Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Johnson and co are trying for a vote on the deal before the text of the Withdrawal Bill is known:

Why is that ? ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Johnson and co are trying for a vote on the deal before the text of the Withdrawal Bill is known:

Why is that ? ???

Presumable because when everyone sees all the wonder that will come about as a result of Brexit they'll be rushing to vote for it because it'll be super mega-amazing?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Did Diane Abbott give you that estimate? ... Another 1 million turnout?

https://fullfact.org/europe/peoples-vote-march-count/

Just more lies and fake news from the 5th column undemocratic loons then, fortunately, central London has some of the most advanced facial recognition cameras in the world ... so the Home Secretary, Priti (and she knows it) Patel will know who to put in the Brexit Britain internment camps.

Your link is in regards to a march on 23rd March, not on Saturday. If you'd bothered to actually read it first before excitably posting it, you'd have seen the words 'Published: 25th Mar 2019' on the right hand side which may have given you a clue.

Have some epic to go with your fail.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The electorate in 2016 is not the same as the electorate in 2019.

If the electorate in 2019 do not wish to leave the EU why are you taking them out against their will? That's tyranny.

not sure i look forward to rerunning the referendum every 3-4 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Why is that ? ???
The lettering on the side of a bus isn't even dry.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Aaaah, I see your point now. Wish you'd got to it a little quicker.

By using the example of Brexit, I was showing that the Speaker had appeared to intervene on the result of a referendum which Parliament had agreed by 6:1 to adhere to. The interventions were in some areas unprecedented and APPEARED to be led by his own views on the subject in hand.

Happy to hear of any other past incidents as such.

The speaker is doing all he can to allow parliament to take control of the Brexit process, away from a government intent on leaving ... it is purely coincidental that he and the vast majority in parliament voted remain and they still can't agree on anything so we can't leave. :rolleyes:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Brexiteers - we have another fun conundrum for you. Do you feel the June 2016 Brexit vote should be seen as legally binding?

A.) Yes.

The 2016 vote was binding and therefore as confirmed, declared null and void for illegality due as per the Electoral Commission's ruling. In which case no doubt you will be pushing for a new binding referendum that is kept within legal guidelines.

or

B.) No.

The 2016 vote wasn't binding and therefore there is no requirement to Leave the EU, merely to take the advice on board, given the vote was advisory. In which case no doubt you will be pushing for a confirmatory and binding referendum.

C) Parliament voted to follow the result, parliament should decide to continue or not.

why should we let the politicians off the hook? (aside all the arguments and problems with second referendum).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
C) Parliament voted to follow the result, parliament should decide to continue or not.

That wasn't my question, as you well know.

I was asking whether you feel the 2016 should be seen as binding or not. It's a pretty straight forward question - no hidden catches, no "gotchas".

Also, you seem to be acknowledging that Parliament is sovereign - i.e. if they vote the opposite in the future, that's also absolutely fine, correct?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your link is in regards to a march on 23rd March, not on Saturday. If you'd bothered to actually read it first before excitably posting it, you'd have seen the words 'Published: 25th Mar 2019' on the right hand side which may have given you a clue.

Have some epic to go with your fail.

That's why I emphasised the word 'another' ... they always claim to get a million :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Did Diane Abbott give you that estimate? ... Another 1 million turnout?

https://fullfact.org/europe/peoples-vote-march-count/

Just more lies and fake news from the 5th column undemocratic loons then, fortunately, central London has some of the most advanced facial recognition cameras in the world ... so the Home Secretary, Priti (and she knows it) Patel will know who to put in the Brexit Britain internment camps.

Do you want to run that one past us again, or is it a late bid to beat [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] to the Two Profs post of the day award :facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh dear.

[tweet]1186261286931390464[/tweet]

They don't know what they are doing but need to force this through or they are toast.

Wankers.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's why I emphasised the word 'another' ... they always claim to get a million :facepalm:

tank-4.jpg

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just watching events via the BBC website and subtitles are on. Apparently the minister referred to "My animal friend" instead of Honourable. Can speech recognition be Freudian?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
That wasn't my question, as you well know.

I was asking whether you feel the 2016 should be seen as binding or not. It's a pretty straight forward question - no hidden catches, no "gotchas".

Also, you seem to be acknowledging that Parliament is sovereign - i.e. if they vote the opposite in the future, that's also absolutely fine, correct?.

your question is loaded, we know it wasnt binding, so i was just offering another option. personally i absolutely support parliament to take and follow through on their decision.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear.

[tweet]1186261286931390464[/tweet]

They don't know what they are doing but need to force this through or they are toast.

Wankers.

A cracking Deal for Northern Ireland!!

Completing customs forms to send stuff within the UK - you couldn't make this stuff up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Jon Bercow refuses the Government a vote on something they haven't even laid out in a Bill yet.

That Remainer *******, demanding people be allowed to read about stuff before being asked to vote on it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here