Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you might be falling into the same trap that you so readily accuse others of: stereotyping.

To be fair to [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], he's only taking my advice.

I think that your last day of posts on this thread simply confirms that, rather like your leader Johnson, you may be better steering away from detail and sticking to vacuous optimism. (You know, undemocratic loons type thing) :thumbsup:

Entitled liberal left, undemocratic loons, Leave means Leave, Brexit means Brexit, that sort of thing. He actually started trying to talk about Brexit and what a 'good deal' was and how it would work and, quite frankly, even I was embarrassed for him. He's really better off sticking with the Ppf, Two profs, Mouldy Boots, BGs of this world :wink:

Looks like another 'good deal' has bitten the dust

Boris Johnson's 'secret Irish border plans' dismissed as non-starter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/hardline-conservative-brexiters-open-door-to-support-for-deal

I do hope this 'good deal' that is going to be revealed in the next 24 hrs is a different one to the one above

Brexit plan DONE - Boris Johnson’s solution to EU for Irish backstop revealed

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1184753/brexit-news-boris-johnson-uk-eu-deal-irish-backstop-proposals-no-deal-brexit-latest

It looks like we will have border posts, but a few miles away from the border. It's certainly a cunning plan for a 'good deal' :facepalm:

Last edited:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Looks like another 'good deal' has bitten the dust

Boris Johnson's 'secret Irish border plans' dismissed as non-starter

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/hardline-conservative-brexiters-open-door-to-support-for-deal

I do hope this 'good deal' that is going to be revealed in the next 24 hrs is a different one to the one above

Brexit plan DONE - Boris Johnson’s solution to EU for Irish backstop revealed

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1184753/brexit-news-boris-johnson-uk-eu-deal-irish-backstop-proposals-no-deal-brexit-latest

It looks like we will have border posts, but a few miles away from the border. It's certainly a cunning plan for a 'good deal' :facepalm:

It looks like it could be another very bad day for the Government, with this border plan not going to get support from the DUP, Parliament, Republic of Ireland and the wider EU. If this IS what they've been building up to it's dead in the water before it's officially announced.

Lib Dems will be pushing for more No Deal planning documents to be published this afternoon too.

I can't remember the last day that was good for the Government.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Worth pointing AGAIN that the stories about Boris's private life after being revealed by The Times, it's hardly a remainer plot.

Murdoch knows a wrong'un when he sees one and he brought down many a Tory MP.

The reality is even Murdoch is hedging his bets with The Times remain and The Sun leave. Funny that the Times is running all the sex scandal with the Sun choosing to ignore it.

It's amazing to compare the front page of the Sun and the Scottish Sun some days.

The Mail, Sun and Express are all still very pro-Johnson, the Telegraph seems much less in favour of him than it used to but is still very pro-Brexit, the Times is seemingly abandoning him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It looks like it could be another very bad day for the Government, with this border plan not going to get support from the DUP, Parliament, Republic of Ireland and the wider EU. If this IS what they've been building up to it's dead in the water before it's officially announced.

Lib Dems will be pushing for more No Deal planning documents to be published this afternoon too.

It's almost as if there was never a 'good deal' and the phrase was another simply created by the Leave campaign to get the naive and gullible on board. Of course, that's those that weren't naive or gullible enough to fall for the £350 million a week bus. After all the Ireland/NI border has been there since long before the referendum, it's not as if it suddenly appeared halfway through negotiations.

But that can't be true, as nobody 'has been played' by the Leave campaign. Definitely not ???

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just don’t understand why so many posters are trying to frame remain as left wing.

I think they find it easier. Many know they hate "lefties" and they also hate "Remain", QED Remain is lefty.

To which the obvious response is "Are Arthur Scargill and George Galloway right wing now?"

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'll think you'll find there is only one correct world view acceptable on here ... see entitled liberal left. Any challenge to that outlook sees millions of Lincoln Imp types patronising and chastising others for their political choices while voting for a party that only accepts democratic results when it suits.

Good morning. The Lib Dem's position is that Brexit will be stopped if that is what the voters ask for. This is known as 'democracy'. I see you're still bandying the old 'Remainers are lefties' trope around. Entitled too. Are you 2p in disguise?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see some of the Scottish press this morning is reporting that the Scottish Conservative Party are urging Johnson to hold an election in the spring when the weather is better and the days are longer to ensure higher traditional voter turnout and after former SNP leader Alex Salmond has had his trial to capitalise on any backlash at The SNP.

Still, I'm sure Johnson and his chums from school know best - they're English. :thumbsup:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You clowns still haven't figured it out yet!Wonder who has got the sack for leaking that bit of fake news about customs posts?Another vacancy in the Uncivil Service!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You clowns still haven't figured it out yet!Wonder who has got the sack for leaking that bit of fake news about customs posts?Another vacancy in the Uncivil Service!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

As you are clearly one of this board's principle village idiots, it always makes me chuckle when you refer to others as "clowns".

Are you still insisting Argentina is in America, by the way? :jester:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As you are clearly one of this board's principle village idiots, it always makes me chuckle when you refer to others as "clowns".

Are you still insisting Argentina is in America, by the way? :jester:

Don't know the history to that quote, but Argentina IS in America, South America!

Bit like football being around before Sky, The America's were around before the good old US of A took over the name...

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, it will, you drama queen. Not every Leaver is a frothing Leaver, and things will return to normal far quicker than you think.

I think you will find that the majority of frothing is coming from this lot.
NSFW
https://twitter.com/i/status/1177198738374320129

:nono::nono::nono:

Professional people that people would vote for........it's a disgrace.

Thank you. Just as a matter of interest, I think this country will never reunite again ever. I think the genie is out of the bottle and this country is now broken. Extremists on both sides now claim the moral high ground and we have the spectre of northern Irish terrorism rearing it’s head again. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

You may have a point about some of the people not prepared to give in, but I really believe we only stand a chance of reuniting if we leave on October 31st.

I also hope you're are wrong.

I agree, the country will not reunite. How long it takes to recover from what has effectively become a sterile insular idiotic and massively destructive war I do not know.
To say you have not been led by the media is questionable, I'd like to think the same but I've been influenced as has everyone. Assuming you can read and understand what you hear.

Well as we stand at the moment, I can not think of anything anyone that has said that I didn't already believe in, the only way I would change my beliefs would be if the rest of the world said we don't want to deal with you or if Boris pulled off a mask and it was Lammy underneath it.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am looking forward to someone being bored enough to go back three years and find posts from people that completely contradicts their current view. Someone must have said frictionless trade was necessary and that the Norway model was fine etc. Is anyone bored enough?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't know the history to that quote, but Argentina IS in America, South America!

Bit like football being around before Sky, The America's were around before the good old US of A took over the name...

"The Americas", yes. America in common English parlance refers to the USA, rightly or wrongly.

Simpleton said:
Slight difference between America and the USA.Argentina and Canada are in America,as indeed is the USA.

Correctly followed up with:

Argentina is in 'SOUTH America'.
Canada is in 'NORTH America'.
Both are in 'THE Americas'.

Neither are in 'America' in anybody's common parlance, as well you know - you straw-clutching dinlow.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm afraid you're stereotyping. I am not left wing Labour. I'm not even left wing period. I'm an old school Liberal, sometimes standing to the right of the halfway line. My mother would have been described as a Lincolnshire country Tory, a benign variant of conservatism that mainly seemed to involve standing on your own two feet, spending less than you earn and helping others if there was a surplus. It was a lovely philosophy.

In these extraordinary times I would hold my nose and vote Labour if it would help stop Johnson but to my great good fortune the main opposition candidate in Arundel & South Downs is a Lib Dem.

Do not assume Remainers are 'Lefties '. Some are, some aren't. We're everywhere.

I don't assume Remainers are Leftie.
I am a Remainer and not a Leftie!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's amazing to compare the front page of the Sun and the Scottish Sun some days.

The Mail, Sun and Express are all still very pro-Johnson, the Telegraph seems much less in favour of him than it used to but is still very pro-Brexit, the Times is seemingly abandoning him.

Murdoch basically tells the readers what they want to hear, a read of the Irish Sun is closer to what is really going on. The Times is probably the closest in the UK printed media to be impartial.

The English Mail, Sun and Express are just propaganda aimed at their ageing readership

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There will be nothing new from the Tory UK government, they still don't understand (or at least pretend) how customs borders actually work, Ireland will look after its interests and the security of the EU single market

When it all boils down the EU is the glue that keep in UK together and with peace with Ireland.

If the red lines are kept and we leave with a hard Brexit its bye bye UK and a major risk of re-opening all the troubles.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Good morning. The Lib Dem's position is that Brexit will be stopped if that is what the voters ask for. This is known as 'democracy'. I see you're still bandying the old 'Remainers are lefties' trope around. Entitled too. Are you 2p in disguise?

Good morning. The Lib Dems position is that holding a referendum about our future relationship with the EU was a terrible unforgivable idea while previously calling for a referendum on our future relationship with the EU and they still would support a second referendum but only respect the result if Remain won. This is known as hypocritical undemocratic loonery of the highest order. Remainers on this thread mainly fall into the entitled liberal left category but there are a few exceptions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here