He's still very pro Brexit and prone to making a fool of himself :wink:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Amusing to see so many europhiles using Nigel Farage as a defence for ignoring referendum results .. I thought he was the antichrist. Obviously, if we had voted Remain and he had spent weeks, months, years continually bleating on about an unfair referendum and wanting another one you would all be making exactly the same points commending him for continuing to fight his corner and not heap derision and abuse on him and UKIP for being undemocratic extremist loons ...

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is that barking I hear above me? ???

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Amusing to see so many europhiles using Nigel Farage as a defence for ignoring referendum results .. I thought he was the antichrist. Obviously, if we had voted Remain and he had spent weeks, months, years continually bleating on about an unfair referendum and wanting another one you would all be making exactly the same points commending him for continuing to fight his corner and not heap derision and abuse on him and UKIP for being undemocratic extremist loons ...

So, what is the future of this mess you have helped to create. Anything credible that would convince people that damaging the economy, and dividing the country & the potential break-up of the Union was worth it? You 'won'. What have you won?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So, what is the future of this mess you have helped to create. Anything credible that would convince people that damaging the economy, and dividing the country & the potential break-up of the Union was worth it? You 'won'. What have you won?

They're learning the hard way, mostly ill prepared to deal with the consequences. Just victims...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is that barking I hear above me? ???

tenor.gif

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I can answer that...
A vote in 2016 by a relatively small margin.
Nothing more
Nothing less
Nothing else

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Excellent. Here you are at last.

What's amusing is that the Brexiteers' great hero was self-defining as an extremist undemocratic weasel loon (according to the creed of St Pasta and his disciples).

But I would have had no problems with Farage if he'd carried on fighting to leave the EU folowing a referendum defeat. It's the sort of thing doughty fighters do. I suppose you'd be critical of him though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Indeed
And not forgetting Mr Farage never suggested a referendum decision for Remain should be ignored, like our undemocratic loon friends wanted the leave decision ignored, a stance a few are still trying to justify.
If remain had won then that decision would have been respected, The UK would have remained, we would not have ignored that decision and left instead. Farage’s “unfinished business” is nothing more than saying have another stab at it at some unknown date in the future(probably years and years away, if not even over a decade), much like Sturgeon is hoping for another Scottish referendum, which incidentally was another referendum decision which was also not ignored. The Scots accepted the decision to remain and didn’t say screw that result, we are leaving instead.
The remoaners tie themselves in knots when leavers have been quite clear…if you want to campaign for another referendum on membership of the EU and consider the issue unfinished business, knock yourself out, no one is stopping you doing that.
You are perfectly entitled to campaign to re-join the EU, if re-join end up winning no one on the STAY OUT side is suggesting your voting decision should be ignored.
There is only one side of the argument here who continually insist referendum instructions can be ignored and the opposite enacted…….and it isnt leavers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The economy is going to be in tatters because of Covid 19. Anyone who genuinely believes going it alone at this time is a good idea clearly cares more about saving face than they care about the UK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The economy is going to be in tatters because of Covid 19. Anyone who genuinely believes going it alone at this time is a good idea clearly cares more about saving face than they care about the UK.

Yeap, the perfect time to be the first nation in history to impose trade sanctions on themselves.

Interesting the way investors continue to shun the UK. Most of the world has recovered FTSE100, 250 and 350 all under performing against main rivals

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He reported his next door neighbour as a 'drugs den' to his local council and then published the report (including the address) on NSC. Even he was embarrassed by that and 'retired' that account :shootself

He's still on here, but under a different account. I'll give you a clue. He's still very pro Brexit and prone to making a fool of himself :wink:

Grassing up a neighbour as a drug dealer, admitting to doing so on the internet and putting the address up too - I missed that. Still, what's the worse that could happen?

Despite the club, visiting Chelsea FC, any Chelsea players, Sussex Police, broadcasters and people sat there not reporting there was any, I always assumed he left the building after his accusation that he heard racist chanting in the West Lower during the Chelsea game whilst watching on BT Sport 170 miles away in Birmingham on New Years Day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Well that doesn't help to try and whittle it down at all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports