[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah, its a great time to be lining trade deals with poor countries far away that will far eclipse anything we ever had with the largest free trading block on earth.

Hard lessons will be learnt....
HOPEFULLY YOU'VE LEARNT THAT YOU CAN'T OVER TURN A DEMOCRATIC RESULT :rolleyes:
regards
DF

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
[MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION]...ever angry, ever bitter, and now a bit random. You’re not having a good day are you? :lolol:

I look forward to some more inane drivel in your reply and the usual oh-so hilarious badly constructed misspelt German language put-down.

Ja, ein weiteres leeres gefass!

It says way more about you that you would think my mood could be affected by the moronic contributions from the half wit Butch and Sundance show on here over last couple of days. On the contrary I have much more to be getting on with.

That you have turned up on here to add your own penetrating insight on the affair is not surprising given the mileage you put in on NSC. Like Butch and Sundance your contributions on here won’t offset the tragic lives you must have with your tens of thousands of posts on what must be literally anything and everything.

It’s not like once you get to 50000 posts you get anything although in your case I would make an exception, maybe the Knights Cross with oak leaves.

Chin chin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ja, ein weiteres leeres gefass!

It says way more about you that you would think my mood could be affected by the moronic contributions from the half wit Butch and Sundance show on here over last couple of days. On the contrary I have much more to be getting on with.

That you have turned up on here to add your own penetrating insight on the affair is not surprising given the mileage you put in on NSC. Like Butch and Sundance your contributions on here won’t offset the tragic lives you must have with your tens of thousands of posts on what must be literally anything and everything.

It’s not like once you get to 50000 posts you get anything although in your case I would make an exception, maybe the Knights Cross with oak leaves.

Chin chin.

Lives? Plural? I am only living as one person....to the best of my knowledge. Anyway, whatevs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yeah, its a great time to be lining trade deals with poor countries far away that will far eclipse anything we ever had with the largest free trading block on earth.

Hard lessons will be learnt....

Leaving the EU trading bloc still occupies a lot of minds, clearly, but in the light of current affairs, to state that ' hard lessons will be learnt ' begs the question..." what hard lessons are we all not learning right now? " Facing the biggest economic crisis in living memory, an unforeseen plunge into deep recession, thousands of businesses likely to close and hundreds of thousands, nay millions, losing their jobs is a pretty hard lesson. Don't tell me that leaving the EU, given normal circumstances, would have had any effect remotely near what we are likely to experience through Covid-19. Like comparing a ripple on a pond to a tidal wave. Some short term discomfort compared to lingering and long term damage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The only thing I personally now care about is that we keep the supply lines going after January 1st.

I know we are crashing towards a *no deal* at the end of the year, but even if we can get a minimal agreement to keep food and medicines coming in that would be a huge relief.

Otherwise we need to start building huge greenhouses and warehouses now throughout the countryside so we can feed the population ourselves.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only thing that I care about is that this Government focuses solely on trying to effectively manage this pandemic, which to date, they seem not to be capable of.

I would rather they put their (what I consider to be) extremely limited resources, experience, brainpower and focus behind sorting that out, rather than trying to play political games around Brexit, something which should really be taking no government resources at all, at this critical time.

I've now taken the required actions to ensure that the fallout of Brexit will have as little effect on myself and my extended family as possible. So once, and if, they have sorted this immediate crisis, they can do whatever the f*** they like.

In the words of Joseph de Maistre, 'Every nation gets the government it deserves'. (Obviously he actually said 'Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite') but I wanted to include all regular contributors to this thread :wink:

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I find this take continually interesting - the "I'm actually too busy to spend all my time on here/I'm too busy to reply to you" is largely, and lets all face facts here - complete bollocks. It's just this one is trying to sound condescending which, has failed more times than my mate Ben taking his driving test (11 times, for the record) and people can see right through it.

I think it's the faux-intelligence that entertains me the most, though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I find this take continually interesting - the "I'm actually too busy to spend all my time on here/I'm too busy to reply to you" is largely, and lets all face facts here - complete bollocks. It's just this one is trying to sound condescending which, has failed more times than my mate Ben taking his driving test (11 times, for the record) and people can see right through it.

I feel that I really should come to his defence. It may be faux-intelligence to most, but to some it's relative intelligence.

Takes his two cohorts [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] in every time :lolol:

Regards

Butch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only thing I personally now care about is that we keep the supply lines going after January 1st.

I know we are crashing towards a *no deal* at the end of the year, but even if we can get a minimal agreement to keep food and medicines coming in that would be a huge relief.

Otherwise we need to start building huge greenhouses and warehouses now throughout the countryside so we can feed the population ourselves.

It doesn't help when the USA trade talks with us are, us or China, make your choice.

D

Deleted member 22389

I feel that I really should come to his defence. It may be faux-intelligence to most, but to some it's relative intelligence.

Takes his two cohorts [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] in every time :lolol:

Regards

Butch

Zzzzzzzzzz

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Leaving the EU trading bloc still occupies a lot of minds, clearly, but in the light of current affairs, to state that ' hard lessons will be learnt ' begs the question..." what hard lessons are we all not learning right now? " Facing the biggest economic crisis in living memory, an unforeseen plunge into deep recession, thousands of businesses likely to close and hundreds of thousands, nay millions, losing their jobs is a pretty hard lesson. Don't tell me that leaving the EU, given normal circumstances, would have had any effect remotely near what we are likely to experience through Covid-19. Like comparing a ripple on a pond to a tidal wave. Some short term discomfort compared to lingering and long term damage.

Who's comparing them? We're not talking about consecutive disasters, we're talking about cumulative ones. Or to put it another way, if you're going into hospital for a serious operation it's best not to intentionally break your leg before getting on the trolley.

Straws, camels backs and all that.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009

I never said I am too busy to be on here, I explained to our kartoffel klesse that the antics of posters on this thread with mental problems or personality disorders would not affect my mood. Big difference.

That said, I will be condescending to those that deserve it, let’s face it posters with near on 50k posts must be at best eccentric types, but more likely whackos with otherwise pretty empty or dysfunctional lives. Us normals can see that as clearly as your mate Ben is likely to be an F1 driver.

We see the post count and for Christ’s sake you pr!ck, go out, get some fresh air.......stop touching yourself and get a girlfriend. I bet that’s what their mum’s tell ‘em.

Glad your entertained, it’s fun innit......

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I never said I am too busy to be on here, I explained to our kartoffel klesse that the antics of posters on this thread with mental problems or personality disorders would not affect my mood. Big difference.

That said, I will be condescending to those that deserve it, let’s face it posters with near on 50k posts must be at best eccentric types, but more likely whackos with otherwise pretty empty or dysfunctional lives. Us normals can see that as clearly as your mate Ben is likely to be an F1 driver.

We see the post count and for Christ’s sake you pr!ck, go out, get some fresh air.......stop touching yourself and get a girlfriend. I bet that’s what their mum’s tell ‘em.

Let's break this down a little, bit, try and work out which parts are not in fact, a shambles of a post:

- "posters on this thread with mental problems or personality disorders" - Are you sure that they have, or are you just assuming this? And no, you can't go by 'well they post like it' or some other assumption - lets go with the facts.

- "posters with near on 50k posts must be at best eccentric types but more likely whackos with otherwise pretty empty or dysfunctional lives." - Or, have you considered that they a) may have found the site in the early days and have posted here a while, or perhaps have more time due to their professional or personal situation?

- "Us normals can see that" I'd check if they're happy with you putting yourself in with the 'normals' there. I don't think you'd pass the membership test.

- "We see the post count and for Christ’s sake you pr!ck, go out, get some fresh air.......stop touching yourself and get a girlfriend. I bet that’s what their mum’s tell ‘em." - see point #2; they may be older, they may be happy of an evening to post on here. Weird assumption that they are young. This isn't Myspace.

So from that, and i'm sure you're not meant to, we can deduce that you might just be a tosser. Who knows, I might be wrong - it happens occasionally. But try to learn from people, try to appreciate that there's a larger world than the one you inhabit. You might even make some friends...I might be setting the bar a bit high there, but we gotta strive for something.

Jan 30, 2008
Let's break this down a little, bit, try and work out which parts are not in fact, a shambles of a post:

- "posters on this thread with mental problems or personality disorders" - Are you sure that they have, or are you just assuming this? And no, you can't go by 'well they post like it' or some other assumption - lets go with the facts.

- "posters with near on 50k posts must be at best eccentric types but more likely whackos with otherwise pretty empty or dysfunctional lives." - Or, have you considered that they a) may have found the site in the early days and have posted here a while, or perhaps have more time due to their professional or personal situation?

- "Us normals can see that" I'd check if they're happy with you putting yourself in with the 'normals' there. I don't think you'd pass the membership test.

- "We see the post count and for Christ’s sake you pr!ck, go out, get some fresh air.......stop touching yourself and get a girlfriend. I bet that’s what their mum’s tell ‘em." - see point #2; they may be older, they may be happy of an evening to post on here. Weird assumption that they are young. This isn't Myspace.

So from that, and i'm sure you're not meant to, we can deduce that you might just be a tosser. Who knows, I might be wrong - it happens occasionally. But try to learn from people, try to appreciate that there's a larger world than the one you inhabit. You might even make some friends...I might be setting the bar a bit high there, but we gotta strive for something.

You must have sleepless nights :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

But you are quite busy on here. Tw@

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports